B#1 | Second Chance | Saki1017

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
 
Steph's BookClub
Steph's BookClub
Navigation:
 
Second Chance by Saki1017 
 

Title: Second Chance (Sequel Blame)
Author: Saki1017
Characters: Kai, Sehun, Sena (OC)
Genre: fluff, romance, drama, comedy, rated
Rating:Teens
Status: Completed (29 Chap)
Description: Now she's back into his life, how would things turn out?


Title (10/10):
I think the title fits the story perfectly as it all about the title. The title is very relevant to the story and gives it the correct meaning. The title itself isn't used often here on AFF. As I didn't see any stories yet that do carry that title. As for me personally, the title did draw me in to read the story. So it definitely draws the attention of the readers to carry on reading.

Description & Foreword (9/10):
Well, as you mentioned in your Description as well as your Foreword, it is about the Sequel to Blame. I do think it's good of you that you indicate the readers to first read Blame, because you can read this story seperately but it's easier to understand when you have read Blame first. In the description we to get a taste of the characters that will play the main roles in the story. It does give you a taste of what the story has to offer you. Luckily, it doesn't give away too much yet. I do like that you include and greet the readers to inform them that this is the Sequel to another story of you. As you start reading the description and foreword, it does make you wonder about what's coming and the readers of Blame will definitely go on reader this story as well. But again, I also recommend readers to first read your story Blame and then go on with the Sequel. It will make everything more clear.

Graphics (8/10):
I must say, I love the poster with the "Bambi Girl" on it! It's very cute and does represent the feeling of the story. I didn't see any background, so I don't really know if you used any. Anyways, the first poster with the "Bambi Girl" on it fits the story more in a way than the second poster. If I may be honest, as you already noticed I'm very fond of the first one, less the second one. Credits to the ones that made the posters for your story ;)

Character Development (9/10):
The characters are portrayed in a realistic way, they don't sound at all superficial. They all have their flaws and some have some secrets yet. I do love the way you describe them, they haven't changed. But I don't want to spoiler things, so I will leave it at that. The main characters keep on interacting with each other in a natural way and that is what makes the story so loveable to read on. Well, as I said before I don't want to spoiler the story, so just let me say that the characters do make the story and depending on their actions the story will continue in that way. Maybe it doesn't make any sense right now, but if you start reading it will!

Appearance (10/10):
The font that has been used fits the story very well, it is very convenient to read the story. It's not too large or not too small that it could bother the readers to continue reading. The story is very well structured and therefor easy to follow. In my case, I didn't read your story in one go, but over several days and sometimes a week went by without reading on. But as I picked up the reading, it was very easy to follow up, eventhough it's been a while since I last read a chapter of your story. So again, yes, your story is very easy to follow and not complicated in a way that you might have to go back before continuing

Originality & Plot (9/10):
Let me explain something first before going on, I also did the review on your first story "Blame". There I also mentioned that maybe the story seems to be cliché, it didn't bother me at all. You write your stories in such a way, that people will forget that it might be cliché. I do love the plot and the originality of the story. Your ideas will be always creative, because you are making an effort to make something personal out of it. It conveys your own ideas very well. The story is so cute and at the same time still very intense. I LOVED IT! <3

Flow (10/10):
Well, it came up before that your story flows smoothly and I'm not going to tell anything about the end. But I do fancy the end, eventhough as you mentioned.. I myself expected a sligthy different end, a GOOD one but a bit different.. Hahaha.. but nontheless.. I liked it! I must be honest, If I would have read your story in one go, it wouldn't have taken me much time. This is due to the fact, that this reads very easily and actually while reading it, you are wishing it doesn't come to end. But somehow and sometimes, you have to end your story and you did very well. So it goes by quickly in a positive way, that you are wishing that it won't stop and would go on for ever (which is not always possible though! ^^)

Writing (10/10):
Your ideas are well conveyed in this story and it's also rather clear how you want the story to go on. It's very understandable and enjoyable to read your story. Your story played like a movie in my head, I could picture everything very well and that's what I liked a lot about the both stories. If I can imagine and see the story in my head, it does mean to me that you are doing a fine job with your writing skills! *So tumbs up for you, Saki!*

Grammar & Spelling (10/10):
For me, the story is written very well, I couldn't spot any huge mistakes.. maybe some minor mistakes but to be honest I can't really remember anymore which ones.. So that means that it didn't bother me at all! ;) I pressume that English isn't your first language, but I can be wrong, so my apologies for that ^^


General Enjoyment (10/10):
Throughout this entire review, everyone must have noticed already how much I liked and loved reading your story. Why? Well first of all, It's EXO.. who doesn't like any story with EXO in. Second, it's like mainly Kai & Sehun, the maknaeline and offcourse two of my biases in EXO. Third, I really like how you incorporated the OC (Park Sena) into the story, it's like she sounds as if she's really Sehun's sister almost in real life as well. My favourite parts of the story are the interactions between Sehun and Sena and Kai. And also the relations between the EXO members and Sena. It's so funny how their old friends are also still incorporated in the story. I can only advice everyone to read both of your stories, because let me use the Loreal commercial phrase "You Are Worth It" and off course so are your stories! I did find myself wanted to read more and more and more.. Hahahaa.. but that I will do off course!

 


Total score: 95/100
Reviewer: StephLovesKCulture
Reviewed on: 14/08/2014
Comments and thoughts: Again as before.. I LOVED IT!! I would read it all over again and keep on reading it.. It wouldn't bother me at all! Need a reviewer again for one of your other stories? Don't hesitate to come ask! ;) I'll be at your service!


Reminders: Remember to follow the rules.
+ Comment if you saw this review.
+ Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!

Credits to
StephLovesKCulture (STLK) @ Steph's BookClub Review Shop (SBC)©

Credit us
 

Credit 1
writerFairy-SBC-credit.png
Credit 2
writerFairy-SBC-credit2.png