B#3 | Beauteaous ⎜thereforyou

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
  • HOME
  • STAFF
  • FORM
  • ARCHIVE
  • BATCH 3
  • BATCH 4
  • HIRING
BTS2

Beauteous

thereforyou

YMH

73


      /100

thereforyou

INFO

C (One-Shot)

Kim Taehyung, Jung Hoseok, Baek Sumin

romance, drama, angst

B*G

SUMMARY

L.O.V.E It isn't perfect. It isn't a fairytale or a storybook & It doesn't always come easy. Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, holding on and never letting go.It is a short word, easy to spell, difficult to define and impossible to live without. Love is work, but most of all, love is realizing that every second, every minute and every hour of it was worth it. But was it?

yaminohime

29/09/2014

SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
 

TITLE

The title is eye-catching and poetic. It’s my first time to hear that word, actually.

10

DESCRIPTION / FOREWORD

The description and foreword are enticing and beautiful. After reading it, I really looked forward to start reading chapter one. Although I suggest removing the characters in the foreword.

8

 

GRAPHICS

The poster and layout is beautiful – it truly suits the title.

9

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

The characters are too cliché and I’m confused who is Sazzy. I think it’s better if she didn’t put the characters in the foreword. And I think it’s too impossible for a man who loves a woman to suddenly hurt her after the death of his brother.

6

 

APPEARANCE

I love the appearance of the story. I wish I could get that, too. It adds a sense of mystery and darkness to the story.

9

ORIGINALITY / PLOT

The story is too cliché. I was expecting something else because the description and foreword were beautiful.

5

 

FLOW

The story is fuzzy. I wish there was a background story of what happened to them. I know that there was a part that tells why Hoseok bullies Sunmi, but it’s still not enough. I think the author is trying to make an in-depth story of Hoseok’s hatred towards Sunmi, but only made a shallow one. I suggest you try doing an outline of your story.

5

WRITING

I guess this is the writer’s first time, because I was also like this the time I wrote my first fanfic QWERTY. I suggest you follow thewritingcafe.tumblr.com for tips and other stuff about writing. You should also read good books according to the genre you want. For example, if you dream of writing a horrifying horror fanfic, try reading Stephen King or watch horror movies. Explore the world of writing and reading – and you’ll see how they’ll affect your way of writing and thinking.

5

 

GRAMMAR/SPELLING

I’m an inborn grammar nazi, and so far, the grammars are okay.

10

GENERAL ENJOYMENT

I know what you’re trying to do with this fic, but I wish you could do a thorough research about angst fics because they’re extremely hard to make (especially when you’re a happy person).

6

 

COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS + REMINDER

Comments and Thoughts:I’ve checked your authored stories. Your plots are good, you just need to train those hands and mind to write a better story. Take a good stroll, read some books, watch beautiful movies, read blogs and other fanfics. Try also reading How to be an AFF Writing God (asianfanfics.com/story/view/172914/how-to-be-an-aff-writing-god-workshop-writing-advicecolumn). I’ve been there, and I know you can be a better writer. Fighting!

Reminders:
+Comment if you saw this review.
+Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!
Credits to yaminohime [YMH] @ Steph's Bookclub Review Shop ©

SBC