dad 101 (day 1)

Diary of a Fan Girl (can you believe it? WE FELL IN LOVE?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

                                           

 

So this is reality, huh? I didn’t know that being a father can be this challenging. Isabella and Gabriella cried non-stop last night and they’re like in a duet with two different pitches and tones. I actually recorded it for my wife to hear. Good thing, they got tired and are now sleeping beside me.

I can’t believe that I’m left alone with our two kids, at first I was really confident that I can do it because whenever I see my wife do her thing it looks easy for me but I guess I’m wrong coz it’s more than feeding and entertaining them. I am really tired and my body just wants to rest and my brain already has shut down.

“WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!”

OMO! Is my day really going to start with my daughter’s loud cries? AISH! I haven’t had enough sleep and I’m too lazy to even open my eyes.

“Baby girl” I scooped her up and cradled her in my arms.

This is a great arm workout, I’m telling you, my muscles are becoming firm and I’m not the only one to notice it, the members and even Hwangssabu- hyung told me that. According to the doctor, Gabriella weighs like a five month old baby already although she’s just three months old, all I know is, she eats all the time and maybe my wife’s milk made wonders for her.

“Are you hungry? Oohhh…you hungry? Yes?” I asked my daughter as if she’s going to answer me.

There are times that I’ll end up laughing after talking to Gabriella, I know that she can’t understand anything yet but whenever I look into her eyes, I feel like she knows what I’m talking about.

I am thankful to my wife coz she wrote all the things that I have to do, she wrote it in a way that I can really understand. So now, I have to bring Gabriella out to the balcony for some sun. This is their usual routine and this will last for fifteen minutes. How I wish I can smoke while waiting for fifteen minutes.

After fifteen minutes, I brought her in and feed her. Making milk is really easy and that’s my favorite thing to do, of course, who would want to change diapers, right?

“Dad!” Isabella came out running from the room.

“Hey baby girl…good morning!” I greeted her and she joined me on the couch.

“Where’s my mum?” she asked.

“Baby…mum will not be here for three days…she’s working” I answered and she gave out a pout.

“Do you want to have breakfast now?” I asked.

“No” she answered and shook her head.

“Baby…do you wanna call mum?” I asked again and her face lit up with excitement.

“Yes!” she answered and I immediately got my phone and dialed my wife’s number.

AISH! Why is she not answering? I know that the seminar will start by 8am but it’s just 7:30 so obviously, she’s not yet in the seminar.

“Hello?” ________ finally answered.

“Hey babe!” I greeted.

“Babe! Good Morning! How are you and the kids?” she asked.

“They’re doing good…I survived the night” I answered and she laughed.

“Sorry babe…I know that it’s really hard to take care of them…is Dami-unni already there?” she asked and I sighed.

Well, my sister called last night just to say that she can’t come today because she’s really busy with her business, good thing Omma volunteered to take care of Gabriella today while I’m at work and as for Isabella, I can take her to work.

“She’s gonna be here tomorrow…she can’t come today coz she’s busy with the boutique but don’t worry…Omma will be watching over Gabriella and I’m going to watch Isabella” I answered.

“You know what babe? I already want to go home…I miss you guys already and I really don’t want to bother Omma and Dami-unni” she said.

“Babe…you’re already there…finish it…the magazine needs that seminar right? Don’t worry about us because I can still manage them” I said.

“But babe…from the sound of your voice I can tell that you haven’t slept well…your voice is really hoarse…how will you be able to sing live later?” she asked and I chuckled.

That’s true, my voice is a bit hoarse and we have a performance later. I don’t know how to pull it off but I really think that I’m gonna be OK.

“Don’t worry about me…I can do something about it…wait…I’ll put you on speaker so that you’re babies will hear you” I switched it to speaker phone and the moment Isabella heard her mum’s voice, she became energetic already.

“Mum! My mum!” she shouted.

“Hey baby girl! Good Morning! How are you?” _________ asked.

“I cried because of a monster” she said with a sad tone that made me giggle.

“awww…baby….monsters are not true…OK?” my wife said.

“But they’re scary” Isabella said and I heard my wife giggle.

“Gosh! I already miss you! What will I do Kwon Jiyong?” my wife said and I laughed at her cuteness.

“We miss you too babe…what you have to do is finish the seminar and come back to us real soon” I answered.

“Baby girl…are you taking care of your sister?” ________ asked.

“Dad always carry her and feed her and change her diaper and play” Isabella answered and I kissed her forehead.

“Babe…where’s Gabriella by the way?” my wife asked.

“She’s here…sleeping…she can already empty a half bottle babe...I’m not joking” I said.

“Really?” she asked and I laughed.

Gabriella eats a lot and she is really getting bigger and bigger everyday, what shocked me today is that she can already drink half bottle of milk and it’s a lot for a baby.

“Oh gosh! I need to go now…it’s already 8am” ________ said and I suddenly felt sad.

“OK babe…Take care…I love you…call us later” I said.

“Bye babe…Baby girl? Listen to dad OK? I love you both…I miss you so much…kiss Gabriella for me…bye…Love you!” she said then hanged up.

So I’m back to being alone again. How I wish I could talk to her longer and maybe ask her what to do and how to do things. This day is really going to be long and tiring not to mention, it’s really packed and hectic.

I managed to cook breakfast for Isabella and I while Gabriella is in deep slumber. One thing that I learned from Omma is that, when the baby is sleeping, that’s your cue to do the chores around the house and the things that you have to do, and she’s right. I was able to cook breakfast, eat and even smoke.

“Dad...I want to watch” Isabella came to the balcony while I was smoking.

Truth is, Isabella doesn’t know that I’m smoking and she knows so well that smoking is bad for the health. My wife is really strict about me smoking inside the house for she doesn’t want our kids to see me and they might think that it’s OK to smoke and the list goes on. But now that I’m busted, I’m really up to some serious explanation.

“Dad! That’s bad!” Isabella said while poi

Please log in to read the full chapter