B#6 | The Photographer | galaxyy95

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
ZsQDyX7.jpg?1
 

--❏ Steph's Bookclub Reviewshop ❒--

 
poster

Title

Author

Characters

Category

Genre

Status

The Photographer


galaxyy95

iKON's Bobby, B.I, Lee Hi

Boy x Girl, (BxB)

Romance, Drama, Angst,

Chaptered (ongoing) (8 Chpt)

Description

Bobby & Hayi are bestfriend. She asks Bobby to be the photographer for her wedding, but turns out, Bobby & her future husband have some 'history' together.

 
 

Title


Your title fits the story well, since it is about a photographer, and it connects to the main character. But I find that this title is used many times for other stories, and that it’s not a title many people would feel attracted to, to read the story.



Descr.&Forew.


The description was good, i liked how it’s short and doesn’t give away too much information on the story, and it leaves the readers guessing as to what happens next, getting them to want to read more of the story.



Graphics



I found that the graphic fit the genres of the story, it had that romance, and drama feel to it, but then when it brought in the darker colours, it really brought out the angst in it also, which was really eye catching~



Char. Dev.


Your characters are very well detailed and well worded. I liked how you let the characters speak for themselves instead of you, the narrator, write everything about them and how they react to things, or feel things, see things. I can’t really fully judge the characters since the story isn’t finished yet, but so far, just keep up with what you are doing and i’m sure your characters will be developed great at the end of the story.



 

Appearance


Your font was very easy to read, but while i read your story, i could see that you would change from regular font, to italics. Yes, you can change it to italics, but don’t do it at random times, like when your explaining how your character feels, or what he’s doing. The real main times you should be doing that, is if your character is having a dream, back-flash.



SBC

Orgin.&Plot


I found the story really interesting, and new. I’ve never really read a story like this, but it does kind of remind me of a movie i watched, but they are slightly different in many ways. And i did find that the way you wrote the story it was easy to guess what was going to happen next. It’s not that you gave away too much, but just certain ways you wrote things kind of made me think, “Oh, okay, so that’s probably going to happen in the next chapter”. 



 

Flow


While reading, i think that when the two meet each other again, Hanbin and Jiwon, you make it seem as though Hanbin still has feelings for Jiwon, yet he’s getting married to Hayi. I just think that it doesn’t really flow right with the way you described the story at the beginning. I was expecting it be kind of like, they have to re-do pretty much what they did before, and fall in love again. Because i find the part where the two still love each other, a little too cliché.



Writing


I like the way you write everything, but i still think you can improve in a couple of areas, like describing everything around them, and the people around them, an not just focus on the main character. As silly as that sounds, when you write a story, everything in it, should be well detailed no matter how important it is.



Gramm.&Spel.


From what i could see, you did not have any spelling mistakes, but your punctuation is a little off in some areas. But they can be easily fixed, and many people wouldn’t even really notice, i just tend to be really looking for those things because i find it is a very common mistake many people make.



Gen.Enjoym.


I honestly liked the story, and i can see why many people would enjoy reading it also, but i find that it is a little cliché at some points, especially the part with Hanbin and Jiwon meeting each other again, since many stories that are similar to this, do pretty much he exact same thing, and then it just causes a bunch of crazy things in the story. 



 
 
 

Title : 9/10

Description & Foreword: 10/10

Graphics: 10/10

Character Development: 10/10

Appearance : 8.5/10

Originality & Plot: 6.5/10

Flow: 8/10

Writing: 8/10

Grammar & Spelling: 9/10

General Enjoyment: 9/10

88 / 100

 
© writerFairy Layouts 2015