Studying with Kyungsoo

How It All Came To Be...

It's been two weeks since Kyungsoo and you discovered you had an online class together. So every other day you both studied together, even if it was for a different class. At an on campus coffee shop you waited for him to join you while you drank some hot coffee. Christmas music echoed in the shop almost in a comforting manner. Winter break was a couple days away, but that also meant finals had started a week ago. After finishing 3 of your 4 classes you just studied for the last one you had on your plate. You didn't know when Kyungsoo was leaving to go home but you would miss studying with him all break.

"Sorry! Was finishing up my packing to go home." Kyungsoo plopped down with a smile.

You noticed he didn't have anything to study.

"Wait... You're all done with finals?" You asked in shock.

He smiled shyly, "Yeah, finished this morning!"

You frowned, "I still have my last one tomorrow."

Kyungsoo smiled, "You can do it, I believe in you."

You sighed, "Well-" Before you could say anything else your phone began ringing on the table.

You both looked down and saw it was Mina, smiles gracing both of your faces.

"Hey kiddo!" You answered.

Kyungsoo scooted closer so he could listen in. 

"Unnie." Mina sounded so serious. 

"What? What's wrong?"

"When are you coming home?!" She shouted and you and Kyungsoo both cringed, "Luhan won't leave me alone!"

You sighed, "My last exam is tomorrow, is mom still coming to get me?"

Mina growled, "No, that's why I'm calling. Someone told mom you had a ride so she made plans."

"What!" You shouted and caught the attention of many people in the shop, "Who told her that?!"

"Umm ________-" Kyungsoo tried to get your attention. 

"Not right now Kyungsoo," you hushed him, "Mina what am I gonna do?"

"I don't know, I'll ask Luhan if he's free."

"_______-" Kyungsoo tapped your shoulder. 

"What Kyungsoo?" You glared slightly. 

He pointed toward the cafe door and you looked over. Standing awkwardly in the door was Lay and Sehun. You quickly put the phone to your ear. 

"Mina don't ask Luhan, I've figured it out."

"Oh, who-" You hung up so you didin't hear her gentle question. 

You stood and quickly walked over. 

"Hey kid." Lay smiled and wrapped his arms around your body.

"What are you doing here?" You asked Sehun, looking over Lay's shoulder. 

"We came to drive you home." He smiled. 

"But I still have an exam tomorrow."

"We know, we are in the hotel down the street." Lay pulled back. 

"Ah ok, I'm just studying with Kyungsoo." You smiled.

They both looked to the table and waved, "Hey Kyungsoo." 

Hey waved back softly. You led Lay and Sehun back to your table and moved your things to make room. 

"I'm actually about to head home, my car is all packed, I wanted to just come check on you and wish you luck." Kyungsoo gave you a gentle smile. 

"Oh... ok, that's fine." Your smile strained. 

You kinda hoped you could hang out with your good friend a little more before he left. Kyungsoo was one of your only other friends that studied and stressed as hard as you did. As he got up to leave and head home you nearly tackled him in a bear hug. 

"Drive safe..."

He buried his face in your neck and sighed as he tightly hugged you back, "I will don't worry, and you'll do amazing on your exam." 

Somehow that relieved a lot of your stress and you were happier than you were this morning. As he walked away you sighed and sat down. 

Sehun gave you a suspicious look, "Are you two dating?"

Lay had left the table to get coffee and food and Sehun took this opportunity to grill you, knowing Lay would stop him.

"What no, I'm still dating _________." You sighed his name. 

"Uh oh I know that sigh, things not working out?" He looked concerned for you.

"I don't know..." You sighed again.

"Do I need to beat him up?"

This made you laugh, "Are you kidding? I'd beat him up."

His worry didn't fade, "Are you guys breaking up?"

"I don't know and I'd rather not talk about it." You turned back to your phone. 

Lay came back to the table with a smile as he carried two coffee's. Setting one down in front of Sehun, he smiled at you.

"Luhan won't leave us alone about you." He chuckled.

"Huh? Why?" You began packing up your books.

"He misses you."

"Worried about you." Sehun smiled.

"You don't even know how much we got for making sure we brought you back safely." Lay groaned.

You laughed, "Sounds like Luhan hasn't changed at all in my absence."

The three of you just smiled at each other and enjoyed the very familiar and missed company. Drinking coffee, laughing and cracking jokes until it was time to go. You needed to go back to your dorm and pack and study and be prepared to go all the way back home. When Sehun and Lay dropped you off before heading to their hotel you recieved a text. 

"Hey"

You tilted your head as you swiped in and went up to your room, "Hi"

"What's up?"

"Just got to my dorm, how about you?"

"Attempting to be a good student and study, wanna study together?"

This made you stop. This was Vernon. You've never seen what he looks like. Everytime he messaged you tingles ran through your head and body and made you nervous. Were you developing feelings for this boy while being forgotten by your boyfriend? You didn't know but all you did know is that you deperatley wanted to go study with him. So you grabbed your bag, checked your reflection and ran off to the dorms study room he occupied. 

THE CONFUSION IN MY HEART