B#2 | He Used To Be | BestFriend4eva

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -

 
Steph's BookClub
Steph's BookClub
Navigation:
 
He Used To Be by BestFriend4eva 
 

Title: He Used To Be
Author: BestFriend4eva
Characters: Characters
Genre: romance, sad, angst, sadromance
Category: B*G
Status: Completed (One-Shot)
Description: My best friend and I?
We're inseperable.
I like him.
No, more like love him.
However,
Ever since that girl came between us, things had never been the same..



Title (10/10):
The title is the story! The meaning of the title is very relevant to the story. It could be that the title has already been used in another concept of a certain story. But I didn't came across that title here on AFF. It drew my attention to start reading the story. The title has a nice ring to it. If you see the title, you could more or less already predict what story it's going to be. Not always, but sometimes..

Description & Foreword (10/10):
I like your description. It has a lot of feeling in it and does introduce us already to the story itself. You know after reading the description, that most likely something bad/sad will happen in the story. It does describe the story very well. For me personally, it drew my attention and triggered my curiosity. The foreword, you used to introduce yourself and inform us about the general information, so that's okay.

Graphics (9/10): 
First of all, it's a one of a kind poster. It's a unique one. Kuddos and credits to the graphic designer who had the idea to get rid of the real photos and cliché and who used drawings to illustrate your poster. At first you would think, why did you choose that poster? But after a while, you begin to understand.. well, I did anyway. After looking at your poster more carefully, it does occure to me that it actually does fit the story. In the upper part of the poster, we have Kai (if I'm not mistaken) and in the lower part we have our lovely Shin Eunmi. It's like she's hiding her emotions and feelings for him. And he off course, doesn't have a clue. In a way, it does fit the genre and the story.

Character Development (8/10):
The characters are really portrayed in a realistic way. You can describe them as 2 down to earth people with no nonense. But offcourse they each have their flaws as well, they have secrets. The secret she keeps and he, you will find out when reading the story. Well, there will be a certain twist in the story, but that's for you to find out.

Appearance (10/10):
The font is large enough to read your story. The story is also structured clearly enough so we can follow the storyline easily.

Originality & Plot (7/10):
Well, as reviewers, we must be honest. And in this section I will be honest with you, hopefully without offending you. Because you must now, this is not my intention at all! The story does sound cliché and can be put in the catergory with so many other stories here on AFF. But I like the effort you put in your story and the ideas you did convey, to make it your own personal story. And that's what is the most important! The story that you describe, I think most of the girls here on AFF can rely on it. And maybe you wrote from that perspectif. That is all possible offcourse. It has also your typical lovetriangle to it. With the difference that Kai doesn't know anything about the feelings from Eunmi for him. But as it so reliable, I still will credit you for that one. It's a beautiful but sad romance story. And I did like your story! ^^

Flow (8/10):
Your story flows very smoothly but ends.. well, nope I'm not going to say it.. just read the story and be surprised - Or not. For you to decide. It goes by very quickly.

Writing (9/10):
As said before, you did convey your ideas very well in your story. You made it very enjoyable to read without using very difficult words. For this oneshot, I could imagine everything in my head and it did play like a movie, so good job on that one!

Grammar & Spelling (10/10):
I don't know if English is your first language or not. But I must be honest here, I actually didn't find any major grammar or spelling mistake. Maybe one tiny one, but even than. That's all I could find.

Description

Ever since that girl came between us, things had never been the same..
Ever since that girl came between us, things have never been the same..



General Enjoyment (10/10):
I really liked your story as I could relate to your story. I like your writing style. I'm looking foreword to read more of your stories. I really liked the character of Shin Eunmi. (ps: There are already some stories waiting on my "want to read" - list of you) Keep on writing well! ;) * FIGHTING DONGSAENG! *


 


Total score: 91/100
Reviewer: StephKCulture
Reviewed on: 10/09/2014
Comments and thoughts: Keep on writing good stories with your biases and if you need more stories to be reviewed, don't hesitate to drop by and let me know! ;) *Thumbs Up!*


Reminders:
Remember to follow the rules.
+ Comment if you saw this review.
+ Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!

Credits to StephKCulture (STLK) @ Steph's BookClub Review Shop (SBC)©

Credit us
 

Credit 1
writerFairy-SBC-credit.png
Credit 2
writerFairy-SBC-credit2.png