WHY ME?

Diary of a Fan Girl (can you believe it? WE FELL IN LOVE?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

07-16-12

26th day in Seoul.

When there’s something you really want, fight for it. Don’t give up no matter how hopeless it seem. The tie that binds us is sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the tie should be broken. Some bonds defy distance, time and logic because ties are simply meant to be.

I went home so late awhile ago or should I say, I went home so early for today? It’s been exactly 5 hours since I slept and now, my lovely alarm clock is already waking my sleepy for I still have work. I wasn’t able to sleep well because Railey and Daryl kidnapped my 2 teddy bears and put it in their bedrooms (they didn’t even asked for my permission though they left a note telling me that, those bears will only make me sick and sad). I’m still lucky that they left one here inside my room.  Yesterday was the crappiest day of my life, and I don’t know what will this day be like.

*you’re my h-h-h-h-h-heartbreaker,naega mwoljalmotaenneunji. You're my heart heart heart heart heart breaker no way no way*

What the! I really have to change my ringtone. Seriously, upon hearing G-dragon’s hearbreaker song, I feel like I’m going to attempt suicide. Who will call me this early?

“Hello?” I answered with my hoarse voice.

“Hey baby girl” when I heard the word baby girl, I sat up straight and my heart is pumping at its best.

“_________? It’s dad…_________? Hello?” oh shoot me! It was my dad and I didn’t even recognize his voice. What kind of daughter am I?

“Hey dad! What’s up?” I forced myself to sound cheerful.

“Baby girl…are you okay? Why is your voice like that?” he asked with curiosity.

“uhmm…I’m just tired dad…I guess my body is not cooperating so well these days” I reasoned out.

“So..how’s my baby girl?” he asked and I don’t know what to answer.

“Dad….can you not call me baby girl? Please?” I said with my oh-I’m-sick-of-it tone.

“”Why? I’ve been calling you baby girl ever since you were a  little kid…and now you’re hating it?” he sound a little disappointed. If you only knew dad, you’re not the only one who calls me that.

“it’s not that..dad…please don’t misunderstand?” I apologized and I’m really feeling guilty for it.

“OK…let’s forget about it…well…I called because I miss you already and I haven’t talked to you for almost a week” he said and I feel so touched.

“I miss you too” I said sweetly.

“So…how’s work? Can you update me about your life there?” he said and I just rolled my eyes because I’m not really in the mood to talk about my life here in Korea especially now.

“Well…I’m enjoying my job…the magazine will be launched by next month..hopefully…and in terms of me staying here? I’m all cool with it…starting to adapt the culture…I can say hello in Korean as well” I said and he chuckled.

“It’s so good to hear that you are fine… I miss you” he said sweetly and I can’t help but cry.

“Dad…please don’t be too mushy? Anyway…where’s mum? The house is a bit quiet” I asked.

“Mum is still like you…she’s working day and night….actually she’s not here” he answered and I smiled.

“Nothing’s changed…I really got my working genes from her…what time will she be back? I will call her up later…you know…she might get jealous of you” I said and dad giggled.

“She’s gonna be out for 2 weeks honey…she went to France for a business trip” he said and I felt sad all of a sudden.

“That means you’re all alone in your big house again…how about her dog is it with her?” I asked.

“The dog’s with me as well as your two babies…and I’m telling you…I hate being a dog sitter” he joked and I laughed. (I left my 2 dogs with my parents because I can’t bring them here in Korea)

“I can’t imagine it…I mean you hate pets and now they’re all you have…Wow dad! Congratulations!” I joked and he hissed. (He’s not a pet lover, I actually cried a lot of tears just for him to buy me a dog when I was young).

“Did you know that mum is telling me that you’ve got a boyfriend there? She showed me pictures of you and the guy as well” he said all of a sudden and my nerves just shoot up.

“What? How did mum saw those pictures?” I asked him.

“Her friends’ daughter sent it to her....and are you being rumored there?” he asked curiously.

OK. So my parents knew about the rumors, they also saw the pictures that were stolen from me. Gosh! Now, I have to explain everything to them because I know so well that they will not stop bugging me.

“Dad…that’s nothing…that guy is a popular singer under YG entertainment and I happen to do work with him…and…we’re a little close…but that’s it…nothing more” I said and he seemed convinced.

“OK…I’m gonna believe you…but…you have to tell me the truth..SOON…I know there’s more than friendship” he said in a fatherly way.

“Dad…I really have to go…I’m gonna be late for work…bye” I didn’t even wait for him to say his goodbye. I just want to stop him from his “men talk”.

The girls are already in the office so I

Please log in to read the full chapter