By The Window

How It All Came To Be...

Not wanting to risk your life trying to awkwardly find a seat outside, you decided to settle on a seat inside. Your eyes landed on a nice two person table at the window, which in a hurry you occupied. You sat there for the longest hour of your life. You had gone through four cups of coffee, ignoring your mothers warning. As you sat there on your fifth cup someone took a seat across from you. You looked to the stranger in wonder. He settled himself in before looking out the window, not even acknowledging your presence. You kept looking at him in wonder, taking this moment to actually look at him. His light brown hair hung around his forehead perfectly. His slender arm led into a small hand that gripped a steaming cup of coffee. He pursed his lips a little, as if kissing the air. You tilted your head, looking at him curiously.

He set his cup of coffee down and suddenly felt someone's presence near him. He froze a little and quickly looked over to the other chair at the table. He jumped a little at seeing you, but his heart was soon soothed to the angelic look in your eyes. You giggled to his shocked reaction and he felt his heart beat uncontrollably.

"Hi." You smiled to the striking man sitting across from you.

"Hello." He nodded back, his lips showing a faint smile.

"I'm guessing you didn't notice me." You giggled.

"I'm sorry... I don't believe I did..." He spoke a little sadly.

"That's alright, I was just about to leave anyways." You smiled and downed the rest of your drink.

"IF!" He shouted a little while you stood, grabbing your attention.

"Huh?" You looked back at him.

"If you don't REALLY don't have to leave... would you..." He gulped, having a hard time saying these words, "Would you mind keeping me a little company?" He asked sheepishly.

You chuckled and smiled to him kindly, "I would love to."

You sat back down and began a pleasant conversation with this stranger. You learned that his name was Jin and he liked to sing and rap. He told you about his summer and school life, which shocked you, it was the same as yours. You both went to the same school, had the same classes next year, and both kept yourselves cooped up for the summer, only to be pushed out by your nagging mothers.

You both laughed to the odd similarities and felt a blossoming feeling grow in the depths of you hearts. You had begun to care for each other, deeply. You wondered if he was having the same mini heart attack that you were whenever you made eye contact. He wondered if you were having the same shiver every time he heard your sweet voice. The feelings were new and quite deep, was this true love?

You both left the coffee shop and continued down the street toward your house, continuing a conversation you both hoped wouldn't end. Once you reached your street you stopped walking, knowing how your mother would react to see a boy walk you home, and you didn't want to put him through that embarrassing fiasco.

"I loved meeting you Jin!" You smiled broadly.

"I would love to meet you again ______." He blushed and smiled to you sincerely.

Your cheeks flushed and you smiled to him, "Any time."

His features brightened and he nodded, pulling out his phone indicating that he wished for your number. You pulled out your phone and traded numbers with him.

"When will I see you again?" You asked, the street lamps lights turning on to the late night sky.

"How about tomorrow?" He asked.

"That would be great!" You smiled.

"Do you want to meet at the park?" He asked nervously.

"Anywhere is fine with me." You giggled to his nerves.

"Then at the park at let's say... three?" He asked.

"Perfect!"

"Great..." He cleared his throat quickly, "Then I'll see you tomorrow?"

"You bet, I wouldn't miss it for the world." You nodded happily.

His cheeks blushed deeply and he fiddled his thumbs.

"Well... Good night!" He nodded to you.

You took in a deep breath and rushed up to him, kissing his cheek tenderly. You pulled back and began skipping home. You turned after a moment and waved to him.

"Bye Jin~!" You skipped home with a light heart and a broad smile on your face.

Jin stood there, dumbstruck as he placed a hot hand to his burning cheek. He pinched himself a little, wondering if he was dreaming. He wasn't! It was a miracle! He laughed to himself and watched you skip into a yard and disappear into a house. His life was perfect in that moment. He slowly made his way home while an exciting butterfly danced in his stomach as he thought of tomorrow.

GO HOME