Namjoon

How It All Came To Be...

 

Namjoon stood before you on the rooftop and you tilted your head in wonder. Why was Namjoon standing on the roof? Could he be the mysterious "♥"? You noticed that he had a thick pair of glasses on his face and you couldn't help but smile at the unusual sight of them. They made him look more adoring than without them. You hoped to see him in them more often.

Once Namjoon saw you on the roof his heart lightened and his breath caught. You actually came! He watched as the slight breeze billowed around you, blowing your hair elegantly away from your smiling face. Your eyes were looking to him in a happy and slightly confused way that made his heart race uncontrollably.

"Namjoon-ah..." Your voice was like a soft whisper against the carrying wind.

God he loved the way you said his name. Each syllable rolled off your tongue like a glorious diamond in the earth. Your voice itself was beautiful to him and he was trying so hard to make his own voice reply. Just your presence and voice had made him weak and his brain swirling like a tornado.

"Y-Yes?" He finally forced his voice to respond.

You chuckled to his adorable little stutter, "Did you put that note on my locker?"

He was clearly a little surprised. He was surprised that you didn't already know that, what coincidence could it be if someone else gave you the letter and you found him up there. Of course he gave you the letter!

It was his turn to chuckle, "Of course, who else would it be?"

He wondered if there was someone else that you would possibly receive such a letter from. It made him think he needed to be THAT much more protective of what guys you talked to, but he had you come here for a reason!

"I don't know... A secret admirer." You placed you hands together behind your back and began walking back and forth as you enjoyed the easy way to .

"L-Like who?" He asked, really thinking that someone else could be trying to take you.

"Oh I don't know... like one of your friends?" You teased and had to contain your laughter as his face became that much more confused.

Namjoon, going on instinct, pulled out his phone and began calling one of his friends. As soon as he heard Taehyung's happy tone he became slightly angry.

"Yah! which one of you-" He began yelling but was interrupted by you taking away his phone, muttering an "I'm sorry" into the phone before hanging up.

You began laughing hysterically and Namjoon just stared at you in confusion. What were you laughing about? This is serious! If one of his friends was trying to take you from him he was going to be insanely pissed! But you just kept laughing and bending over slightly to support your cramping tummy.

"What's so funny?" He asked, slight anger in his voice.

"You are so easy to tease!" You laughed and he just looked down in confusion for a moment before making an "Oh..." face and looking away, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Th-That wasn't funny..." He mumbled and coughed a little in embarrassment.

"Oh come on, it was a little funny!" You laughed and handed back his phone.

He took it and jumped a little when your fingers brushed. He quickly looked away from your smiling lips that were slowly becoming addictive to him. Suddenly it reoccurred to him the reason he asked you up here.

"_____." He spoke your name in a manner that made your muscles tense and your laughter stop.

"If you didn't think it was funny then it wasn't fu-" You began, thinking that was the cause for his tone.

"No, that's not it." He sighed and you felt yourself become uncomfortable in the tense atmosphere.

"Namjoon-ah..." You remembered that something was bothering him yesterday and you told yourself to ask him as soon as you saw him.

You both took in a deep breath and spoke out your worries at the same time. The words "Do you have a boyfriend?" and "Are you angry at me?" molded together in the air around you two and you both looked to each other in shock.

"Do I have a boyfriend?" You thought on his words a moment in disbelief.

"Am I angry at her?" Namjoon replayed your words and almost laughed to the ridiculousness.

Sure he had been angry, but not at you, more at your teacher who he presumed was your boyfriend. Every time he thought of that teachers face he wanted to yell out in anger, but he has been controlling himself till now.

"Why would I be angry at you?" He questioned in confusion.

"Why would I have a boyfriend?" You asked in almost disgust.

You both froze to the tones you emitted. Confusion, disgust, anger, and disappointment was clear in the air. Now you were both starting to become insanely frustrated with the situation.

"Why wouldn't you have a boyfriend? I mean look at you!" Namjoon infused a compliment within his angry question, but neither of you were expecting the words.

"Well why aren't you admitting you're angry at me? I mean look at you!" You hissed back.

You both turned away from each other. You trying to get over the fact that he complimented you, and Namjoon, trying to calm down his look so he didn't look so angry.

"Okay, I was a little angry..." He mumbled and you turned and looked at him.

"Now that wasn't so hard." You sighed, "What are you angry at me for?"

"That you would lead me on and everything when you were already taken." He growled a little, not daring to show you his completely pissed off reaction.

"Already taken?" You asked, pulling on his shoulder so he would face you.

"Yes! Already taken! As in you already have a boyfriend!" He yelled as he turned to you, almost completely loosing himself.

"First, don't yell at me! Second, you're crazy if you think I already have a boyfriend!" You yelled back.

He was firstly taken aback that you actually yelled at him like you knew him better than you actually did, but he quickly recovered, "I saw you two!"

"Who?!" You screamed.

"You and that damn English teacher! I saw you two laughing and being close!" He yelled, his face becoming red from anger.

There... he let it out and you just stared at him with your mouth agape. Nothing escaped your lips, you just stared at him incredulously. Your cousin? He thought you were with Tao? You were too shocked to speak and he took this as a sign that you really were with that teacher.

"Really?! A damn teacher?! What the hell does he have?!" Namjoon yelled, getting completely lost in his running thoughts.

After hearing him say 'a damn teacher' you raised your hand to slap him, but froze when he flinched, expecting it. You lowered your hand back to your side. You weren't going to be THAT that slapped him without him knowing why.

"He's my cousin you idiot!" You yelled at his now quiet figure.

Namjoon looked at you with wide eyes, slowly taking in the information, "What?"

"He's my cousin! Not some 'damn teacher'! Mr. Tao and Mr. LuHan are my cousins and all the male teachers are their friends! They are like my brothers! Don't you EVER call them 'damn teachers' again!" You hissed and yelled, making Namjoon straighten in surprise.

He looked to you, looked off with a overwhelmed look, then looked back, "Your cousin..."

"Yeah you dumb !" You sighed and crossed your arms, "If you wanted to know who he was you should've asked calmly you idiot."

Namjoon closed his eyes tightly as he realized just how dumb his accusation was, "I'm sorry..."

"Don't worry about it..." You responded quietly.

You looked over and saw him obviously thinking "God you're such a dumb idiot..." and it made you smile a little. You approached him and pat his cheek to make him open his eyes, which he did, reluctantly.

"Just ask me calmly next time, don't worry about it this long." You kindly whispered to him with a soft smile.

"Alright." He nodded and smiled at you.

The two of you laughed after a while, laughed at how dumb you were. Really, you both were wrong, but he was WAY off compared to you. The two of you made fun of it and laughed together as you left the roof, heading to you lockers as your next hour together was about to begin.

AFTER SCHOOL