B#5 | Make A Wish, Rich B*tch | EllisKambook

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
ZsQDyX7.jpg?1
 

--❏ Steph's Bookclub Reviewshop ❒--

 
poster

Title

Author

Characters

Category

Genre

Status

Make A Wish, Rich B*tch

EllisKambook

Krystal, Luhan, and appearances from EXO/BTS/GOT7

BxG

Romance, Comedy, Fantasy

Completed (37 Chpt)

Description

Krystal is a rich, spoiled brat living in the most famous zipcode around: 90210. Upon her trip from South Korea she is gifted a necklace from her grandmother, which happens to be necklace that contains a Genie named Luhan. Luhan has to stay on Earth until his "master" Krystal has to make her 3 wishes. During the duration of his stay, the two find out more about themselves through each other causing them to rethink there choices of the past, the present, and possibly the future.

 
 

Title


I like this title… it’s out there and pretty spunky and based on the summary, it seems to fit with the story.

Descr.&Forew.


Woah, this is quite detailed! I appreciate the small dialogue in the middle that references the title. It’s a nice springboard to the story and it gives an idea of the initial dynamic between the main characters. Also, I like the little profiles that the characters have by the summary, quotes, and note. Additionally, the summary gives the basic structure of the plot, which is always nice^^

Graphics


I really like this poster graphic^^ It’s quirky and fun and the splash of colors makes the story seem exciting. Also, the nice subtitle phrase makes a reappearance. Whoever did your poster graphics knew what they were doing; it was nice editing ^^

Char. Dev.


I don’t really feel as if the characters changed too much throughout this story, but it was alright because it seemed as if that was part of the charm of the characters. It was as if they could be themselves, yet love those traits about each other, so it worked out well enough.

 

Appearance


Nice chapter beginning formats. The font is neat and easy to read.

SBC

Orgin.&Plot


This plot is fairly original. I’ve seen genie stories around before, but I haven’t really read any, so the story was fresh for me. I also liked that Krystal kind of kept her kind-ish, y aura. It was good to see her past play into who she was now as well.

 

Flow


This flow was decent. In the ending, however, I felt as if the plot sped things up in order to finish things quickly. I’m mainly talking about the part where Krystal is regaining her memories of Luhan. But the story flow was good enough to keep me interested.

Writing


The writing was pretty good, especially since English is not your first language, if I read your author’s note correctly. Your writing and sentence structure do not sound choppy at all. I just had one complaint about the story structure that I mentioned in the flow. The memory flashes come back too suddenly for Krystal, and it seems rushed. There’s a little deux ex machina vibe going on. The same can be said about their kiss following her returning memories. I liked how it wasn’t a “remember him after I kiss him” type scene, but I wish ;) that the scene could have been pushed forward to a later time. Also, the time skip was quite convenient, and I know it was probably done to speed up to the end of the story since you already had 5 epilogues, but I was hoping for maybe a little more extrapolation on the completion of the memory regaining platform. Overall, though, the writing quality was fairly good.

Gramm.&Spel.


There were quite a few errors here and there, but they didn’t take away from my flow or understanding of the story. I also found one or two misused or mistyped phrases, such as “gecko” used in the place of “get go,” I don’t remember exactly which chapter this was in, but you definitely want to fix that^^ But mostly, this was pretty good. I applaud you for writing with better grammar and spelling than some native speakers on this internet sometimes do!

Gen.Enjoym.


This story was pretty enjoyable once I got into the first few chapters. It was a new twist for me, and I’m glad that while it kept things sweet, y, and fun, not all the situations were cliche or turned out how I thought they would. Overall, this story made me feel good, and the main key to stories, especially fanfics, since the main purpose of them is to induce or connect to common feelings among the audience of readers, is to make people feel good and get to their emotions. With this story, you gave me a nice balance of the fun, sarcastic, caring, y, awkward, and humorous sides of the characters and relationships in the story. Good job!

 
 
 

Title : 10/10

Description & Foreword: 10/10

Graphics: 10/10

Character Development: 9/10

Appearance : 10/10

Originality & Plot: 10/10

Flow: 8/10

Writing: 9/10

Grammar & Spelling: 8/10

General Enjoyment: 9/10

93 / 100

 
© writerFairy Layouts 2015