The Conflicted Thoughts

How It All Came To Be...

“So how are things going?” You ask Taeyi with a gentle smile.

 

“With what?” She looked up from her phone.

 

“I don’t know… Everything?” 

 

You really didn’t know what you were asking, you just wanted her to fill the silence and talk to you because you hadn’t seen her in so long. It’s been 3 weeks into summer and you both were already busy with orientation and meetings with your college counselors and advisors. You both had been accepted into a University of high expectations. 

 

“I don’t know… University stuff is easy I guess. I see Ken and NaNa often…” Her eyes flashed your way in worry, “How is everything with you?”

 

Your eyes flickered away from hers awkwardly. 

 

Would it be okay to burden her with your thoughts? Would she care about your worries?

 

To your stalling response she let out a sad sigh as she slid her phone away.

 

I don’t want to upset her…

 

“Come on… What’s wrong?” She grabbed your hand and squeezed it for comfort.

 

“I’m worried about what will happen when I go to college. I’m scared of what I will lose. I’m afraid of losing all my friends and the close relationships with my family. I’m worried I won’t do well and will fail. I’m worried about so much I don’t even know what I’m worried about…”

 

At this point you were talking about your boyfriend and you didn’t even recognize it. You were scared OUT OF YOUR MIND that he would lose interest since you will be busy with college work and friends. You didn’t know how his job as an idol would effect your relationship, but you still support him through it. You just hoped he would do the same for you…

 

 

 

 

His P.O.V

 

He awoke with a stir. He clutched the blanket wrapped around him and tried to calm his racing heart.

 

“What kind of nightmare was that….?”

 

He had a sudden urge to go see you. Something wasn’t right and he could tell. He looked at his phone and quickly shot you a text. Sadly for him you left your phone in the depths of your purse on silent. He showered, dressed, and hurried to the park by your house. While he waited he bounced a knee and twiddled his shaking thumbs. His mind was racing and pounding because he knew there was something wrong with you. He stared down at his phone, waiting for the little light to blink and the screen to come to life. His thoughts wouldn’t stop running, and they were all running around you. He just wanted to wrap his arms around you and hold you close, no questions asked. He was just worried about his angel. 

 

 

 

 

Your P.O.V

Taeyi and you parted ways after having a long heart to heart conversation. You neared the park and took and deep breath, even when there was no one there you had the comforts of the park to reside. As you walked you let out a long sigh. There were so many things you wanted to talk to him about but didn’t want to worry him or make him know how conflicted you were.

 

What would I even say to him the next time I see him?

 

A sudden breeze chilled you to the bone. It was a cold summer breeze. You shivered and went over to a nearby tree. While scrapping your hand along the bark you sat at the base, pulling your knees to your chest. After glancing around and seeing no one you began to sing. The music that came to your mind was gentle and smooth. The lyrics may not fit your feelings exactly, but it happened to be what you wanted to sing. It may not be a recognizable song to others but it was beautiful still. Many people believe that a song can’t be good and beautiful unless they know it. Not in your case. The pair of ears listening to you were mesmerized and in bliss. He knew he had never heard anything so beautiful and it made his knees weak. You didn’t know that you shared the tree with the one person you wanted to speak to. He didn’t know he was sharing the tree with a conflicted soul. The two of you leaned against the tree, wishing to speak to the other, but not knowing what to say.

 

Where Are You?

 

 


AN:

I’m sorry I’ve been absent and not posting chapters! I love you all! REALLY!! I’ve been SUPER busy and distracted. I’m in college now, so that’s a thing… then I got a boyfriend, that’s another thing… and I am enjoying the Netflix life of Jane the and Disney movies all day everyday, and that’s another thing… Lol my life is full of distractions. But I promise I’ll try to write more often. LOVE YOU ALL MY LOVELIES!!!!

btw my bf looks like Kevin from U-Kiss… like wtf….