The Swings

How It All Came To Be...

                                                     

You quietly decided on the swings, feeling your inner child burst forward. The children on the swings noticed you and ran to do something else, your quiet figure intimidating them. You sat on a tall swing and relaxed, taking in the glorious smell of nature. You began with small swinging motions, your legs pumping and sending you high enough to not touch the ground. You relished in the breeze that blew through your hair and exhaled to the comfortable feel of not giving a care to the world. Your headphones pounded out a song that made you hum along, your heart beating along with the pounding drum.

(The song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ_wPlDsobA)

You closed your eyes and just enjoyed everything around you and how natural it felt to be outside. Before you even knew it you had been outside swinging and relaxing for several hours, the sun starting to descend in the sky.

Mom will be home soon, I should head back...

You slowed your swinging and once you stopped you looked around to see who was still left over in the park. Several children yawned in their mothers calm embrace, their eyes closing and a small smile appearing on their faces. Some children with a small amount of energy left over still went around, chasing one another and adding a teenager into the midst. This teenager giggled and jumped around with them, his back to you. He looked quite familiar, but you just couldn't place it...

Suddenly he turned, watching a little girl run circles around him. Your breath hitched and you grabbed your aching chest as you looked to the teenager. It was this guy you had a huge crush on at school. School was in about 6 days and you had secretly been counting down the days, wondering when you would get to see him again. While smiling and playing with a little girl he suddenly looked up, a feeling pulling his head up. He looked up and saw you, eye contact being immediate. You two stared at each other for a long time that seemed like forever. Sparks flew through the air as your shocked faces matched each other. Suddenly, not being able to take your fast heartbeat anymore you stood and walked off, heading home with a jumbled mind.

The boy looked after you a small pout on his face as he stared at your cute figure hurrying off.

"The least she could do is say hi..." He thought.

He sighed and was quickly brought back into the world of the playing kids, his pout disappearing, but your face not vanishing from his mind.

GO HOME