B#5 | Oh, Sehun! | kandApandA

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
ZsQDyX7.jpg?1
 

--❏ Steph's Bookclub Reviewshop ❒--

 
poster

Title

Author

Characters

Category

Genre

Status

Oh, Sehun!

kandApandA

Luhan, Sehun, Baekhyun + rest of exo

fluff, romance, comedy

Ongoing (13 Chap)

Description

Short summary: Luhan's a single father who starts working at a cafe, Sehun's the son of the owner of that cafe who just happens to have a crush on Luhan and Baekhyun's just playing the cupid for fun.

 
 

Title


The title does fit the story. The title has this irony that amuses the reader and makes the reader want figure out what “Oh, Sehun” means. The title is unique, the irony really helps make the story pop out. Yes the title does draw attention.

Descr.&Forew.


The description helps curiosity arise in the reader’s mind, but not enough curiosity to keep the reader interested. The description only gives enough information of the first few chapters, but the description gives enough information to allow the reader a basic understanding of the story line.

Graphics


The poster is very calming and smooth. The graphics don’t seem as fluffy as the story is written, but the graphics give of a happy and calming setting to the reader’s eyes.

Char. Dev.


Making Luhan a single father is very interesting, especially how Minseok is the kid. There isn’t much character development in Luhan besides getting closer to Minseok and befriending Sehun. With Sehun, he steadily grows by being more confident around Luhan. But character development should be getting better since the story is still at the beginning.

 

Appearance


The font is good. Not too big and not too small. The story line has a good structure that can be easily followed.

SBC

Orgin.&Plot


The story sounds unique but boring. The story line of a boss and worker is a little cliché. A love triangle is cliché too, especially since Luhan was first straight and had a girlfriend that stopped Sehun from making a move. The story is definitely interesting, but the story has very cliché elements mixed with in the plot.

 

Flow


The story has a semi-nice flow to it. There will be some parts that would be confusing. An example is Yixing being a full time receptionist and half time chef (is that possible?). Also the friendship of the workers sped up very fast, too fast that it felt like one day of bonding was a year of bonding.

Writing


The story is simple that it makes the story engaging. None of the sentences were to complex and the main statement could be seen. Besides little grammar errors, the writing was smooth.

Gramm.&Spel.


Although the writing was smooth, some grammar errors could be seen. But these grammar errors aren’t so serious (the reader can still understand what the sentence is saying.) There wasn’t much, but some readers could point out some once in a while.

Gen.Enjoym.


This story was good. I’m not much of a boyxboy type of reader, but the story was good enough to make me continue reading. I also think that this story is good due to its simple sentence structures and there were no random big words that seemed like it was just there to seem ‘big.’ The plot line was a little cliché to the point where I could kind of tell what would happen, but it was the type of cliché that kept engaging me.

 
 
 

Title : 9/10

Description & Foreword: 7/10

Graphics: 7/10

Character Development: 8/10

Appearance : 9/10

Originality & Plot: 8/10

Flow: 7/10

Writing: 9/10

Grammar & Spelling: 8/10

Royal Enjoyment: 8/10

80 / 100

 
© writerFairy Layouts 2015