Hospital Namjoon

How It All Came To Be...

"Namjoon." You smiled.

The notebook in his lap had his full attention and you smiled and rolled your eyes. Once he was engrossed in his songs he was oblivious to the world around him. His eyes darted from each letter and and smiled when he wrote a sentence that were to his liking. He was writing a song to send into a talent agency that would get him and his "crew" a nice little gig. They wanted to show the world the music they could make. They wanted those kids that had their dreams crushed to know that it's okay because they weren't alone and that they should stand up to those that try to squish them. Namjoon had already written his stage name down hundreds of times. He called himself "Rap Monster" and when you heard it for the first time you chuckled. It was so like him to want to seem tough when in reality under his "tough guy look" he was a soft ball of silly.

"Namjoon!" You called to him with your hands cupped around your mouth.

He didn't even hear it. He had pulled the earbuds out a while ago because the music distracted him from his "creative mantra".

"NAMJOON!" You yelled.

Nothing. His mouth mumbled out the words and nodded along to an unheard beat. You furrowed your brows and gently removed your arm from Mina's grasp, being careful not to wake her. Once you had both hands free, you grabbed your pillow and threw it at him with everything you had. It hit him with a thump and it made him stop. He looked at the fallen pillow and tilted his head.

"What the?" He picked it up.

"Can you hear me now?" You asked.

His head darted your way and his eyes were wide with shock, "Oh! You're awake!" 

He smiled and waved at you.

"Yes hello my dear sweet musical boyfriend, can you bring back my pillow?" You giggled.

He chuckled, "Yeah."

He brought it back and fluffed it up for you, placing it back behind you and helping you lean back onto it. Namjoon pulled up a chair and was careful of your IV pole. He grabbed your hand in his warm one and smiled brightly.

"How is the song coming along?" You asked as you searched his face.

Dark circles had formed under his eyes and you knew he was exhausted, probably from staying up to watch over you.

"Good, I think I got the beat and words in sync." He smiled proudly.

"That's my boy." You ruffled his hair.

He chuckled, "So how are you feeling? Anything hurt?"

"Nah, my legs are sore though and I feel as awake as a morning bird." You smiled.

"That's good." He gave a tired laugh.

"Hey, how much sleep have you gotten?" You pulled on his dark circles and saw that his eyes were droopy and bloodshot.

"Hm? Sleep?" He pondered on it for a moment, "I don't know."

"Let me ask you this then, when was the last time you slept?" You raised a thin eyebrow.

"Uhhh... I don't know..." He mumbled.

"Namjoon!" You hissed, "You need to take care of yourself!"

"I'm sorry..." He sighed.

"It's okay..." You shook your head sadly, "Come here." You scooted over so he could lay in the bed.

"What?" His eyes widened and he looked at the bed like it was some strange creature.

"Come here." You patted the spot next to you.

"Ummm..." His cheeks flushed.

"Namjoon, come lay next to me, I want you to get some sleep." You sighed with a smile and pulled on his hand.

He gulped and nodded, laying down next to you stifly. This was something he could only imagine happening in is dreams. Now he was laying with you and it wasn't a dream, it was real! He didn't want to screw up so he stayed as stiff as a board.

"Would you relax! You're making me nervous..." You slapped his chest and leaned on his shoulder.

"Sorry..." He mumbled and relaxed into the bed.

It wasn't the comfiest mattress he could ask for, but it definetely was enough to let him sleep. Not before long he fell asleep and you smiled against him. He was too cute for words and you were so glad he was yours.

"My goofy boyfriend." You smiled and closed your eyes, letting yourself get some sleep as well.

SEVERAL DAYS LATER