Math

How It All Came To Be...

The clock ticked by in a slow manner that made the hour an eternity. Your eyes began feeling droopy as the monotone voice of your teacher started to send you to sleep. You jolted up and tried your best to look awake as your teacher's eyes drifted your way. Why were you so tired? For one you never liked this subject and for two you had stayed up till midnight learning a dance. Your muscles ached and couldn't stay awake to save your life.

Taehyung sat across from you and chuckled every time he saw your startled face to abruptly waking up. He was the class prankster and he saw so many openings to mess with you, but the truth was he had a major crush on you, so he didn't want to humiliate you in any way. He waited for your math teacher to turn around before reaching across the table and writing you a quick note on your open sketchbook page.

You jumped again when you saw someone's hand writing something on your page. You looked up and that it was Taehyung, that guy who you really liked. When you realized it was him you froze a little. He pulled his hand back and you got a glimpse of his nicely written greeting.

"Hey, it might just be me, but you should at least look awake, this teacher has her eyes glued to you." His delicate handwriting sent butterflies to your stomach.

You looked up at him and saw him wink funnily. You smiled a little and looked at his handwriting again. You looked across the table at his open notebook, a small urge pulsing through you. You looked to make sure the teacher wasn't looking while you reached over timidly and wrote him a quick response.

"Thank you! :) She doesn't seem to like me, does she?" You asked, hoping he would continue writing to you.

He looked to your note with a racing heart and smiled to its cautious scripture. He chuckled and noisily ripped a page from his book, ignoring the many stares directed at him. He happily wrote you back.

"That's better... To answer your question, I don't think she likes me either, if that helps any." He wrote on a single line and slid the note to you.

You giggled momentarily to his words, "Somewhat, but I find it hard to believe she doesn't like you, you're so nice and funny." You took a huge leap of faith and wrote those expressive words.

He smiled and when you sent it back, his smile faded as he read the note. His heart raced and his breath caught to your small compliment.

He quickly scribbled some compliments back and made you laugh. This odd way of communication continued until the bell rang. Before Taehyung could write another message, your friends pushed you out of the room.

Taehyung stared after you sadly as you left. There was only one hour left to the school day and he knew exactly where you walked to leave the grounds. It would be the same as last year. He wrote his final note to you and placed the folded paper in his pocket. He anxiously waited for the hour to end so he could see your sweet face again.

You sighed throughout your last hour, wondering what Taehyung was doing. Everyone in your last class were either on their phones or excitedly chatting with each other. You sat there and thought about Taehyung, butterflies shooting through you. Every time you thought of his face you had to suppress the urge to giggle.

The bell suddenly rang and you jumped, not paying attention to the time. You went to your locker and grabbed everything and met up with your friends at your usual waiting spot. Your small group of friends chatted and laughed with you, but the only thing on your mind was Taehyung.

Taehyung stood around the corner, his eyes glued to you. He gripped the note tightly and took a deep breath. He stepped out and rushed up to you. He bravely planted a soft kiss on your cheek and slipped the note in your hand.

You stood there, stunned. His soft lips had rested on you cheek and given your heart a racing start. Your friends gasped as he slid a note into your hand and pulled away. He jogged off and you stood there, staring after him.

You looked down t the note pressed tenderly in you palm and saw your handwriting on its edges. It's your note from earlier! Your friends questioned you as you opened the note in a hurry. They were saying things like, ""Who was that?", "Wasn't that the cute class clown?", "Are you dating him?", and "What does the note say?"

You nudged them away and looked at the crisp new inked in response. Your breath caught in your throat as you read the incredible words.

"Will you go to the movies with me? I kinda want to be more than friends, even though we aren't even that. If I didn't kiss your cheek just now then... You know what I was going to do. Haha... This is awkward... Here's my #. Text me! :) 555-867-5309."

Your heart race and you pulled out your phone as your smiled like a fool. That note was the beginning of something new.

NEXT DAY