B#6 | The Geek and The Charming | royaldeer

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
ZsQDyX7.jpg?1
 

--❏ Steph's Bookclub Reviewshop ❒--

 
poster

Title

Author

Characters

Category

Genre

Status

The Geek and The Charming

royaldeer

Lee Dokyeom (DK of Seventeen) | OC | SEVENTEEN

Boy x Girl

Fluff, romance, comedy, school life

Chaptered (ongoing)(3-4 Chpt)

Description

DK is the president of the music club. He is nice, the top student and loved by people. He is popular but not because he have looks or what. Its because he is intelligent and have such a great voice. As for Hwang Nari, the y and spoiled attitude is the president of the theatre club. Popular among guys for her good looks. Well, one day, they met. Which is not in the good way which makes they both hate each other. But then the principal asked them to work together for the a musical theatre show for the school's festival. That's when, nightmares showered both of them

 
 

Title


It's cute, but typical. There is plenty of “the nerd and the bad boy”, “the girl and the gangster” or titles similar and I can easily predict the storyline. It's cliché; the two will get on bad terms but fall in love later on, no? It still is pretty cute though -- It gives off a slight feel to a romance comedy,

Descr.&Forew.


It's nice. It sounds like a typical schoolife fanfiction filled with romance, betrayal, drama; which seemingly is caused by nari. But your wording is alittle thorny. Such as “sounds so geek”, or “she is charmingly evil, pretty, y”. You also highlighted a lot on how she's a huge b***h, so maybe adding something more playful such as, “student's nickname her satan; many others calling her sweeter names.” would be good.

Graphics


There's no graphic provided . If you wish your story to be more attractive , a poster or banner might help . You can always request a poster or banner from the graphic shops out there where they have talented designers to make a nice graphic poster for you .
SIDENOTE: If you want a poster,background or something else made, we have do have a sister Graphic shop
*WF Graphics*
We have also other excellent Graphic Shops in our affliates. Please make sure to check them out.

Char. Dev.


It isn't the best. A few of your characters didn't have much of a personality. For example, The vocal team. Rather then describing their close bond with Dokyum, seeing them hang out with other members of the music club, talking to girls and whatnot, it seems as if the main reason they were placed in the story is to only sense dokyum's dislike to nari, or point out interactions between the both of them to keep the story going. I also heard very little from ahyeon, but she isn't really much of a main character so it's alright. Now, Seungcheol. My dear bias ( smh ). He seems too much of a playboy; hoping onto different girls at one time. He broke up with nari, and magically tomorrow he got together with areum. I found that really unrealistic. It takes time for someone to actually fall in love, or fully heal after a breakup. If seungcheol really wanted to break up earlier on, he would've seemed more uncomfortable or stiff when he was with nari. Now, the two main characters. Dokyum is fine. He gets along with people easily and forgives, is a seemingly nice person. However Nari on the other hand, doesn't seem so b***y as you described her. She really wasn't mean at all, just, moody at times. She also doesn't have any friends, so making her interact with Nana and Dani would bring more reality into it.

 

Appearance


The writing font is good. The first few paragraphs had a tab spacing, so I don't know if you want to leave it there or not. But it's all good, since it wasn't until my third run of this story when I realized it. Though, I suggest you don't use the quotation mark when you're expressing their thoughts, since their talking is the same, I got confused at times.

SBC

Orgin.&Plot


It is cliché, as I've stated numerous times. I could predict what's next after almost ever paragraph. You also stated that it was comedy; I, however, didn't see much comedy about this story. It's more of a cuter and bright theme, rather then a comedic one.

 

Flow


It definitely isnt bad, but I wouldn't say it was perfect. The pacing was nice; how each chapter didnt contain useless paragraphs that had it's own mind, but actually had ones adding up to the plot. The pacing throughout the chapters is good, however the endings isn't the best. It seems as if it was more of a whole continuous chapter rather then the end of one; they seem a little bland to me.

Writing


Instead of explaining, let actions speak. Show, not tell. For example, how dokyum and seungcheol are 'close', but I really don't see them interacting outside of their shared room. Their conversations are pretty dodgy, too. Instead of explaining, show how seuncheol trusts seokmin enough to actually tell him about his feelings. Make them feel more united. You get where I'm coming from, right?

Gramm.&Spel.


Even though everyone makes spelling errors, you had a lot in yours and they weren't small enough to shrug off. Again, your word placement. There was times where you tried to explain the actions, or tried to match actions with other things but it didn't turn out the best. Try re-reading your story slowly and carefully to spot them.

Gen.Enjoym.


I honestly enjoyed reading it a lot, not only are the main characters my baes which is automaticly a plus ( lmao ) but this kind of schoolife fanfictons really excite me. I'm usually looking foreword to the bright kind or the dramatic kind; and yours made me bright so !!! yay. Kudos to you, my friend!

 
 
 

Title : 4/10

Description & Foreword: 6/10

Graphics: --/10

Character Development: 4/10

Appearance : 8/10

Originality & Plot: 3/10

Flow: 5/10

Writing: 3/10

Grammar & Spelling: 2/10

General Enjoyment: 7/10

42 / 90

 
© writerFairy Layouts 2015