B#4 | Deer Luhan, With Love⎜Korekrypta

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
  • HOME
  • STAFF
  • FORM
  • ARCHIVE
  • BATCH 3
  • BATCH 4
  • HIRING
BTS2

Deer Luhan, With Love

BTS

STLK

97


      /100

Korekrypta

INFO

OG (96 Chpt)

OC (Leigh), Sehun, Luhan, the rest of EXO, with cameos from other SM artists

Comedy, Genderbender, Humor, Crack, Adventure, Romance (eventually)

B*G

SUMMARY

Following dyeing her hair pink, an argument with her mother, plate to her head, and chance encounter with a tipsy EXO member find Leigh Lee on a plane to Seoul with little idea as to how she got there and EXO's maknae intent on calling her "hyung". She's also clutching Luhan's passport, missing her own, and widely mistaken for the second oldest boy in the group when she doesn't speak a word of Chinese. And to make matters worse, Luhan's happily waltzed off to China -- without permission and with Leigh's phone -- and expects her to fill in for him without being caught while he tries to hunt down the Mafia.
"It won't be for long," he said.
He needed a new dictionary.

StephLovesKCulture

06/01/2015

SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
 

TITLE

The title fits the story perfectly. It's just a fun and unique title. The pun of the title is amazing and doesn't bother me at all. Because just of the pun it makes it more unique and so right for the story. It drew me in to start reading the story. But not only that, it was the overall of the description and the title. Maybe also the fact that I have Luhan as one of my biases. Anyway, i love this title!

10

DESCRIPTION / FOREWORD

Your description in written in a fun way. It's understandable and gives you the urge to want to read your story. It's quite simple and short but to the point. And to be honest, you don't need more information to start reading. I love how you keep on surprising us. I can only say one thing: READ THIS AMAZING STORY!! You attrack a lot of readers with your way of writing and choice of title.

As for the foreword, it's so nice that you explain the title to us. You inform us about some important points we need to know about your story. In the foreword you also feature some quotes from reviews you already got. So that's fine by me. It's every author's choice how to use. Well done for your description and foreword!

9

 

GRAPHICS

Your graphic designer tried her best create a poster that would fit the story. But as I continued reading your story, you also held a graphic design contest for the poster. And to be honest, I did see one or two posters that would be more fitted for the story. This one isn't bad, but could use some improvement. I hope I didn't offend you or the graphic designer with my opinion. I just want to be honest and give you a fair review. The background i do like because of its simplicity. It does fit the story. But maybe it would have been a bit better if the poster and background had the same theme. What I want to say is that an element of the poster can be used as part of the background as well

8

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Your characters delevop themselves throughout your story. I do like how you portray them in their natural habitat and in a realistic way. The reason i like your characters in the story is because of the fact we don't get any description yet of the characters. In that way, we don't have any prejudices yet. I like Leigh, who's a normal girl in that way that she doesn''t know the existence of the Kpop World whereas her friend Abbie can't get enough of it. And offcourse we have Luhan, Sehun and the rest of EXO, who play a large and quite important role in the story. We have our Maknae Sehun who's confused after the switch and than we also have Luhan who's like entangled in so many suspicious causes. And who's part of the famous Kpop Boyband EXO. I love how all the characters their lives get intertwined with each other. The characters do draw you in, and they each have their own story. You did an amazing job here!

10

 

APPEARANCE

The font is large enough to read easily. Also on a smartphone it's enjoyable to read. Your story is very structured. It's not one chunck of text, you leave enough place between the different paragraphs. I love how you insert the rewinds in your story, that what makes it easier to follow and know more from behind the scenes. The fun part about the story, are the littles notes that we find at the beginning of every chapter. With those little notes at the beginning, you already reveal a little what's going to happen in the chapter itself.

10

ORIGINALITY / PLOT

I know you as an authornim who can turn a cliché subject into something amazing. You haven proven that more than once to me and to other readers as well. I love how you make everything your own. The plot is very intruiging and very exciting. It's true that romance is slow, but actually that doesn't bother me. You still keep the readers' attention with all the twists you have going on in your story. And yes, the romance is slowly building up. You bring everything to a new level. To write your stories, it's like you put the bar always extremely high for yourself. Due to that you keep on surprising everyone by nailing it every time. I love your stories! I know most people would perhaps not start to read your stories as they are very long chapterwise. But I don't mind, I started reading and couldn't stop! It reads so fast! To resume, it unique, it's innovating and it has an amazing plotline and it's very original

10

 

FLOW

As mentioned before it reads so fast, I can't believe it! Most people, when they see a story with that many chapters, will most likely not start reading it. But I can be wrong also. It has a nice pace to it. If it will end nicely, that we don't know yet as your story is still ongoing. I'm looking forward to read more of you!

10

WRITING

You have a unique way in conveying your ideas and words. I love the British English writing style. As with your other story, I can see your story playing in my head again. It's like an amazing Korean movie. I like that fact about me that's able to invision the story completely in my head. And for the writer that means that the story is well written and is very logical.

10

 

GRAMMAR/SPELLING

No errors for as far as I could read! AMAZING, that's all I have to say! ;)

10

GENERAL ENJOYMENT

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your story! I can't stop reading. It's just easy reading. It doesn't bother me that romance is slow, there are enough other things that keep your story interested. AMAZING! Luhan is one of my biases, and the pairing of HUNHAN, I love! I like how yuo twist everything around and own everything. You can't say that about everyone. I will continue reading your stories, because they are intruiging and exciting. You can keep ones attention so easily! *DAEBAK!!*

10

 

COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS + REMINDER

Comments and Thoughts: Korey, I'm addicted to your stories. It's so true what you put in your foreword about the warning to read the story at school, at work,.. I completely forget about the world around when I was reading your story. Not always the best thing when you are at work in a break. You tend to loose track of time. :) Keep on writing! You're AMAZING!

Reminders:
+Comment if you saw this review.
+Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!
Credits to StephLovesKCulture [STLK] @ Steph's Bookclub Review Shop ©

SBC