B#1 | Like A Scarecrow | hellomiraa

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
 
Steph's BookClub
Steph's BookClub
Navigation:
 
Like A Scarecrow by hellomiraa 
 

Title: Like A Scarecrow
Author: hellomiraa
Characters: Leo (VIXX) & OC
Genre: Romance, Angst
Rating: Teens (T)
Status: Completed (35 Chap)
Description: A mistake that none of them expected. The secret love that she nourishes from the first sight she falls in love with the man that might not realised her existence. The cold side of him slowly brings all the hopes down…Despite all that, she keeps believing and…Like a scarecrow, she’ll be waiting. Can her love melt down the stone-cold heart? Or is it only happens in fairy tale? What happen if all the dreams she builds don’t go exactly like she wants it to be? Instead of going the way she wants, destiny decides to hook them in a way that she never thought she would face. It hurts her but she tries her best…To love him until her last strength..


Title (9/10):
TWhen I first read the title to your story, it did make me curious to read on. I do think after reading the whole story that in a way the title fits the story ver well. The meaning of the title is actually very relevant to the story, because while reading the story you are beginning to understand why you choose that title. The title doesn't sound boring at all, and as far as I know, I didn't came accross this title anywhere here on AFF. In m y personal opinion, I do think you trigger the curiosity of the reader to actually start reading your story.

Description & Foreword (8/10):
I loved your description! To me personally, it does sound like a poem. I think it's a great way to let the readers have a sneakpeek on what they might expect when reading the story. When I first read the description, I was like oooh it's going to be a fluffy story. But actually the graphics gave already a bit away that it was everything but superfluffy. I do think after reading the description and the foreword, they want to start reading the story. For the foreword on it's own, i do particularly like the quote you used. It gives that something extra to the story. You don't think it's going to be that heavy tho ^^ but you did very well, it's a job wel done ;)

Graphics (8/10): 
I was very hesitant towards the use of the background and the poster, it has some special vibe to it. And at first I wasn't sure if it would display and fit the story well. But actually after reading your complete story, it actually does make sense.. Although, it sets the mood of the story, I still can't really understand why you used a knife or something in the design of your background. Can you please inform me why you actually choose that type of background and poster? I would love to hear your vision on it :) It's fits the genre of your story perfectly tho! ;)

Character Development (8/10):
When you start reading your story, you get a glimps of the character features already. You did a good job in portraying them in such a realistic way, that they are far from perfect but still in fact are very realistic. Also they own have their flaws and personal issues and secretes. That makes your story so intriguing. The characters are connected with eachother each in their own way that at the end it all makes sense. From what I read in your story, I do think the main characters are undergoing some major changes at some point in your story. But I don't want to give a way spoilers, so I won't go on about that.. Mianhaeyo! ;) But you have to read the story for yourself, to discover it.

Appearance (7/10):
The font is convenient enough to read the story easily. You don't have any troubles to read it like that. Although, you did your best to apply structure in your story, I somehow got lost sometimes to follow your story. Mostly, in your first chapter, I had some troubles to follow, that's why I re-read it several times to be sure and then at a sudden moment when I was already a few chapters further, I finally understood the flow of the first chapter. But overall, in general your story is quite easy to follow though..

Originality & Plot (7/10):
I must be honest with you *without the intention to offend you!* the story did sound cliché, but i felt your hard work when reading the story, to definitly make the story your own. Well, again I don't want a spoiler alert, but yeah.. you had your love traingle. Well, love triangle in the meaning of the storyline.. I don't think I make sense right now, but I don't want to spoiler anything so. Let me rephrase that, it's about the main character and the best friend :) You tried hard to be original and creative, so *tumbs up* for that! :)

Flow (7/10):
The first chapter went by very smoothly, that's why I was thinking that it would be like that for the rest of story. But you had me mistaken with that. For me, it was a very heavy story with a lot of emotions in it. That's what made it sometimes difficult to read on in one go. Normally, as I am a fast reader, I can read a story in like 2 or 3 days. But with your story, it didn't go that quick. I hope, I'm not offending you in any way as that's not my intention at all!! Mianhaeyo * bows apologetically* So the flow for me to conclude, was sometimes a bit choppy. But it could be that if other people start reading it, it goes by quicker. The reason that it was like that for me, is because I'm not so used to read a completely angst based story. But I did l ike the story after all! :)

Writing (8/10):
You did well in expressing or conveying your ideas in an enjoyable and quite understanding way. On the level of writing, you still have some work cut out for you, but you tried your best and that's what the most important aspect here. You did it in such a way, that I could follow your story like a movie in my head *I think I do sound weird right now* But I like when I can invision the stories that I read in my head like a movie.

Grammar & Spelling (6/10):
I'll try not be harsh on this level, as I understand that English is not your first language. But as you tried your best, I will give you some pointers and tips.
1. Please do a proof read of your story, like that you can avoid small mistakes.
=> for example; You start with she and than in the second part of your sentence it's changed to a he, although it's still about the same female person.
2. Try to pay attention if you use expressions, that you don't mix them up
3. Make sure you use the correct time in your sentences. (He than leave without saying something => He than left without saying something)
I do strongly recommend you, to ask someone to proofread your story like that you can adjust some sentences, expressions and such. For me, that made it sometimes a bit difficult to read on sometimes. But in my mind I automatically read it the right way.


General Enjoyment (8/10):
After reading the complete story, I did like it. But yet again, I did find it a heavy emotional story. But it was a nice story with a lot of my biases in it.

 


Total score: 76/100
Reviewer: StephLovesKCulture
Reviewed on: 19/08/2014
Comments and thoughts: I liked your story, but please not to sound harsh or offend you in any way. Try to find someone who can proof read your story together with you and than you can both correct small mistakes. On the other hand *thumbs up!* you did a great job! ;)


Reminders:
Remember to follow the rules.
+ Comment if you saw this review.
+ Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!

Credits to StephLovesKCulture (STLK) @ Steph's BookClub Review Shop (SBC)©

Credit us
 

Credit 1
writerFairy-SBC-credit.png
Credit 2
writerFairy-SBC-credit2.png