Astronomy

How It All Came To Be...

You headed to your new class.

"Astronomy? Really mom?" You started to silently question what your mother wanted from you.

You knew practically nothing about the stars and going into this class with people you didn't know, wasn't going to make you feel any smarter. You walked in and immediately groaned out to all the younger students in the room. It had become almost a habit to want to stay away from younger student's, they weren't as kind as their earlier generations. You took the window seat, somewhere far from the freshman and sophomores, somewhere where you could relax without their idiotic conversations in your ear. You looked outside, observing the natural habitat of the school grounds. Student's ran around for gym and teachers relaxed in the shade, watching said student's.

Yoongi walked into his next hour and made an almost completely disgusted face. This class was FULL of freshman and sophomore student's, most of them girls. God he hated the younger ones, their squealing and demanding of his presence silently pissed him off to no end. His eyes traveled to an open seat and his looked to the girl sitting in the seat next to it. He noticed the seat was next to the window and saw that it was as far from the annoying student's as possible.

"Smart girl..." He headed over to join her when he paused and widened his eyes.

It was you! You were sitting in his next hour! You were sitting by the window! You were the one ignoring the younger banter!

"MY smart girl..." He thought to himself, mentally knowing to keep that "MY" to himself.

He smirked to himself a little before walking over and softly plopping himself down next to you. He observed you for a moment, taking in all that is YOU. Even though he's done it several times, he is liking the different backgrounds and outfits you are in each time.

You suddenly felt someone sit next to you and you hesitated to look over. You were silently begging to god that it wasn't one of those annoying younger kids. After taking in several deep breaths and working up all of your courage, you turned curiously. Your eyes widened and all you could do was stare at him in wonder.

"Huh?" He questioned your prolonged staring, "Is there something on my face?" He touched his cheeks and lips, pulling his hands away to check for dirt.

"No, it's just..." You kept staring at him, trying to clear your thoughts in order to speak, "... I didn't expect to have this class with you." You spoke truthfully, finally untying your tongue.

"It honestly surprised me too." He chuckled, "I thought I was dreaming when I saw you sitting over here."

You smiled, "I can assure you your not dreaming." You reached up and poked his cheek as if to assure the truth.

He laughed and patted your head, "Neither of us are."

You both laughed and just enjoyed sitting next to each other, until an bothersome voice popped over Yoongi's shoulder. You both turned to look at the girl who just interrupted your conversation.

She seemed like a very cliché "trying too hard to be popular" girl with too much make-up, too much jewelry, and WAY too much cleavage. You almost scoffed out loud to how hard she was trying. She was bending at the waist slightly, making her laced bra clearly visible. Her freshly manicured nails glittered harshly under the afternoon light that streamed through the windows. She gave you a harsh look before turning to Yoongi with bright and hopeful eyes.

Yoongi's eyes however never left her overly drawn on eyes. He was slightly disgusted at their unreal look, it made her look more of a doll than a real human with real feelings.

"Yoongi-ssi~!" She sang in an overly high voice.

Her lip glossed lips were extra plump as she pouted out his name.

"Do I... Know you?" He asked.

"No, but you could." She smirked.

"What year are you?" You asked in curiosity.

"Freshman, what are you?" She asked in an annoyed tone that immediately made you hate her.

"Senior." You growled back.

Her eyes widened as she heard your answer, but she quickly shook it off, "I see, then you're in the same grade as Yoongi-ah~!" She sang and shifted her gaze back to him.

"Everything is not about him..." Your inner voice hissed.

"Aish..." You rolled your eyes and looked out the window, observing a blue bird flying around happily, "At least something is happy right now."

Yoongi stood from his chair, facing her directly and she clearly didn't catch onto his angry vibe. She grabbed his arm and smiled brightly, thinking he was standing to leave his spot to be with her. He pushed her off his arm and pulled back so she wouldn't grab it again. All the conversations in the room had ceased and were now listening and watching Yoongi.

"Yah! Don't you know to respect your seniors? When she talks to you answer nicely, not like she's your enemy. This is your first time meeting." He hissed and placed a protective hand on your shoulder, "I do not take lightly to people being mean to her."

Everyone in the room did an audible "Ooh!" and you felt your cheeks heat.

"Is she your girlfriend oppa?" A girl at the back of the room asked in a hurry.

"Not yet." He turned to her.

"Yet!" Several people shouted and started whispering and hushed conversations as they glanced at you.

"Yoongi-ah, sit down, class is starting." You tugged on his sleeve, really just wanting to be out of the spotlight.

"Ah yes." He smiled to you and sat down as the teacher walked in.

The girl from before stood there, dumbstruck and out of place.

"Please sit down." The teacher asked with a deer like face.

The girl shook and came to her senses before hurrying back to her seat.

"My name is Mr. LuHan, I am your Astronomy teacher."

Your attractive teacher smiled and it even made your stomach flip a little, "I have your first assignment!"

Many audible groans echoed through the room. Mr. LuHan laughed and placed a ring of flowers in front of each desk. Each desk had two seats and you both got pink and yellow flowers. You both curiously stared at the flowers before looking back to your teacher in question. Mr. LuHan began explaining about how everything in the universe was made from stars, even humans, and even the flowers sitting before you. After the explanation Mr. LuHan gave everyone the rest of the hour to put the flowers on and goof off.

You picked up the flowers and Yoongi smiled, thinking you were going to place it on your head to look cute. Suddenly you giggled and reached forward, placing them on his head. He looked up and then looked down slightly and gave a pained look. You laughed and he smiled to your mirth.

"I thought you would look cuter in them." You giggled.

"How do I look?" He tilted his head and gave a peace sign.

"Adorable!" You laughed, covering your mouth with the back of your hand.

He couldn't remove that smile from his face all day because of how you cute you were. Even when Namjoon and Hoseok hit him and told him to stop smiling because it was weird, he continued. He couldn't believe he was falling for you so fast. He was falling for you like a leaf off a tree. Within in moments he would land on the ground that is your heart and there he will stay.

NEXT DAY