Shoes

How It All Came To Be...

You could use that new pair of shoes and you could just wait a little for the CD. You entered a shoe store and headed straight for the Converse which were conveniently next to the Vans. You picked up a nice sea foam blue colored pair and smiled to how gentle they were. The fabric was smooth and comforting to the touch. They seemed comfy enough, now all that was left was try them on. Before that you picked up two more pairs of shoes, a red pair of Converse and a white pair of Vans. You walked over to one of the benches they had set up in the store and sat down, the shoes sitting next to you. As you waited for someone to assist you your phone buzzed. Thinking it was your mother you sighed as you pulled it out. You were surprised when you saw it was your best friend.

"Hey, I'm going to see a movie tomorrow, wanna come?" She asked.

"I would love to! :D" You sent back, smiling.

"Can I help you?" A sweet voice asked you. You looked up and felt your breath catch to the beauty before you. His black hair was stuck underneath a snapback and he wore his work button up jersey very loosely. He smiled to you as his heart raced uncontrollably.

"Whoa she's cute... I have to contain myself, I'm at work!" He quietly told himself.

You looked at his name tag and saw that his name was Hoseok. You smiled nervously and handed him the shoes.

"Can you get me each of these in eight's please... Hoseok?" You asked timidly. it felt like an arrow shot through his heart as he heard you say his name.

"O-Of course ma'am!" He smiled and you blushed.

"Call me ______, ma'am is too formal." You spoke nervously.

"Alright... _______." He tasted out your name.

He took the shoes and headed for the back to get your sizes, his eyes occasionally drifting back to you. Once he rounded the corner out of your sight, he leaned against a nearby wall.

"Why have I never seen such a beautiful person before?" He asked himself.

Once he rounded the corner for the back you placed your hands on your cheeks, "Why is he so attractive?! I mean even the way he speaks is adorable!"

Once both of you calmed down, he came back with your shoes.

"How is this?" He smiled, handing them to you.

You smiled and took the box's nodding. You slipped off your shoes and pulled out one of the shoes noticing it wasn't even laced.

"Oops! Here, let me fix that for you." He smiled and gently took the shoe box from you, starting to lace it against his thigh.

"If it's easier... you can sit next to me to lace them..." You mumbled.

"I'm very grateful, but if I did that, I wouldn't be able to do this..." He knelt down and tenderly lifted your foot, slipping the shoe on you and tying it for you.

You blushed to his soft fingers and you felt like Cinderella, Hoseok being your prince charming. His heart pounded so hard he thought it would fly out of his chest, his fingers quickly working as he laced the next shoe and slipped it on you, doing the same deed as before.

After going through each pair and him clapping and smiling to how good they looked on you, you decided to buy them, and not just because they reminded you of him... okay mainly for that reason.

The shoes were surprisingly cheap at only $50 for all three pairs. Then you were explained the whole buy two get one free.

"I didn't know they did that with shoes..." You thought on it as you handed over your money.

He wrote something down on a piece of paper and passed it over to you with a pen as he slowly pulled out your change.

"Will you go to the movies with me?" The note read to you and you gasped a little, looking up at him in shock.

You quickly scrawled back your answer, "I would love to! Here is my cell #, text me when and where?"

Your cheeks had been flushed since he came back with your shoes and writing that to him added in a nervous swirl to your stomach. He smiled with a blush and ripped the part of the paper with your number on it and scribbled something back.

"Here is my #, I'll text you later?" He asked as he handed back your change.

You placed the change in your wallet and took the note, stashing it in your purse.

"Please do." You smiled and grabbed your bag of shoes.

"Have a nice day! I'll talk to you later!" He waved excitedly.

"Yep! You too!" You waved back and headed home.

Instead of leaving your phone in your pocket, you carried it in your hand, waiting for a buzz for a text. You were so excited for a text that would come within the next ten minutes because to be honest, he already missed seeing your face.

GO HOME