Run Jin

How It All Came To Be...

The look in your eyes struck his heart like an archer had his heart on target for a long time. He felt lost and like he had just lost one of the most precious things to him in a long time. He wanted nothing more than to hold you close and let you know that everything would be alright and that he was there now and he was never going to leave you, no matter how far away he was from you. He wanted to say all these things but nothing came out of his slightly quivering lips. 

Instead all he could bring force to say was "I missed you."

Your heart hurt. You loved his words and hated them all at the same time. He missed you? You missed him too! But had you heard from him at all? No. You hadn't. You had gone months not knowing if he was still there for you, not knowing if he still cared. This life was cruel and made you hurt in ways you never thought possible. But the words he didn't want to say most left your lips.

"I missed you too."

You didn't want him to hear the pain in your voice, you wanted him to think that everything was fine without him. That YOU were fine without him. He grabbed your hand in his gently and calmly. Something about the way his hand was shaking made you worry. Was he struggling with something? Was he trying to tell you something that scared him?

No... Jin was scared that whatever was happening here was going to be the end of something between the two of you. He was scared that you were going to be done with him in such a quick drop of the hat.

"Hey... I'm sorry.... I never called or texted or came to see you. Damn it was my plan to help you move in but I was too late. When I made it to your house you were already gone." He confessed, "I waited outside your house all day. I waited for someone to come home, but when the moon was up and it was late at night your mother and sister came back without you. I knew I had screwed up. I knew I had missed something super important that I could never get back." He turned and placed a hand on the side of your face, smoothing your hair away from your glistening eyes, "I'm so sorry..." He looked ready to cry. 

The fear of losing you was so scary for him that he was ready to confess his deepest emotions to keep you. Jin loved you to the point that he'd do whatever it took to make you happy. You could see the fear in Jin's eyes and the desperation to make you happy. Jin wanted nothing more than to make you the happiest person in the world and he realized that if that meant he was not in the picture, even though he never wanted to leave your side, he would go. 

You grabbed his hand and held it close in your hands, hoping that he would be able to feel how happy you were that he was there and saying the things that he was. You missed him. You missed his touch, his feel, his scent, his aura. Jin was the man that was keeping your heart together when everything else threatened to tear it apart. 

"Jin..." You mumbled and you could see the defeat in his eyes. He thought you were ending it right here and now, "Can you trust me?" He looked at you confused as you hugged him close, "Hold me tight and let me hold this moment close to my heart. I want to be there for you right now just as you have been for me. I thought about you all the time. I worried about you and whether you were getting enough to eat and if you were getting enough time to sleep."

His heart swelled. You were actually worried about him when he didn't deserve such kindness and love from you. He wrapped his arms around you and held you in his arms as tight as he possibly could. He never wanted to let go because if he did now he might lose this moment and he wants every moment with you to be engraved into his brain. 

"My little cupcake." He kissed your forehead, "I'm never going to do this again. I'm going to try my hardest to contact you and prove to you that I care, prove to you that I'm there for you because I care about you more than myself or anyone around me."

You looked up at him while your chin touched his chest, looking at all his beauty and wonder, "Jin..."

"Hm?" He hummed in content as he closed his eyes, happy just to hold you close.

"Can I... ummm..." You fumbled with the words.

He peeked an eye at you, "What is it my love?"

"Can I get a ummmm..." You blushed furiously.

As if knowing what you meant he chuckled and leaned down, kissing you feverishly and gently with the most grace he had. He smoothed out your hair and cupped your face close to his. He cared about you so much he wondered if this love would last forever because he knew he would love you until his last breath. 

THIS COLLEGE