The Hat Stand

How It All Came To Be...

The hat stand was calling your name and you couldn't resist its beckoning signals. You headed over with a bright smile and admired all the amazing snapbacks and beanies. You didn't know where to start and the owner could tell you were beyond being excited. You saw some beanies and immediately took off your hat and began trying them on happily. You saw a particular neon green hat and put it on, taking a selfie with it, sending it to your friend, attaching the words "Look what I found~! ^.^ BE JEALOUS!!"

Not even a minute later you got a reply and laughed so hard that even the stand owner laughed at your mirth.

"..." The message read.

You enjoyed this very much and held onto the green hat, deciding to buy it for your friend. You headed over to the snapback side of the vendor and pulled off and tried on almost all of the hats. You picked up a particular hat that said, "Everywhere I go, Everything I do... We are bulletproof!" You immediately fell in love with the black hat. The saying was in white and had a gold rim which made it a hundred times better. You took the hat over to the owner and smiled brightly.

"I'd like to get these two hats please!" You smiled, offering the hats to the seller.

He chuckled and took the hats, checking the prices and recording them in a little book, which seemed odd, but at the moment you were too focused on what was going to be your hats very soon. After he was done he handed them back.

"$18.93." He smiled and you gladly handed over a twenty.

He gave you back your remaining change and as he was placing the hats in a plastic bag someone approached the two of you.

"Excuse me, do you have another one of those snapbacks." The teenage guy asked, pointing at your bag.

"I'm sorry sir, we only make one of every hat, it makes our hats authentic." The owner boasted a little proudly.

"What kind of hat place is this?!" You thought as you looked at all the hats, not one being similar to another.

You looked over at the teenager with an apology written all over your face. Sure you were the happiest person alive to have gotten such an amazing hat, but were you so sorry to give the hat to this teen? Hell no. You looked at his face and your heart melted.

"He's gorgeous!" You gulped as you stared at him.

His black hair was swooped across his forehead and his eyes were like black orbs that were slowly in your mind. *PING* One arrow through the heart. His skin was white and creamy, flawless. *PING* Another arrow! He was wearing a jersey that said "Bangtan" across it and it showed off his arms, which by the way were muscular. *PING* Another arrow! As if he couldn't get any better, he smiled to the shop owner in a pleading way and his white teeth and his small little lips parted. His cheeks made his eyes squint and when he glanced at you your whole world suddenly lit up. *PING* The final arrow.

"DAMN IT HE'S HOT!" Your inner voice screamed at you, "How can so much perfectness be in one man?!"

He kept smiling at you and your mouth dropped open, an open space for flies. He chuckled and turned his head to the side a little, giving you an adorable look that made you gasp a little. The hat owner chuckled and handed you your bag.

"How about you two go talk somewhere else." He laughed and nudged you to walk the other way.

You nodded, using your free hand to close your mouth. You headed over to a bench and jumped a little when he sat next to you. He slipped his red backpack off and set it by your feet, smiling at you again.

"He's gotta stop, I'm going to have heart failure!" You thought to yourself.

"Omo! I love your hat!" He smiled happily and pointed to your hat.

"Th-Thank you." You bowed your head a little.

"My friend has the same one, but he never lets me touch it." He pouted and you blushed and smiled to how cute he looked.

He stared at your smile and felt his heart racing and his stomach flip, oh what was he going to do?

"I rap, that's why I love this hat, do you rap any?" He asked you.

"No, I already jumble my speaking, it would be a train wreck if I tried to rap." You chuckled. He smiled.

"Do you want to hear me rap a little?"

"Sure!" You turned to face him and his heart beat even faster as he became slightly nervous.

He began rapping and bobbing his hands along with the beat to help keep him on track.

(His rap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqayv2xyzhE)

Once he was done you clapped and giggled, "That was so cool!"

"Thanks." You both looked at each other awkwardly and sat there in the silence.

"Oh yeah, where are my manners, I'm Jungkook, what's your name?" He asked.

"I'm ______." You smiled.

"That's a very pretty name." He covered his smirking lips a little.

"Thank you." You blushed again.

He looked up at your hat and quietly had an idea. He reached over and slipped your hat off, putting it on his head and reached into your bag and pulled out your new one, delicately placing it on your head.

"What the..." You mumbled, watching him.

"This way we will have to meet again. I'll keep your hat safe until I see you again." He smiled and stood from the bench.

"W-Wait! Jungkook!" You yelled after him as he began walking away.

He turned and smiled at you, his heart soaring to hear his name being spoken from your soft lips, "Yes?"

"How will I know when I'll see you again?" You asked.

He placed a playful finger to his cheek and smiled to you, "Come back here tomorrow."

"A-Alright!" You smiled to the idea of seeing this man again and it didn't help with the butterflies in your stomach.

You your feet and headed home with a small skip in your step. Today was definitely the best in a long time and you couldn't wait to have another wonderful day tomorrow.

Jungkook headed back home and had a growing swirl in his stomach. "Did I really just do that?" He fangirled a little, before quickly composing himself, "No, I gotta be cool, composed." He started to giggle while telling himself that, his stomach ready to explode with excitement, "Pull your together man!" He shook his head as he continued down the street, a smile on his face and your hat's presence sending him on his way happily.

GO HOME