B#6 | Heart Of A Human | neverendingfairy

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
ZsQDyX7.jpg?1
 

--❏ Steph's Bookclub Reviewshop ❒--

 
poster

Title

Author

Characters

Category

Genre

Status

Heart Of A Human

neverendingfairy

Onew, Jonghyun, Taemin

Fluff, Romance, Fantasy

One-Shot

Description

Love always finds its way to someone's heart...even a werewolf with no heart.

 
 

Title


The title of your is quite mysterious. In a way unique, as I didn't come across any other stroies with that title. After reading your one-shot, I'm still in dubious why you chose this particular title. But after recapitulating what happens in the story, I think I do understand it. There are so many different meaning behind it. So many ways to interpretate your title. I think what you're trying to say, is that it takes only a good human heart and bravery to cnquer evil and dangerious situations. Only the love of one person can save another's persons soul. Because of that meaning, out of the blue, the title fits the story very well. You keep your readers guessing about the story when first reading the title.

Descr.&Forew.


DESCRIPTION
Your description can be describes as a quote of love. It's very simple and actually enough to start reading your story. The sentence itself is quite cliché, but still.. It does suit your story. You only give away that it's about a werewolf and for the other part, you let the reader's imagination take it cours.

FOREWORD
In this case, you're using this space to introduce/announce your readers why you wrote this story. I very much appreciate it, like that I could understand the story and why you wrote it like this. Because it's like Twilight meets Harry Potter, that combo on its own is actually rather genius and funny at the same time. Well done!

 

Graphics


There's no graphic provided . If you wish your story to be more attractive , a poster or banner might help . You can always request a poster or banner from the graphic shops out there where they have talented designers to make a nice graphic poster for you .
SIDENOTE: If you want a poster,background or something else made, we have do have a sister Graphic shop
*WF Graphics*
We have also other excellent Graphic Shops in our affliates. Please make sure to check them out.

Char. Dev.


As this was an entry for a Writing Contest, you were obligated to use the characters presented/given in the specifics. In this story, it's SHINee. As this is actually more a fantasy story than a realistic one, you still did a great job on making/portraying them as realistic as possible. On top of that, it's a one-shot, which gives you another challenge, so you have to think carefullly on how you will oncorporate your characteristics for each and avery person. Which I can imagine, can't be easy. You can't go too much into detail, because otherwise it will get very complicated and your readers might get lost there. Luckily, you made it work and didn't happen. By the way you let them interact with eachother and the little info we get as background info, we already get a vague imagine on how they are behaving and what their characters can be like. They all have their flaws and "secrets" they keep hidden from one another.

JONGHYUN
He's the main character in your story. He strikes me as a good hardworking person. Someone who goes through fire for his friends. It's like he gives us the feeling he wants to stay partly invisible, because of who is/can become. But otherwise, he doesn't want to be left behind and alone. Luckily for him, he does have friends on whom he can cound and turst when something bad is bound to happen. His best friend, Jinki/Onew, is there to helmphim when he's facing a rough time due to not geeting a certain thing on time (I'm sorry to be so vague, I don't want to spoil anything) Therefor he's very grateful.

JINKI aka ONEW
He's like the eomma of the group. He makes sure everyone is settled and doing their best at school. He also tries to prevent them from going on to the wrong path in their private lives. He's the most caring one of the group. It's like he feels he needs to be the responsable one to watch over everyone. He praises himself lucky with all his friends. He also has a little brother Taemin, whim he is very protective about.

MINHO & KIBUM (KEY)
Those two are more side characters. But they do have their significant role in the story. Without them, it would be so much harder to control the situation. They are the extra support Jinki needs with Jonghyun. To think that those were first enemies due to being in 2 differents departments/houses of Hogwarts. It's quite funny though. They change rather quickly in the story as they do become friends and do care about Jonghyun as well.

TAEMIN
He's the little brother of Jinki/Onew. He's presented to us as this sweetheart of a boy. We don't know that much about him. So it's a bit more difficult to give a satisfactory description about him. We were informed that the story is about the JongTae pairing. In that POV, we can already say that he's the crush of Jonghyun I don't want to psoil anything, but I will only let you know that due to him som "major" changes are taking place.

In general, we can say that almost everyone stays in character and do not undergo major changes. The only 2 people that undergo changes are in fact Jonghyun and Taemin.

 

Appearance


The appearance is neat and very clear. You used a suitable font and fontsize to avoid having headaches or pain at the eyes. The story is also very structured. I do appreciate the fact that you did use paragraphs to give a neater overview of the story, that makes it much easier to follow the storyline.

SBC

Orgin.&Plot


To be honest, it's a bit of a cliché at first.. I know it's not always easy to create new stories. On the other hand, I must say the combo of Hogwarts meets Twilight is rather genius. It's such a funny twist on the story, which makes it original. You did your best to create a great story, which can't be always easy. But after reading your story, I quite liked it.

 

Flow


The story has a nice ongoing pace, not too fast not too slow. It makes your story very fluent and easy to follow. As it is a one-shot, this is one of the more important elements of the story. You can nail it or you can get completely lost. Due to fluency of the story, it went very smoothly and we didn't get lost or stuck nowhere. Great job!

Writing


I love your writingskills and style. Eventhough it seems that English isn't your first language, you sure know how to play with words to create this imagery scenes. When reading your reading and in anticipatation of your writing, you succeeded in taking the reader with you on your journey in the story. I could see the scenes playing in my head like part of movie. You conveyed your ideas and words in very yet unique understandable way. Well done!

Gramm.&Spel.


Well to be honest, believe it or not, I couldn't find any major not even a minal mistake in your story. I even read your story again to be sure, I didn't miss one. All tenses are used correctly and the commas and speech marks are also used in the correct way. I did noticed some very interesting words, that aren't used very often but do fit in the content of this story. Your English writing is actually of high standard. Even for me, for whom English is like my third or fourth language, I'm not even able to use such educated words even if I would try :) I love writing reviews and reading and must be honest that my English did improve. But still, wow you are something alright! Well done! Keep up the good work, i like your writing style and love how you intruige me with the words.

Gen.Enjoym.


This story was very interesting as it contains the elements of two major movies (Twilight & Harry Potter). I did enjoy the twist in the story. I laughed a lot in the beginning, because I got the image stuck in my head from Harry Potter becoming a werewolf and changing back into Harry Potter. To be honest, I don't really read fantasy stories a lot. But you didn't dissapoint me, and kept my attention throughout the whole story. I think it was my first story featuring SHINee that I read here. I'm definitely going to check more stories of you. I love your writingstyle and use of words. When I read that English wasn't your first language, I was like "oh no this either going to be a disaster or just turn out fine". Well, did you suprise me there! I actually wanted to read more of the story though.

 
 
 

Title : 10/10

Description & Foreword: 9/10

Graphics: --/10

Character Development: 8/10

Appearance :10/10

Originality & Plot: 8/10

Flow: 10/10

Writing: 10/10

Grammar & Spelling: 10/10

General Enjoyment: 8/10

83 / 90

 
© writerFairy Layouts 2015