Jimin

How It All Came To Be...

 

Jimin turned to you happily a small smile on his face and he gave a curt wave. Even though he was completely angered and upset about the whole reason for you to come up to the roof, he would rather show you a smiling face than an angry one. He was even surprised that he could show such a natural smile, considering the circumstances.

You looked to Jimin curiously, a smile on your lips. His smile, even though it played a natural look, you knew that it wasn't. You hadn't known him for too long, but you could tell immediately that his smile was in no way real. You began to wonder why he was showing you such a fake smile. His attitude and him asking about Tao made you very suspicious. Not wanting to wait in the silence anymore, you cleared your throat and made it obvious that you wanted to say something. Whatever it was that Jimin needed to say, it could wait until you were done.

"Jimin... what's bothering you? I saw how you were acting yesterday and I was plainly concerned. Also, I know you asked about my cousin,  I'm wondering why... Did my cousin do something to make you upset?" You mumbled the last part as an afterthought.

Jimin froze a little. Cousin? Just a cousin? God he felt ridiculously stupid for thinking that he was anything more than a family member.

"God I'm so stupid!" Jimin growled and pulled at his hair, turning and walking away from you in anger.

"You're not stupid." You tried to reassure him kindly.

"No, I really am." He sighed and crouched, standing again and circling the roof in frustration.

He was so angry that he was pulling on his hair and silently cursing at himself. There was no need for it, but he continued anyways. He had used up so much time and brain power that he had gotten a headache. Now it seemed idiotic that he thought about it so hard he had gotten a headache. But he was so worried... he was scared. Now it seemed all useless. 

"Jimin, trust me you're not-" You began but was cut off by his angry hiss.

"I am! How come I was so dumb?" He growled.

That was it. You were done. You were so angry that he was belittling himself that there was no hesitation as you walked up to him and slapped the back of his head  harshly. He was in no way dumb and you were NOT going to let him say he was. He looked at you in slight shock.

"She just slapped me..." He couldn't believe his eyes.

You had slapped him and the anger was obvious in every part of your face. But his question, besides why you slapped him, was why were you so angry? What made you so angry that you slapped him?

"Jimin! Don't you DARE ever call yourself dumb! You are in no way dumb or stupid! I will slap you again if you even suggest it!!" You screamed at him and he cringed away from your angry voice.

If someone had seen this from afar they would have thought that he was your brother or son. He was acting like a child and you were being that stern older sister that was very angry with him.

"Why are you upset?" He spoke in a voice so small you barely heard it.

You pinched the bridge of your nose, calming your heartbeat and slowing your breaths, "I don't like seeing you beat yourself up. You don't deserve to have a hard life." You spoke from the heart. 

Jimin's body reacted before his mind could. He enveloped you in a tight hug. You both stood there, embraced, for several minutes. The warmth he radiated kept you from feeling any of the cold breeze. Your heart beat fast and your eyes widened. This warm fuzzy feeling was something you never wanted to let go. He was making you fall, fast.

"Thank you." He whispered into your ear, making you shiver.

The rest of lunch you stood there, wrapped in his strong arms. When the bell rang he reluctantly let go and walked with you to choir. A light pink burned across both of your cheeks and from the outside it looked adorable. 

AFTER SCHOOL