The Coffee Shop

How It All Came To Be...

The coffee shop sounded nice. The thought of having a nice soothing cup of coffee, to make your nerves from being out for the first time in forever less intimidating. The coffee shop had a variety of flowers planted and hanging around its entrance. The few tables that were outside for costumers were filled tightly. Which meant that they were busy. You opened the door and heard the delightful ding of the bell above the door. They must of just been packed outside, because there were quite a few spots open inside, but only a few. The one thing you loved about this particular coffee shop was that they had a bakery built in. Even as a child you would come here and buy at least a small cookie with your hot chocolate. The smell of the fresh baked treats invading your nose and threatening your growling stomach. You got in line for something to drink and was almost stepped on by several people hurrying to leave. While you stood in the somewhat long line your phone went off. You didn't even need to look at the caller ID to know that it would be your mother checking in on you and making sure you actually had left the house.

"Hi mom." You sighed.

"Did you finally leave the house?" Her smile was evident in her tone.

"Yeah, I came out to get some coffee." You took a step forward, getting closer to the front.

"That's good, don't drink too much, because if you do you might not fall asleep tonight." She joked.

"Har Har very funny mother." You chuckled a little.

"Hey, don't be sarcastic with me young lady!" She sighed.

"Love you mom." You took another step forward and only one person was in front of you.

"Love you too sweetheart."

"I have to go, I'm about to order." You mumbled.

"Alright, I'll see you at home!"

"Bye." You said quickly before hanging up and taking the final step to the front.

"How may I help you?" The woman at the cash register asked you.

"Can I have a chocolate mocha frappuccino?" You asked.

"Yes ma'am, that will be $6.50." She smiled.

You handed over a $20 and slowly got your change before being sent to wait. While you waited you went over and got two cookies from the bakery. Once your cookies were handed over your drink was done. You happily rushed over to it and took the first sip, your eyes almost rolling back into your head. The savory flavors were so good! Now where to sit.... There were a few unoccupied seats by the window or you could decide to head to outside and try and find an open seat.

OUTSIDE?

BY THE WINDOW?