Re-meeting Part 1

How It All Came To Be...

You sat on a bench near the swings, watching your sister swing back and forth as she waited for her friends. She left her phone with you and her bag next to yours. You sighed, this was where you were supposed to meet Jungkook and you surely didn't want to be caught with him by your sister. She would immediately dramatize it and blab to your mother. You had your headphones in and was listening to some soft music to keep your excited heart a little calmer. When was Jungkook going to come? Was he already waiting or on his way? As if not being able to contain yourself you looked around a little anxiously. You heard your sister laugh, making you take out an ear bud.

"Are you supposed to meet him here?" She yelled over to you.

"And if I am?" You yelled back.

"Then I'll make my friends wait with me here to see him!" She laughed.

"Oh no you don't! I want you long gone before he comes!" You shouted.

"Before who comes?" You heard someone ask behind you.

You jumped and turned seeing a smirking Jungkook. He was dressed casually in a white t-shirt with a large 13 dancing across the front and a gold chain hung from his neck. He also wore a pair of Addidas shorts. He looked down at you and his stomach churned.

"She looks good in that outfit..." He blushed.

"Oh god you scared me..." You let out a long breath.

"Sorry, who is that?" He smiled and sat next to you, pointing to your sister his cheeks still a bright scarlet.

"That's my sister Mina, warning she is probably going to come over here and try to get everything out of you." You warned him.

As if on cue you heard her jump of the swing and come running over. Jungkook laughed to the nervously pained look on your face. Mina stood with her hands on her hips staring at Jungkook with judging eyes. Mina was only two years younger than you, but she acted like a child sometimes.

"Your name?" She asked, the signal that she was starting on her questionnaire.

"Jungkook." He smiled at her.

Your sisters cheeks pinked for a moment and you almost thought you hadn't caught it.

"How old are you?" She asked.

"Eighteen." He nodded.

"Alright... When did you meet my sister?"

"Yesterday." He glanced to you and your cheeks pinked to the memory.

"Hmmm... What are you doing here today?" She asked.

"I'm here to see her again."

"Why?" Your sister looked thoroughly confused.

"Because I already missed her." He chuckled.

"He already missed me?" You glanced over at him and saw him cast a smile your way.

"How far are you going to go with my sister?" Mina smirked and crossed her arms

. "Mina, I don't think that-" You started to scold her when he responded, stopping your words.

"I hope to spend the rest of my life with her." He spoke seriously, causing Mina and your mouths to drop in surprise.

The three of you hung out for a while with the new news of his intentions weighing heavy on your mind. Mina's friends finally came and picked her up and you stayed behind with Jungkook, talking for hours. After laughing and talking for about three hours Mina came back and was too tired to even walk. It was about eight at night and your mother was to work late, so you had to get Mina home. Jungkook helped you by lifting Mina up koala style and following you home. You allowed him inside and showed him where Mina's room was and helped him set her in bed. You took a quick trip into your room and put your things down, Jungkook's soft footsteps following you. You led him back downstairs because he needed to leave and his comment earlier still hung in your ears.

"I meant what I said earlier." He looked at you sweetly.

"It just seems like such a big decision so soon." You mumbled, still unsure about it.

"I know, that's why I want to spend the rest of my days figuring it out." He smiled and placed a warm hand on your cheek, running his thumb over your cheek.

Even this was more than he's ever done after just meeting someone. He was a very anxious person when it came to physical contact. The feel of your warm cheek under his palm sent sparks through both of your bodies.

"Goodnight." He whispered.

"Night Jungkook." You smiled to him.

He pulled his hand away and went down to the street, turning to wave goodbye several times. Little did you know that for the rest of the summer you would be seeing the same scene over and over.

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL