B#3 | The Imposter ⎜littlemisshappyify

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
  • HOME
  • STAFF
  • FORM
  • ARCHIVE
  • BATCH 3
  • BATCH 4
  • HIRING
BTS2

The Imposter

littlemisshappyify

STLK

91


      /100

littlemisshappyify

INFO

OG (46 Chap)

Moon Chae Won, Park Shi Hoo, Song Joongki

romance, drama, angst, thriller, mystery, some , psychological

B*G

SUMMARY

Two women.
One Face
One Name
One Identity
One Imposter

StephLovesKCulture

15/10/2014

SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
 

TITLE

The title fits the story perfectly. I love the mystery around the title. It's one of a kind. It screams angst, mystery and of course gives you the feeling of suspence. You choose your title well! When I first saw the title, it did made me curious, because as I said before, it is mysterious and angsty. It gives you like a thriller vibe. It certainly drew me in to continue reading.

10

DESCRIPTION / FOREWORD

Your description is how your story goes. So DAEBAK! You don't need anymore than those few sentences. It's like a tagline, that should belong on a poster. Well Done. Just because of the few information you get, you want to start reading your story. Your foreword has been used to introduce the main characters of the story. Although, we don't receive less to no information, the way you introduced your characters is very clever. We get the names of the characters and than a tagline that suits their role in the story. I love it! Very well done!

I also noticed that you used trailers to emphasize your story. I did like one of two trailers. The shorter one, as I do think that it was the most relevant to the stoyr. I started watching the long one, and to be honest I lost your storyline completely.

10

 

GRAPHICS

I fell in love with the graphics, background and chapter layout as soon as I saw it! It was like love at first sight ;) *lol* It suits your story perfectly. I love the mask theme. Kuddos and credits to your graphic designer, they did a great job to translate the feeling of the story into the poster and background. It screams angst, mystery and at the same time the thriller vibe is also present. As you added psychological to your story, in a way with the woman present on the background, the feeling is there as well.

10

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

It's like a KDRAMA you don't want to stop watching or even better you can't stop watching! Your characters are portrayed very realistically and very strong as well. When I first met Chae Woon in your story, I was like "OMG, what happened to that poor women." During the first chapters of the story she got stronger and it was very noticable when reading on. I do like how there are two sides to the woman. It's like the concept of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. I don't want to spoiler anything, but I have to say.. at a certain moment in your story I was like "what just happen to our dear Chae Woon, did she just change personality and identity?" I was like very confussed at the moment, but while reading on it all made sense. For your first story, you did very well with the character changes and the plot twists that nobody couldn't predict beforehand. I do think that one of the characters is a bit superficial and quite a b*tch to be honest, but than again that's my opinion. Again, very well done!

10

 

APPEARANCE

I like the overall look and layout of the story. The font that you used it very suitable and enjoyable to read. it's not too big or not to small. The story itself is very well structured and clearly enough to follow so that you don't have to go back like a few chapters, to know what's going on. It's good that when we near the end, you repeat the last paragraphe of the previous chapter. It's easier to follow that way. I was just wondering why at a certain moment in your story, you stopped using your beautiful chapter layout.

10

ORIGINALITY / PLOT

Your story is far from cliché. It does however seems to me that there is a typical love triangle present in the story. As as I said before, as this is your first story, you did an amazing job writing this story. It is a very creative story with a few strong plot twists in it and I like it! My question to you: "How did you came up with the idea to write such an interesting and mindblowing story?" I'm just curious about that. It's like having an alter ego in this story.

10

 

FLOW

The story does flow smoothly and has certain cliffhangers and plot twists, but as far as the ending goes.. Sometimes, I must admit it's confusing, but well I guess that's just me :) We'll have to wait, because I don't know how it will end. It makes you wonder what will happen to the characters in the story.

9

WRITING

You did a fine job on conveying your ideas and words into an enjoyable and quite understandable way. You do use rather sophisticated words sometimes. Which makes it sometimes a bit harder to understand. But overall I like your style in the way your write your story. Your story is like a K-Drama to me. If this would be a serie, I would definitely watch it. Also because it has a catchy title. With that said, you did a fine job on using imagery to "paint the picture".

8

 

GRAMMAR/SPELLING

To be honest, I don't know if English is your first language. You made a few mistakes with the tenses of the verbs. Or sometimes it was like you didn't use the correct word. But overall it wasn't bad. Maybe it would be best to hire a beta-reader to correct the little mistakes you made. I hope that I didn't offend you right now, as this is not my intention at all. But it would be a shame that this great story would go to waste just because of those mistakes. As there were a lot, I didn't make a list. But please do check with a beta-reader who's good with grammar and the tenses of verbs. Together you can improve your story. But I will say it again, overall you did great! ;)

6

GENERAL ENJOYMENT

Well to be honest, (as I am a lot in this review, reckon ^^) I wasn't quit sure what to expect when I started reading the story. I must admit as I saw that it was psychological and angst, I was like "Hell, this isn't a story for me.." But truth to be told, you suprised me with your story. You didn't make it to heavy, just enough. I do like slight angst, but never ever have I read a psychological fanfic yet. You did a great job on keeping me on edge with your story and also keep me attached to your story for wanting to know more and read on to know what would happen next. I love how you took me totally off guard with your plot twist like halfway the story. It was like, what's happening, no way this can't be happening, waeyo? :) I will definitely continue reading your story as you got me hooked on it and i'm dying to know what will happen next!

8

 

COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS + REMINDER

Comments and Thoughts: Your ultimate question is who do you think the girl should end up with? Well, without creating a spoiler alert, I hope after all she does end up with Park Shi Hoo. For me, it was like the other person was more of an Imposter than the main character. The other person did gave off a vibe of being like superficial and a b*tch, but than again as I said before that's merely my opinion. And actually, I don't care if the other one ends up with the doctor, they are made for each other. I so feel pitty towards MCW, who lost everything, to become a plaything for those superficial people who can only think about themselves. But I do get the feeling that I don't know everything yet, and that yet again you may take me by surprise. So we shall see! ;)

Reminders:
+Comment if you saw this review.
+Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!
Credits to StephLovesKCulture [STLK] @ Steph's Bookclub Review Shop ©

SBC