Dating Namjoon

How It All Came To Be...

You cautiously stood in front of a tall looming building, wondering why it was that THIS was where your boyfriend wanted to meet. You were intimidated with every fiber and molecule of your being. This place was LEGIT. Your phone rang and you absently picked it up without looking.

"Hello?"

"What are you doing standing out there, come on in, I'm at the front desk." Namjoon laughed.

Your cheeks heated to the fact that he caught you blankly standing there with your mouth slightly agape. You swallowed and hurried inside to meet him. Each step seemed to echo in a menacing manner. He held his arms open as you approached. You knew that this was his way of asking for a hello hug, which you gladly gave. To be within his arms in such a nerve wracking place made you calm and melt into his embrace.

He took in a deep breath, loving your smell, "I missed you."

You chuckled, "It's only been like 4 days."

"What? Are you saying you didn't miss me?" He pulled back with a smug look because he knew the answer to that was the exact opposite.

Four days... It was like a brutal torture that God just wanted to wrap you through to see how you'd do. Four days with barely any contact. You would fall asleep with your phone stuck to your hand. You would have his number sitting blankly on your screen, wondering if you should call or not. You had him running through your mind all day and night. You missed him with everything you had. But that wasn't something you wanted to admit to so easily. You didn't want him to think you were some silly weak girlfriend that couldn't go four days without him. Even though that's true...

"Well I knew I was going to see you someday, so the missing was minimal." You lied.

However for you, Namjoon knew just how you missed him almost just as much as he missed you, "Yeah right."

After that the date took a weird swing into him just showing you around the building. He was showing you the talent agency that recruited him. He was showing you what he did when he didn't have time to spend with you. Each music room, recording studio, dance room, and employment office molded into one and you felt like you were falling asleep. However in order for Namjoon not to know, you kept smiling and nodding, asking the occasional question that would peek his smile. 

"Hyung!" A familiar voice sounded out of breath down the hall.

You both turned and a smile spread on your lips, but not Namjoons, "Hm?"

"Oh! Noona!" Jimin smiled at you.

"How have you been?" You pulled him into a tight hug.

"I'm good! Just working on our music and stuff, you know, the usually manly work that guys do!" He straightened to seem more intimidating and you playfully punched his stomach.

"Dork."

He scratched the back of his head, "I know."

"What do you need Jimin?" Namjoon couldn't watch the two of you being so friendly anymore.

"Oh right, the guys wanted to know if you wanted to get dinner, but since you're with noona..." Jimin smiled at you, "Then we'll just wait for another time!"

"Why don't we all eat together?" You suggested.

It would be nice to see the rest of the attractive boy group. Namjoon thought otherwise.

"Ah I don't know... Maybe some other time." Namjoon gave Jimin a look that clearly said 'agree with me. Now.', but Jimin didn't catch the hint.

"I think the guys would love that!" Jimin smiled at you.

"Awesome, let's go." You nodded.

Namjoon just stood there, defeated. There was no way he was going to keep your friendly self away from his hungry and inappropriate friends. He sighed and followed behind you as you walked and talked to Jimin happily. The twinkle in your eyes made him wonder if you had an interest in Jimin? Did you think Jimin was easier to talk to? Did you think that Jimin was more handsome? Did you think that Jimin was better in any way? Namjoon was worried that the answer to all of those was 'yes'. 

"Come on slow poke!" You called back to him as you went into a room that clearly had the sound of the boys pounding out of the door. 

Namjoon only sighed again and followed in, looking at the dinner they had ordered. You took a seat and the boys immediately engaged in conversation, bringing up high school and summer and everything in between. You asked about their work, which they laughed and reminded you that you wouldn't be able to know anything. You sighed, but continued to shove noodles into your mouth with steady hands with chopsticks. Namjoon barely talked, but instead he shoveled his food in and without a word laid down and pretended to take a nap.

"What's wrong with him?" You pointed bulgogi stained chopsticks toward your boyfriend.

"We've all had it hard with the new schedule. It takes its toll." Yoongi nodded toward Jin, who had also curled up on the wooden floor.

You felt bad for being bored earlier. He didn't get much time off and so the moments that he got to show you around were precious and you got bored. You wanted to slap yourself. 

"Yeah it's also harder on Namjoon hyung." Jungkook shook his head.

"Why?" 

"Because he's been decided to be the leader." Jimin shrugged.

"Huh? He's the leader of the group?" You looked at him in admiration.

"Yeah, a goofy leader." Hoseok chuckled.

You watched as Taehyung curled up into Yoongi's lap and the latter just sighed.

"I think I should head home." You checked the time.

"I'll walk you out." Jimin smiled.

"Thanks," You smiled to the remaining three men, "It was nice seeing you again!" You headed to the door with Jimin before turning, "Please make sure he gets to bed, I don't want his back hurting in the morning." You smiled.

Namjoon smiled a little to the kindness you showed to him, even while he "slept". Jimin walked you out, gave you a warm hug goodbye and you were on your way home. You promised yourself to now love every second you were with Namjoon and the boys because you won't get many more of them.

The Conflicted Thoughts