Yoongi's Time to Shine

How It All Came To Be...

You were shocked to see Hoseok prance around the corner with a soft smirk on his face. In his hands was a large basketball that looked practically brand new. It looked like one of the basketball's that Ravi was bragging about. Apparently the school had bought his gym new basketball's because some student vandalized the others. He was pretty proud of them and you were wondering how Hoseok became in possession of one of Ravi's "Children".

"Hey." He trotted up to you happily.

"Hoseok-ssi... where'd you get this?" You asked, pointing to the shiny basketball.

You cocked up an eyebrow and started laughing to his shy glance around the hallway, "You know... from the gym..."

"Don't tell me..." You looked at him with a happy shocked face, and he looked at you with a playful glint in his eye, "Oh my gosh you did! You stole this from the gym! You rebel!" You hit his shoulder.

He gave you a cheeky smile and you rolled your eyes and shook your head, grabbing your bag and closing your locker to leave.

"Wait! Can you take it back for me?" He pleaded and grabbed your shoulder.

"Why should I?" You looked at him oddly.

You only knew this guy because he was friends with Yoongi. Sometimes you wondered why Yoongi was even friends with such a strange man, but he made up for it by making you laugh. You completely turned to face him, wondering what he had to say.

"Mr. Ravi likes you more! Plus, Yoongi is still down there and he would KILL me if he found out I took a basketball up to my locker with me!" Hoseok whined, pulling on your sleeve.

Upon hearing that Yoongi was down there you couldn't help but want to take the ball into your own hands and go see the man you loved the most. You sighed and took the ball from him, making it seem like it was a big deal.

"Fine, go on home, I'll take it back."" You grumbled in a fake manner.

"Thanks! I'll give you some chocolate at lunch tomorrow for helping me!" He cheered to you as he ran off, backpack banging against his back.

He smirked as he jogged through the hall and he pulled out his phone, texting a message to Yoongi, telling him that the plan went accordingly. You smiled and twisted the ball around in your hand. You shrugged and headed down to the gym. You could hear the soft pounding of someone dribbling a basketball and the 'swoosh' of it going through the hoop. You smiled as you poked a head in and saw Yoongi practicing in his school uniform, jacket off. You set your things down and leaned against the wall, watching him practice quietly. He made a dunk flawlessly and turned with a soft smile. Upon seeing you he froze and his heart started beating quickly. He waved to you and walked over.

"Hey."

"Hey yourself." You nodded to him.

He chuckled and pulled a towel out of his backpack, wiping sweat off his face and neck, "How long have you been there?" He asked.

"Only a minute or two," You playfully punched his arm, "You're really good!"

He chuckled and looked at his feet as a blush crossed his cheeks, "Thanks."

"Anytime."

You walked over to the basketball storage closet and opened it, placing the basketball in with the others.  You walked back over to Yoongi.

"Are you leaving?" He asked in a worried tone.

"Yeah." You nodded, about to pick your stuff up.

"Play a game with me." He insisted, tugging on your arm.

"What? I can't play basketball." You told him plainly.

He laughed a little, "Not a basketball game, a fun game." He grabbed your hand in his and dragged you over to the net, "Come on, it will be fun!"

"Alright..." You looked at the tall net in worry.

The basketball net never looked so tall before now, you weren't used to its overpowering height over you.

"Okay, we'll play a game of 'Love'." He smiled.

"Love?" You looked to him in confusion.

"Yeah, like Horse but one letter shorter, do you remember how to play Horse from middle school?" He asked, dribbling the ball in boredom.

"Kinda, can you refresh my memory?" You asked with a pleading smile.

"Yeah, okay, so if I make a shot and it goes into the basket then you also have to shoot from that same spot. If you make it in great! Then it's your turn to shoot from anywhere. However, if you don't make it then you gain a letter. In this case you will gain an L. We keep going until someone gets all the letters. Got it?" He smiled brightly.

"Alright!" You smiled.

"Now if I win, I get do whatever I want, if YOU win you get to...." He tapped his fingers on his chin in question, "You get to ask me anything and I will answer truthfully." He smiled.

Maybe I can ask him how he feels about me...

At that thought you became determined to win.

"Alright! Let's do this!" You cheered to him and he laughed.

He truly loved your small burst of energy that made you so much cuter than anyone else. He really loved you and he secretly hoped that he would win so he could do what he truly wanted.

The two of you battled for twenty minutes with swearing, whining, laughter, and pure fun emanating from the gymnasium. A winner finally took place at the top and it was no surprise that Yoongi had won, his excellent basketball skills out of your league. You were panting a little and you looked at him with a defeated smile.

"You won."

"Why do you sound so disappointed?" He laughed.

You helped him clean up the gym and lock the doors, "Because I had a question picked out." You spoke honestly.

"Oh really?" He raised his eyebrows, "You can still ask." He looked ahead with a smirk.

"Well now I don't have the safety of knowing if you are going to be honest or not, so no." You chuckled as you picked up your things with him.

"I see." He nodded.

"Okay, now what is this thing that you are going to do?" You asked.

Before you could even look at him you were enveloped in a tight hug that took you by surprise. You stood there in shock. You could feel his warmth, his love, and his complete want of this hug. He sighed and pulled you closer against him, if that was even possible.

"From the moment I met you I've always wanted to ask this..." He took a deep breath before releasing his final words, "Will you be MY ______? Not anyone else's, just mine and only and forever mine?"

You felt all your breath leave you as you heard his gentle words. He reached up and gripped him against you, happiness filling you to the brim. You gripped his shirt and made sure he knew that THIS, this right here was where you wanted him to be.

"Yoongi-ah, I've always been yours, I've just been waiting for you to claim me and realize that I like you more than anything else in this world." You spoke honestly as you buried your face in his chest, hiding your blushing cheeks.

Yoongi pulled back and looked at you with pure love swimming in his eyes. He grabbed your face and kissed your forehead and your cheeks and your temples and pretty much everywhere but your lips. He was saving those for a special moment. You giggled and smiled at him when he stopped. You leaned up and kissed the tip of his nose.

"Then will you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?" He asked formally and it made you laugh.

"Yes Yoongi-ah, I would love to." You smiled and grabbed his hand.

The two of you walked out and began your long walk home. Mina had texted you and digitally yelled at you for taking too long, so she went home without you. You squeezed Yoongi's hand as you approached your house. All you felt was happiness as he stood next to you. You were overjoyed, beyond happy and you couldn't believe that this glorious man was actually yours. Mina came running out of the house and smiled to Yoongi.

"Hey FBIL!" She smiled.

"Hey kiddo, thanks for getting me Ravi's keys." He winked at her.

"Anything for you!" She smiled.

"Wait... You were in on this?" You pointed to your sister incredulously.

"Heck yeah! I wanted to help Yoongi out as much as possible to get you to date him." She smiled and gave you a peace sign.

"You silly girl." You ruffled her hair, "But thank you." You smiled to her.

"Mina? _____?" Someone called from the house and the two of you looked between each other before looking to Yoongi.

"We gotta go." Mina nodded and began dragging you off.

"Bye Yoongi! Sleep well and get enough to eat!" You yelled back to him as you were dragged into the house.

"I will!" He waved back.

He stood there and let out a happy sigh.

"I can't believe that amazing and cute girl is all mine...." His inner thought smiled.

WHAT YOUR COUSINS THINK...