The Pond

How It All Came To Be...

The pond sounded nice to you, a quiet little stroll while the ducks and swans swam and quacked to an unknown beat. You walked over a nice stone bridge that was a nice grey stone that reminded you of castles. Weeping willows and orchids surrounded the pond, their leaves rustling in the soft breeze. Once at the center of the long bridge you stopped and leaned over the railing. The railing was also stone with small circular pillars holding it to the actual bridge. You leaned on the railing and just glanced around, observing nature at its best. A magnificent weeping willow was leaning half over the pond, it's long branches billowing in the wind, its leaves sweeping across the water's edge. Under that weeping willow was a bench, which was being occupied by a attractive man. Even though you could only see his side it was somehow apparent to you that he was going to be quite nice to look at. Wanting to see his face you leaned this way and that, trying to get an angle where you could see his face. A laptop balanced on his lap and he wore a light grey sweater some headphones in his ears. He moved the laptop to the side, onto the bench and he pulled the headphones out, stretching his arms and back, his face turning your way. You froze in the middle of leaning to the right and widened your eyes. You were right, he had a nice physique and an attractive face. His eyes were squinted closed but suddenly he froze in his stretching and opened them, looking at you.

"She's still looking at me?" He thought to himself, noticing you the moment you tried to see his face.

You kept staring, mesmerized by his almost golden skin.

"Yah! I can see you!" He chuckled and yelled up at you.

You jumped to his sudden shout and looked around, trying to find an escape from the awkward situation. The only thing you could think of is to duck behind the see through railing. He chuckled, still able to see you. He began slowly making his way to the bridge, his eyes glued to your scrunched up figure.

"I can still see you!" He laughed.

Hearing this you began waddling along the railing, trying to get out of his sight. He started to walk up the bridge, at first being quiet, but then stomping his feet a little. You jumped to the sound of footsteps and stood trying to hurry off the bridge. He laughed and ran after you, grabbing you by your wrist.

"Yah... why were you staring at me?" He asked.

You took in a deep breath, tilted your hat down over your eyes and turned, only being able to see his waist down.

"I was looking at the weeping willow." You lied.

"Ahhh the tree... well..." He smirked, "Let's get a closer look, huh?" He smiled and dragged you down to the water's edge where all of his things were set up.

You pulled against him in protest and he smiled to how weak your little tugs were.

"Damn it she's adorable and I can't even see her face..." He thought as he leaned down, trying to see your face.

Noticing this you tilted your head further down. He sighed, knowing that you were being a little shy. He sat you down and handed you his laptop. While you looked at the bright screen in wonder he nicked his finger on your hat, sending it up a little. You looked at him angrily because now he could see your whole face. His heart pounded at seeing your pretty eyes looking his way.

"Damn she's cute..." His inner voice was also in a panic.

"I saw your hat and assumed you like rap, that's a song I'm writing." He nervously pointed to the laptop.

You looked at it and read the lyrics, smiling to how inspirational they were.

"This is actually... pretty cool." You smiled to him and he almost died right then and there.

"Do you want me to rap it for you?" He asked quietly.

"That would be cool, sure." You nodded handing back the laptop.

(His Rap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTgm5Wa_eyo)

"And my friend Jungkook would sing the soothing part." He chuckled thinking of his hyper younger friend.

"It sounds cool." You smiled.

You needed to head home because it was about time for your mom to come home and she would be worried.

"I have to go, but thank you for the rap and everything." You stood and lightly backed away from him.

He stood, seeing you back toward the pond.

He stepped forward and you smiled, "I really need to go."

He stepped forward again and you took one last step back, before you slipped, heading for the murky water. You never made it in though, he caught you around the waist and held you from falling.

"That was close." He sighed, his heart pounding so hard.

Feeling the awkward tension he stepped back and let you go, letting you step away from him. Your cheeks were flushed and your heart was pounding against your rib cage.

"It was ummm... nice meeting you!" You bowed a little and rushed off, heading home.

"Nice meeting you too..." He mumbled to himself as he stared after your rapidly departing figure.

He sighed and ran a shaking hand through his hair. He kicked a branch and silently cursed at himself for screwing up. When in truth he had made you a little anxious and nervous to see him again.

GO HOME