The Mall

How It All Came To Be...

                                                     

You decided that maybe a trip to the mall would wake up your sleepy nerves and that buying some new clothes would brighten your spirits. As you walked to the mall you heard many people honk their horns an whistle out the window. You ignored it though, I mean who wouldn't? You walked into the mall and quickly avoided eye contact with some teens you knew from school. You hurried off toward the center of the mall, otherwise known as the food court. The mix of Chinese, Italian, American, and Thai food swelled together unpleasantly and you wondered how anyone was able to eat in this atmosphere. You shook off the thought of food and looked around for a certain store you wanted to go into. You looked down at your sneakers and thought about the nearby shoe store, then you looked over and saw a work out store. You danced and really broke out a sweat when doing so, so you wanted to get the right clothes, eventually. Then again, a new Coldplay album just came out and you loved listening to their soft music while you daydreamed.

You took your ear buds out as you listened to the familiar buzz of someone calling your phone. You sighed when you saw it was your mother.

"Have you even left the house yet? I was dead serious about you going out somewhere!" She sighed.

"Don't worry mom, I'm at the mall, I actually left the house for once, I'm even shocked." You leaned against a nearby wall and watched people walk by.

A couple walked past you and you absently looked at their intertwined hands, the warmth and happiness radiating off them as if they were a love candle.

"I'm glad, now what are you going to do?" She asked.

"I don't know... Any ideas? I was thinking of either getting a CD, some shoes, or some workout clothes." You named off your ideas and could almost visualize your mother bobbing her head, paying close attention to you.

"Don't get the workout clothes, I'll go back with you and buy you more than sixty dollars worth, so just decide what you want more, a CD or some shoes. I have to go, another intern is freaking out, I love you honey." She said distractedly.

"Love you too momma, bye."

"Bye."

You hung up and slid your phone back into your pocket, wondering what to do.

Where should I go first?

SHOES?

MUSIC?