Music

How It All Came To Be...

The thought of getting a new CD or two was way too tempting for you to resist. You happily headed into the music store and went over to the CD aisles. Each area in the aisle had a label for what CD's it contained. You hovered in the Alternative section and slowly scanned the area for the particular CD you were looking for. As you looked you felt someone's presence behind you. You cocked your head over your shoulder and saw someone looking at the CD's on the opposite aisle, his back almost pressed to yours. You glanced at his broad shoulders and saw thick muscles on his arms, that were clearly not hidden. You gulped and turned back to searching for the CD, yours fingers bouncing from one artist to the next as if their albums were piano keys. It took you a moment to realize that their name was not in this area, the alphabet starting at M. You looked to the left seeing Country and to the right was Dance. You curiously and cautiously looked to the aisle behind you where the teen stood. Of course he stood in front of the only other alternative section and of course the section started with A. You sighed and looked at the selection from behind him, bending this way and that so you wouldn't get too close for him to notice. Your attempts failed because he had turned his head, seeing you bobbing around, looking around his body.

"Oh, sorry." He stepped to the side so you could see the selection better.

"Thank you..." You mumbled and looked for the particular album you wanted.

"There you are!" You smiled and reached for it.

It so happened that the teen next to you wanted the same album and your hands awkwardly grazed each other as you reached for it. You both pulled back as if bitten and stared at each other.

"Sorry!" You both exclaimed in unison.

A long pause...

"You take it." You both spoke in unison and it slowly became unnerving.

"I insist."

"Go ahead."

All of these things being said in unison made the two of you look to each other suspiciously before starting to laugh. You both laughed at how odd the situation was and at how goofy you two were to be so insistent.

"That was weird, huh?" He chuckled, a little flower blooming in his heart for your smiling face.

"You're telling me! I normally only do that with my best friend and it's weird then!" You giggled.

Suddenly your phone buzzed and you pulled it out glancing at the attractive guy before you, almost making sure he wouldn't leave your sight.

"Speak of the devil." You laughed as your friend had texted you.

"Hey, I'm going to see a movie tomorrow, wanna come?" She asked.

"Sure~!" You sent back.

"What did this so called devil want?" He asked as he grabbed two of the albums you had been reaching for earlier.

He handed you one and you thought on it, wondering whether you wanted to tell this hot stranger, you of course decided to tell him.

"She wanted me to go to the movies with her tomorrow." You smiled.

"I wonder if I can join?" He thought to himself.

You secretly wanted him to ask if he wanted to join, but you continued to be in suspense.

"Maybe I can ease into asking?" He thought.

"So what movie are you going to see?" He asked.

"I don't know, she really wanted to see that new Godzilla movie, so probably that." You thought on it.

"Ah, I really want to go see it..." He mumbled, glancing at you out of the corner of his eye.

You took this as him asking, which he was grateful you got the hint, "Well this is going to be weird, but..." You took in a deep breath and looked at him squarely, "Would you like to go to the movies with my friend and I? Even though we are strangers and you don't know me at all..." You began strong, but faded into almost arguing with yourself.

"I would love to." He smiled and you noticed for the first time that when he smiled he had a somewhat bedroom eyed look.

You giggled a little at this and talked to him a while longer, exchanging numbers and names with fluttering hearts and blushing cheeks. You bought your album and he bought his. After leaving the store, you said your sad farewell.

"Text me?" He asked.

"Yep! I'll send you the information." You smiled back.

"Great, I look forward to it." He smiled and waved, turning and heading home.

You turned and headed your way, a smile plastered to your face and a heart pounding against your ribs.

Jimin, the teen you had been conversing with, fist pumped when he knew you wouldn't even look back. He was beyond excited to go see a movie with you. Oh how he hoped you would get scared enough to grab his hand while watching the movie. Man his hopes were high... But it was adorable all the same.

GO HOME