Run Namjoon

How It All Came To Be...

The way you spoke his name let Namjoon know, he's ed up. The one person in his life he held higher than anyone else was hurting and it was his fault. He didn't know what to do. What to say. He had no clue how to make it all better for you. He didn't know how to make everything revert back to before. Back to when everything was ok and he wasn't being a jerk to you. You stared at him and even though you were sad, angry, weak, and depressed you couldn't help but feel that deep pounding in your chest that couldn't be mistaken as anything but your heart blooming and punching your ribcage because the man you were in love with was sitting next to you. Not in the building with all those females you didn't know, he was in the park. Next to you. Laying his eyes on you alone. You could tell his thoughts were jumnbled and rambled and all over. 

"Punch me." Was all that came out of his mouth and he was being dead serious. 

You blinked at him, "What?"

"Punch me." He repeated, knowing he meant it.

"Ummm why?" You asked, slightly bewildered.

He wracked his brain for an answer to that plain "why". Nothing. He had no idea. The only thing he could do was stare at you and give you a bull answer like he was writing an english essay.

"Because if you do it'll take revenge for the wrong I've done to you." He mumbled.

You stared at him a little longer before giving an awkward chuckle, "I'm not going to hit you Namjoon."

"Huh? Why not?" 

"I'm not going to hurt you just because you ed up."

He frowned a little. He knew he ed up, you didn't need to repeat it out loud, "You won't hurt me."

You cocked an eyebrow up. Does he think you aren't strong enough to hurt him? Does he think that punching people is a game? You gave a smirk. 

I'll show you not to say that so plainly.

You swung your arm back and punched him right in the chest. The loud thump and hollow echo of your punch made you look into his eyes. Namjoon sat there, eyes wide, not moving. You waved a hand in front of his face and he just blinked.

"Uhhh Namjoon?"

You let out a barrage of coughs as he held his chest, "Owwwiiieeeee!" He whined and coughed some more.

"You told me to punch you." You laughed.

"Not that hard!" He whined and pouted like a little boy.

"I thought I wasn't going to hurt you, tought man." You crossed your arms.

Your previous thoughts of nothing going well suddenly flew out the window as Namjoon played with you and allowed you to beat him up and mess with him, making fun of his mistakes. You were so caught up in the moment of being with the man you loved dearly that you forgot he was the reason you were upset in the first place. As you messed up his hair and growled out some non-threatening remarks you heard him let out a chuckle before he wrapped you in a tight hug and began kissing your face all over. You let out giggles and joyous screams as he showered you in kisses and affection. This was what you wanted. His attention and now that you were getting it, it seemed surreal. 

Jimin had to interrupt your nice little reunion as he told Namjoon it was time to head back to the agency. Once that was said it all flooded back to you. Was this it? Was he going to dissappear again and not contact you, not talk to you, and only be the way you want when you both get near each other? Was he going to put off the pain he was causing you? You grabbed his hand as he turned to leave.

"Namjoon..." You looked at him with determination.

He had never seen so much emotion in your eyes before, they looked dazzling, "Yes my dear?"

"Promise me something."

"Yes?"

"Talk to me. Text me. Call me. I don't care what time it is, where you are, where I am. Talk to me. I need you." You pleaded with him while you tightenned your fingers in his hand.

He hugged you tightly, "Yes me love, I'll do as you wish."

He never wanted to let go but he had to. He loved you to bits and pieces and he knew that he needed to keep you close. You keep him going.

THIS COLLEGE