Outside

How It All Came To Be...

You decided to try your chances with going outside. The sun beat on the pavement in a harsh way that made you search for an area of shade. You stood out in the open for a moment and saw one open chair. You made a B line for it and cautiously took the seat at the two person table. In the other seat was a handsome teenage boy who was absently drawing designs on the table with his finger while he sipped at his drink. The moment you sat down and gently set your things down he looked up at you in shock.

"I'm sorry... I should have asked..." You paused for a moment and looked off before looking at him apologetically, "Can I sit here?"

He chuckled to your awkward request and nodded, "The seats all yours."

"Thank you." You smiled and began drinking your cold drink.

You laid out two napkin's, placing one cookie on each. You looked up at the man sitting with you and jumped a little to see him staring at you with a soft smile. The smile he offered made your heart thump painfully against your chest. You felt your cheeks flush before you quickly looked down at the sugary desserts in embarrassment.

He placed his delicate chin in his palm and kept smiling at your cute face. The sun shone around you and just amazed him to how precious you looked in front if its harsh light. He had just met you, but he could picture a beautiful future with you that he wished to engage immediately.

You took in a deep breath and bravely slid one of your cookies across the table to him.

"Hmm?" He hummed in wonder.

"It's thanks... for the seat..." You mumbled nervously.

"No thanks necessary." He smiled repressing the urge to add the unmistakable "ma'am".

"Please... I insist." You looked into his eyes for the first time and felt something pass through you.

"Is this what love at first sight feels like?" You both thought in unison.

You both looked away nervously and glanced back out of the corner of your eyes. When your eyes met again you squeaked and turned away. You reached down and broke off a piece of your cookie, eating it tenderly. He copied your action and slowly began eating the cookie you gave him. As if not being able to withstand not talking to you he opened his mouth to say something. You noticed he was going to speak and you gave him your undivided attention with anticipation.

"W-Would you l-like to talk after this?" He asked nervously, silently cursing at himself for stuttering.

"Yes... I think I would." You responded, your cheeks so red a tomato would be jealous.

He smiled brightly and felt a small blush graze his cheeks as well.

"Well... then I should give you my number huh?" He chuckled.

"I think that would be best." You giggled, pulling out your phone.

You exchanged numbers and he smiled to your name as you smiled at his. He input his name in your phone as "Suga Yoongi ;)". The next hour was spent giving basic information to one another. Suddenly your conversation was interrupted when someone called out for him. You noticed that you needed to head home as well, but still glanced to the teen running up to Yoongi.

"Suga hyung!" The boy ran over and gave out a breath of relief, "Rap Mon hyung finished his song, he wants a meeting now."

"Jungkook ah..." Yoongi whined a little.

Noticing you for the first time the teen looked more than apologetic.

"I'm so sorry, if I had known-" He started, but you cut him off.

"I needed to leave anyway." You smiled to him, "Text me?" You asked Yoongi.

"You bet." He smiled and watched your retreating figure as you left the coffee shop with a small skip in your step.

"I wonder what this will turn into?" You both wondered in unison as you headed on your separate ways.

GO HOME