B#6 | Misunderstood, The | Renzei27

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
ZsQDyX7.jpg?1
 

--❏ Steph's Bookclub Reviewshop ❒--

 
poster

Title

Author

Characters

Category

Genre

Status

The Misunderstood

Renzei27

Exo M

Category

Drama, Angst, Melodrama (Slight romance, and comedy)

Completed (65 Chap.)

Description

Story takes place within the main character's working environment named Agit Night. The work they do is the business of pleasure and entertainment. However, though the story takes place within those confines, it mainly focuses on the struggles of our 6 main characters and how they cope with the day to day struggles of life and their own personal problems and grow as individuals...

 
 

Title


You make the right decision to change the title from "We Can Make You Understand" to "Misunderstood, The". It drew people in because it's only two simple words yet you make it sounds fascinating. It fits the story well since it describes how people often misjudged about other people who do that kind of job, without seeing their past and all.

Descr.&Forew.


You managed to give a taste of what is to come without giving everything away. Plus, you also gave the readers a little sneak-peak of the main characters (aka EXO M)'s life and it makes me want to read more. Well done!

Graphics


the graphics fits the story's genre very well. Mysterious, dark, yet has a hint of elegance. Love it!

Char. Dev.


This is the part where you stand out the most. Each character were described in such details. Their personalities, their background story, you managed to tell the readers about those things clearly. I have no confusion while reading it. You also managed to change the characters personalities slowly but surely, like Jongdae for example. He was known as a jerky and annoying and nosy man (especially about the briefs) but as the story goes by, the readers get to know him better as you showed them his past and his family background.

 

Appearance


the font wasn't too large nor too small so it won't bother the readers. Your story was structured clearly enough so the readers can follow your storyline easily. I have nothing more to say about this, so well done.

SBC

Orgin.&Plot


In my opinion, you are one of those great writers that can create uncliche story. Even though the story was about EXO M working at a fancy brothel and it was a rated m story, you didn't put too much sensual scenes and focused on the main plot, which is a very good thing. Not to mention those unique positions like Escorts, D.E and Bedder, your story was interesting and drew me in.

 

Flow


the flow went smoothly and ended nicely. The story goes slowly to the main plot, but not to the point where the readers could get bored. You did a great job right there!

Writing


you convey ideas or words in an enjoyable and understandable way. Like i said before, you managed to keep up readers curiosity because there will always be surprises in every single chapters.

Gramm.&Spel.


i do find some small mistakes about grammars and spellings. Like the part where Amber and Tao had a dinner together. The word "Gentlemen" should be "Gentleman", because 'men' is the plural form of 'man'. Also the part when Tao was about to move out from his house, i'll quote it for you: "Her hands gripped around the base of his hair and neck. Pulling all 183 cm of him to his feet." I think it'll be better if it become, "Her hands grabbed him on the base of his hair and neck. Pulling all 6,1 feet of him." Then the last one, there is one little mistake on early chapters. You typed "guess" instead of "Guest." But hey, it's okay if english wasn't your first language. It wasn't mine either. Other than those i've pointed for you, there are no confusing sentence

Gen.Enjoym.


Your story is unique and i enjoy reading it a lot. It was like i literally watch a movie. Chen's past was the saddest part for me cause (well, first he's my bias) i can feel how desperate he was when he knew his mother will be executed. Lots of emotions mixed inside my heart reading this kkk~

 
 
 

Title : 8/10

Description & Foreword: 9/10

Graphics: 9/10

Character Development: 10/10

Appearance : 10/10

Originality & Plot: 10/10

Flow: 9/10

Writing: 9/10

Grammar & Spelling: 7/10

General Enjoyment: 9/10

90 / 100

 
© writerFairy Layouts 2015