B#1 | Let Me Love You Wallflower | RockyBlue

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
 
Steph's BookClub
Steph's BookClub
Navigation:
 
 

Title: Let Me Love You Wallflower!
Author: RockyBlue
Characters: Baekhyun and Chanyeol, plus all of the EXO members
Genre: romance, very light angst,
Rating: /
Status:?(4 Chap)
Description: Text.


Title (5/10):
Although your title is relevant to the story and catches peoples' attentions, I think it is too long. It gives off that boring feeling.

Description & Foreword (6/10):
Again, both description and foreword are a little too long, especially with the foreword (sneak peak) on a side note, you spelt prologue wrong. You did not really have any spelling mistakes other than the prologue part but however, I did come across a few sentences where you did not add commas in. Do reread your description out loud and see if a sentence needs a comma, etc. I do not mind your description though. I like how you separated Chanyeol's and Baekhyun's part and how you explained them so good job!

Graphics (7/10): 
I actually like your poster, but it would have been better if it was in color; preferably green. I do not mind how you don't have a background at all. I think it looks fine.

Character Development (5/10):
I don't see any progress between the two characters but I do not blame you as the story hasn't really started yet. Well not for me anyway. All the characters in your story all have 'real' personalities, which is good. From what I have read so far, I understand that Jongin and Jongdae are twins but are far from similar. Jongin is more the quiet type but has a 'witty' sense of humor. Jongdae, on the other hand, is a tease especially when it comes to Baekhyun and his 'undying love'. It makes me think that Jongdae has feelings for Baekhyun. Chanyeol's personality is pretty much a Chanyeol personality, if you know what I mean. It doesn't stray away from real life Chanyeol's image. Baekhyun, however, is not really a wallflower to me. He seems more b!tchy (excuse my language), sarcastic and just negative. If I am correct, wallflower means shy, not rude, etc.

Appearance (9/10):
I honestly love the layout of your chapters and how you place a quote on every chapter so for that, you get a good mark. However, the reason why I did not give you a 10 is because the layout that you used for some of your fonts actually hurt my eyes. I don't like how some paragraphs are all 'squeezed' in.

Originality & Plot (7/10):
Most parts of the story is actually original. I did not expect Jongin and Jongdae to be twins whatsoever :O But Baekhyun's personality is pretty much the same as most stories I have read on aff so it gets tired because his personality and how he reacts to things isn't all that new. It's quite predictable.

Flow (8/10):
I cannot think of any faults to be honest, just that the pace of the story is pretty slow.

Writing (7/10):
Your writing style is pretty simple. You use simplicity in your text. Some of the words that you used are overdone in a way such as the word 'just'. It feels informal, I guess but other than that, I like your simplicity. It's a good thing to have but try to use more range of vocabulary.

Grammar & Spelling (6/10):
I can hardly spot any spelling mistakes but it was the commas that really turned off the mood. I do not like it when people do not know where to place commas in. I believe that you should really proofread all your work. From start to end, no but's. Because I was trying to enjoy your story but since I'm a little strict on punctuation and misuse of commas, etc. I did not enjoy the story too much. You also had run-on sentences. Do be careful with them.


General Enjoyment (5/10):
Although I like baekyeol fics, your story did not interest me enough for me to subscribe to your story. It was a little boring and it lacks of excitement. Adventure. Drama. But of course, do not get discouraged by this as I can see you have commentators and subscribers which is good ^^

 


Total score: 65/100
Reviewer: marmalody
Reviewed on: 19/08/2014
Comments and thoughts: Hello! Sorry if I offended you. I did not mean to. Do write more author-nim. Do not feel discouraged. Fighting!


Reminders:
Remember to follow the rules.
+ Comment if you saw this review.
+ Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!

Credits to marmalody (MML) @ Steph's BookClub Review Shop (SBC)©

Credit us
 

Credit 1
writerFairy-SBC-credit.png
Credit 2
writerFairy-SBC-credit2.png