PRESS CONFERENCE.

Diary of a Fan Girl (can you believe it? WE FELL IN LOVE?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

My nerves are already shooting up to the high heavens right now. My palms all sweaty but my body feels cold. I’m still inside my office but I feel like there are cameras watching me already. Oh my! This can’t be! I have to focus and just be natural. But, I can’t.

“Sis! President YG wants to meet us for a while…we’ll go there in a minute” Railey peeked through my door and I just gave her a nod.

I stood up from my seat and looked at myself in the mirror. I do look fine but I can see nervousness in my face. Oh c’mon! _________! You’re good in hiding what you feel, don’t let those press people see you so uneasy, and you can’t be like this! What if they ask you a question (which will really happen) and you just stared at them because you’re dead nervous, that even if you know the answer you just can’t voice it out?

“Sis! You ready?” Railey came in my room and I didn’t even notice her.

“I am…are we going now?” I took a deep breath and walked out of my office.

Walking to President YG’s office really feels a bit odd. A staff told us that the whole room events hall is already filled with the press, YG artists will also be there to give support. Upon hearing that, I am so ready to run away and just go home.

“Girls! Wow! You all look beautiful” President YG greeted us.

“Thank you sir” I speak up in behalf of the girls as we settled on the couch.

“I called you here to orient you a little…you all know that this press conference is really important” he started.

“I know that it’s been tough for you girls these past few weeks, and I’ve seen you work for almost 20 hours every day…and I just want to tell you guys that I appreciate everything” he said warmly and I can feel his sincerity.

“Oh sir…that’s nothing…after all…it’s our job and we should give it our best shot” Railey answered him and he smiled.

“Well…I’m happy that you are giving the best…as for the press conference…we’ll start in a few minutes…and I’ve heard that this is your first time to attend such kind of event though your company has been through a lot of press conferences before…I know this is the first time that the three of you will be the ones standing on stage” he told us and we all nod in agreement.

That is true, we’ve been to a lot of press conferences before but this is the first time that we will face the press and answer their questions and basically promote the magazine to the masses (I maybe a good writer, but I know so well that I will never ever be a good talker and I’m not that confident with myself specially when there are cameras and people around).

“The press will ask you basic questions…like…how were you picked…how did you get your positions…what else?...how was it working with YG…those things…well…they can be a little personal at times but if you’re not comfortable to answer them, don’t” he explained much further and I can sense that he is telling it directly to me.

“OK sir…got it!” Daryl said in agreement while my mind is getting juiced up.

“Just be natural…say what you want to say…it’s better if you show them your personalities…you have great ones and I think people should see it” he said lastly.

We head to the events hall together with President YG and Jinu. Railey and I are walking together while Daryl went to the restroom. The walk to the events hall feels like the longest walk that I’ve ever had in my entire life. I’m still finding the courage and right motivation but I guess my mind and body just won’t unite.

The moment we entered the room, camera flashes greeted us. I’m used to all these picture taking and shoots and all but this is by far the most annoying thing ever! I don’t know how celebrities handle all these flashes, photographers just don’t care if you get your eyes hurt because their freakin cameras are in front of your face. Although I’m annoyed, I can’t show it to them so I just gave out my best smile and walk towards the side of the stage. My eyes are still adjusting after all those flashes for all I can is white and my vision is a bit blurry.

“Oh my…sis…I think I wanna faint” Railey said all of sudden and I just looked at her in shock.

Well, Daryl is the most confident out of the three of us, but Railey is not a nerve freak and this is the first time that I saw her sweat because of nervousness. As for me, I’m always the weakest one, they know so well that I’m not into these kind of things.

“So…this is it girls…we have to give them our best” Daryl said as if she’s been doing this all her life.

“I don’t know…I’m quite nervous” I told her and she pats my back.

“I am as well…I don’t know…but my heart is really on my throat right now” Raiely said which made me and Daryl giggle.

Seriously, this is the most challenging thing that we’ve ever did. We’re used with

Please log in to read the full chapter