Choir

How It All Came To Be...

 

You entered the large and open room, wondering what a class like this held. Your mother had signed you up for choir, hearing your constant humming around the house, she thought your voice was public worthy. You entered the room and saw many people you didn't know and they all looked to you suspiciously. Not really looking into their eyes you headed over to a far corner of the room, standing far from the chaos and loud murmurings of the strange people that would be your classmates. Many of them randomly broke out into song and you already felt out of place.

"What have I gotten into?" You closed your eyes and gave a strained sigh.

Suddenly someone was tugging on your sleeve silently. You looked to the source and smiled to the familiar face. He was silently looking at you with his regular poker face and you smiled, seeing his happiness in his eyes. Being friends with him for so long you learned that if you wanted to look for his emotions you needed to look into his eyes and see behind his strong wall.

Leo stood there with his thumb and index finger holding your sleeve gently, he was secretly thrilled and he knew you could see it. You were one of the rare people that could see past his rough facade and it made him glad someone could. It was lonely being misunderstood.

"Leo-ssi, are you good at singing?" You whispered to him over the loud voices.

He nodded and the corner of his lips twitched.

"Really?" You leaned in so just the two of you were in a private conversation.

"Yeah." He whispered.

"I know this might be uncomfortable for you but... could you sing me something?" You asked, hoping your friends shyness would escape for a moment.

He nodded and brought his lips by your ear. He began singing a lovely tune that you immediately recognized as a song you wrote when you were younger, but gave up on and gave to Leo because he pleaded so much.

"Leo-ah! I didn't know you actually kept that!" You smiled brightly and his eyes sparkled.

"I wrote some more, I'll show you sometime." He whispered.

"That would be great!" You smiled and noticed his lingering fingers on your sleeve.

Jimin walked into his next hour and immediately could tell it was going to be a work out. So many girls were in the room and there didn't seem to be one girl that didn't know who he was. He scanned the room for anyone he could grant a conversation when he saw a familiar figure. He saw you standing off in a corner with a guy that he recognized from his math class. He thought on it and remembered the boys name, Leo. Leo didn't take at all, even when the teacher called his name he had only stood and stared at the teacher for further instructions. Jimin immediately gave the guy respect because he was someone that wouldn't take crap from anyone and sometimes he wished he was like that. But when he saw Leo speaking with you he became immediately interested in your relationship.

Taking in a deep breath he started to head over to you two, hoping to make a pleasurable conversation. His breath hitched a little seeing you giggling with the other boy. He swallowed hard and went over to you two, hoping that the mornings events won't even cross your mind, but he was wrong.

As soon as Jimin approached you and Leo you thought of how you felt unwanted and how his friends didn't trust you. It caused you to look off in hopelessness.

"Hello." Jimin bowed to Leo, who nodded in return.

Jimin gave you a side glance and saw your unsure behavior. You clearly didn't know how to act around him and it hurt him a little. What else was he supposed to do to win your trust? What could he do to bring a smile to your face?

"Are you okay?" He asked, hoping to get an answer.

"I'm fine..." You looked off still.

"If it's about my friends..." At the word 'friends' your head snapped toward him and your eyes locked, "Ah... it is about them..." Jimin sighed.

Your cheeks pinked and you looked at Leo as he listened, silently observing Jimin, wondering what he was doing talking to you so casually.

"I talked to them about it, they said they are willing to get to know you first before making any quick judgments." He smiled hopefully.

You looked back to Jimin, "Really?"

Leo looked between your two and thought, "What is their relationship exactly?"

"Yep! After some rough words thrown back and forth they realized how much I care for you and are willing to talk to you for my sake." He smiled brightly, happy that the subject caught your interest.

You smiled at him and Leo's fingers pulled on you a little, his gaze shifted to the teacher entering the room. A thin man with soft looks walked into the room and smiled to everyone.

"Hello class, I am Mr. Baekhyun and I am your choir teacher. You are in my class, you follow my rules and listen to what I have to say. Okay?" He smiled and everyone nodded, mumbling several forms of agreement, "Great! Now today is just relaxing and I have talked to our art teacher, Mr. Chanyeol, and he will occasionally come in for accompaniment, so if you have him already, you will see him again!" Mr. Baekhyun's voice seemed to hit a happy note when speaking about Mr. Chanyeol.

The rest of the class was enjoyed with several choral songs and chatting as Mr. Baekhyun pulled out songs and things that we would sing. He observed everyone sternly and yelled at kids that took out their phones, disregarding his strict orders to keep them hidden.

Jimin, Leo, and you talked about what you expected from this class, well you speaking for Leo occasionally from the look in his eyes. Your relationship to Leo was described and Jimin was glad to meet yet another one of your friends. However Leo's reaction was un-hinting to the annoying fact that he still didn't know your relationship with Jimin, and he so desperately wanted to know.

NEXT DAY