Where Are You?

How It All Came To Be...

You stood outside your house with your bag strapped over your shoulder, the weight of your life heavy on your back. You looked over at your mothers car and sighed. All the boxes and bags that were filled with your memories and items that compiled your dreams were crammed in the back of her Kia Sorento. You checked the time on your phone and glanced around a little frantically. 

Maybe he didn't get my text...?

This was the day you were leaving for college officially. You were leaving for the next city over to go to a college that your mother had always dreamed of getting accepted to. Mina pat your shoulder.

"Unnie... We need to go... I don't think he's coming..." She gave you a sad look.

You looked at her, a little hurt, but all the same you smiled, "Okay... Let's go." With one last glance down the road you sighed and turned to leave.

Your mother smiled at you sadly before helping you get into the car. Once you were buckled in and pulling out of the driveway you gave a sad farewell wave to your house. You'd see it during break and holidays, but otherwise your new home was a tall tan and black modern building with hundreds of other students. You sighed and checked your phone one last time before slipping some ear buds in and curling up into your seat, drifting to sleep. 

EARLIER THAT DAY....

"WAKE UPPP!!!" Your sister screeched into your ear at painfully high frequencies. 

"I'm up!" You bolted out of bed like a blind bat from hell.

Mina chuckled and backed away from your startled mess of a body, "We are leaving in two hours." 

As if it was an automatic morning routine you texted him, only this time it was sad and demanding. 

Hey... So I'm leaving in 2 hours to go to college. I don't know if you're busy or sleeping but if you get a chance I'd like to say bye. I'm gonna miss you. Talk with you soon.

As you got ready you glanced at your phone every once in a while and waited for that reply. You waited for him to tell you he was on his way and to say he was going to see you before you left. Soon there was no time left and you were standing outside still waiting for him or a reply. A reply that you knew deep down wouldn't come. 

His P.O.V

He raised his arms high, stretching and popping his muscles and back. Dance practice last night was long... TOO LONG. But he didn't complain... out loud. He rolled over in bed, letting his body relax but not enough to fall back asleep. Instead he pulled out his phone, going through all of his notifications. He had about 30 twitter texts to look through and laugh about before he went through his app updates. Once he completed the next level on some of his video games he finally got to going through his 10+ text messages from his friends. Most of the messages were his bandmates complaining about practice and how sore they were and asking if he wanted to go out today to get ice cream and lunch. He smiled and told them he was in. The last message he got to was yours. When he saw that you texted him he smiled, something about seeing the little circled 1 next to your name made him extremely happy. He knew that even though you knew he couldn't text you back that you still made an effort to text him. Unfortunately his smile dropped once he read the content of the text. He bolted up in bed and hurried to get some pants on and grab all his things to go. After he found himsdelf running to your house he didn't even think of checking the time the message was sent and what time it was now. While he crossed through the park to your house he pulled out his phone and saw that the message was sent exactly 2 hours before. That boosted his energy even more, it made him burst forth a little stronger. 

He fell to his knees when he saw the car gone, the house locked up and no one coming to the ringing of the doorbell. He was too late. Tears stung at his eyes. He wasn't one to cry, but you were so important to him that he couldn't hold in his sadness for you going and his anger at himself for not making it in time. He wrapped his arms around himself and wished that they were wrapping around you instead. He was so busy that he hadn't seen you in three weeks. He knew you were devestated. He knew you missed him and that you wanted to see him. He knew he ed up. Instead of going to see you when he had free time he spent it sleeping or playing video games. You were left home alone while he went out and had fun. He grabbed his unruly hair in fistfulls. Why didn't he text you? Why hadn't he found out when you were leaving so he could've said bye? Why hadn't he been the boyfriend you deserved? He curled up on your driveway, blaming himself for being a horrible boyfriend.

COLLEGE DAYS