B#6 | Blood Rose | kpopcrown

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
ZsQDyX7.jpg?1
 

--❏ Steph's Bookclub Reviewshop ❒--

 
poster

Title

Author

Characters

Category

Genre

Status

Blood Rose

Kpopcrown

Choi Renee, Oh Sehun, Ahn Hani, Park Chanyeol, D.O, and etc

Boy x Girl

romance, tragedy, death, angst, thriller, mystery, detective, action, psychological, gangs

Chaptered (ongoing)

Description

Choi Renee just started her career as a detective for the Korean National Police Agency. She has everything in the palm of her hands, and is ready to excel whatever case she stumbles upon. The members of her weapons team were nothing normal. In fact, they were the opposite of sane. They were nocturnal human beings who worked the night and slept mere hours of day. The distracting face of Kim Seokjin, the sisterly attitude of Ahn Hani, unusual quirkiness of Lee Taemin, and the occasional iness of Oh Sehun were more than what she bargained for. Their team leader was on of a kind, too. Mr. Zhang Yixing was known to be the wise turtle of the whole detective intelligence department. Together, they all were capable of any case or disaster. But quickly things escalates for the worst and she is exposed to the horrors of the underground world. No training and exams could prepare her for the situations she would step upon. She is barely coping up, trying her best to build up barriers to separate her personal life from her professional life, but it all crashes to an end when she realizes. She is drowning and no one can save her.

 
 

Title


As of right now, I don't see how this title fits the story. I understand the Blood part since it has a bit of that 'bloody' feeling to it with your story, but I don't understand how the Rose is related to it in any way. What I found in your description about Renee's past is involved with your title. The title only made sense when you talked about her past. But not really the story itself yet.I know the story is still on-going, so that might be one of the reasons why it doesn't make sense yet.

Descr.&Forew.


I found your description was really well thought over and well written. You seem to have put in a good amount of thought into writing the description and it really made me curious and wanted to actually read about what was going on. It gave off a really good idea of what the story was about, and it didn't reveal too much of the story itself.

Graphics


It is very nice and simple. Can be eye catching to some people, but probably not for others. I'm not saying you should hurry and get one made, but maybe just put something in there that'll catch the readers eyes, but I think it's in your best interest to get one made. And I have a few suggestions that create really good posters for you kind of story.

Char. Dev.


It's kind of hard to rate you for this since your story is not complete, but right now I find that your characters are developing well, and you get a good idea of what all the characters are about and how they act, feel, see, etc.
I find that your main character is very interesting with how she deals with the situations she's in. When they go see the dead corpse of the woman in her early 20s was a good example of how you really made it seem like the characters were really descriptive. How they all had different feelings and how they dealt with seeing the body and such.

 

Appearance


Everything was very organized, and neat. Everything could be read clearly and is also good for those on Mobile. I liked the font, even if it was just simple, it fit the theme of the story well.

SBC

Orgin.&Plot


It was a very good plot, but I've seen a lot of stories like this start off like yours. The Police/Detective is a very common type of character for M rated stories these days and I found that it just really looked like many other stories on AFF and other Fanfic sites. Though, like I've said probably a few times now, but it was very well thought out and you were able to make the story much more interesting and mysterious.

 

Flow


Honestly, the flow is just right. Like how detailed you were about everything and it makes everything much more interesting to read. It was easy to follow along with everything and it was very easy to understand what was going on in the story.

Writing


Your ideas a really worded and written in a very interesting way, but i found that there was a certain part in the story were it as hard to understand what you were trying to say, but i fortunately got it after a while. But other then that, i found that it was very well written and detailed!

Gramm.&Spel.


Everything from what I could see was great. There were no grammar errors, but I did notice that you would occasionally forget a word in a sentence (ex: chapter 3). Clearly English is your first language and you are very good at checking over your work for mistakes, but sometimes you just need a second pair of eyes to go over and find something. Haha.

Gen.Enjoym.


I am honestly a big fan of stories like this, or really anything that's dark. I really enjoyed reading your story and I'm going to keep that subscribe button red. I really loved how detailed everything was. It just made things way more clearer for me, and I had a fun time reading your story. The scenes when they are at the dead body was probably my favourite part because I really liked how detailed you made something so un-comfortable to read. Since I find a lot of authors try to half fast it to get it over with, but it's the way your characters described everything, and the details. I can't wait to hopefully review this story again when you have completed it~^^/p>

 
 
 

Title : 05/10

Description & Foreword: 10/10

Graphics: 08/10

Character Development: 10/10

Appearance : 10/10

Originality & Plot: 08/10

Flow: 10/10

Writing: 9/10

Grammar & Spelling: 8/10

General Enjoyment: 10/10

88 / 100

 
© writerFairy Layouts 2015