After School

How It All Came To Be...

 

The last two classes of the day flew by quickly and it seemed to be spent happily.  Once you were out of class you headed to your locker to gather your items to take home. As you entered the senior hall you saw a familiar figure standing attractively at your locker, awaiting your arrival. His calm and peaceful stance made your heart thump hard against your rib cage. His backpack hung loosely from his fingertips. He was leaning against the metal surface, his head resting back. His eyes were closed and you couldn't help but smile. He sure was handsome.

Girls stared at him as they walked by, their hopeful looks being still in the air. Even though he could sense the looks, he didn't pay them any attention. He was waiting for that familiar presence, hoping it would arrive soon. He took in deep breathes just to keep calm. He knew that at any moment he could be in your warmth and that kept him calmer than ever. His phone buzzed in his pocket and he took it out, not bothering to look at the caller ID as he answered and placed the device to his ear.

You were smirking as you called his phone, holding your phone closely against your ear. You watched him gracefully place the phone by his ear, answering it calmly. He didn't even open his eyes to check the caller ID and it made it even cuter that he seemed so exhausted.

"Hello?" He answered the phone softly.

"Hello Mr. Sleepyhead." You chuckled and watched him open his eyes and straighten a soft smile appearing on his face.

"And why am I Mr. Sleepyhead?" He asked softly.

"Because you're sleepy." You giggled and kept looking his way.

"How did you know? You're so good." He laughed lightly.

"Well I don't know, but I don't think my locker is a proper sleeping space." You chuckled.

At that he froze a little and looked down the hallway both ways until his eyes stopped on you, "Well, well, well... Why is the little lamb standing all the way down there? Come on, as you already pointed out, I'm sleepy." He waved to you softly and beckoned you over with a slim finger.

You laughed and hung up on him and walked over, watching him move aside as you opened your locker and began putting your things in your backpack.

"Hello again." You smiled.

"Did you just hang up on me?" He asked dramatically.

"Maybe." You laughed as you pulled your backpack out and slung it around you.

He laughed and watched you close your locker. You both continued on your way down the hall and in the silence you were both smiling just to be in the presence of the other. You both journeyed down to the freshman hall to pick up your sister and once Mina saw you two she ran forward.

"Hey squirt." You ruffled her hair.

"Hey, I'm ready to go home." She smiled.

"Any homework?" You asked as you placed Mina in between you and him.

"No, we came close with Mr. Jongin, but he got too sidetracked with talking about dance." She giggled.

The three of you laughed as you left the school and began a slow walk home. Mina shared all of her freshman stories so far and you shared some happy glances back and forth with him over her head. It felt somewhat like the three of you were a family as you walked through the park as a shortcut and laughed amongst each other. He kept looking to you and smiling softly, you sure were the one and he knew it.

He walked you and Mina home and once Mina ran inside you looked over to him and smiled.

"Thanks for walking us home." You smiled to him.

"Anytime." He smiled softly.

"I'll see you tomorrow." You waved to him as you slowly began closing the door.

"Yep!" He smiled and watched the door close.

As he walked away he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He pulled it out and looked at the text.

"Hey, just because we can't talk all night in person doesn't mean we can't text, right?" A message from you read across the screen and he openly laughed as he responded.

"Right."

That night the two of you texted for several hours and still spoke of his little roof incident. It made both of you laugh all night and you both agreed that this right here was what you enjoyed the most. Talking uncontrollably with one another. No boundaries.

SUNDAY NIGHT