B#1 | Last Glimpse | yehet061190

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
 
Steph's BookClub
Steph's BookClub
Navigation:
 
Last Glimpse by yehet061190 
 

Title: Last Glimpse
Author: yehet061190
Characters: Suho, Kris
Genre: angst, tragedy, friendship
Rating: /
Status: Completed (16 Chap)
Description: Suho is very happy to know that Kris will come back to EXO, in fact not only him, but all of EXO members are happy.


Title (10/10):
The title "Last Glimpse "fitted perfectly with the story, I could see the relevance of the title to the story and it stood out in a simple but stand-outtish way to attract readers. The title personally captured my interest immediately so well done!

Description & Foreword (7/10):
Hmmmm… to be honest, I had mixed feelings about your description. It was quite direct in a way when you said that it was inspired by 48 hours but only it wasn’t exactly a survival story. Honestly, the first line was a bit questioning… it didn't exactly give the plot away, or give a slightly more of a hint. Normally I wouldn’t want to know what the whole story is about by reading the description because I find that very annoying and must well just read the blurb and be done and dusted without bothering reading the plot. But for this story you kind of needed to give more information about what it's about. It personally, confused me a bit and didn't know exactly what I was suppose to expect. Moving on to you're forward though, it was amazeballs! I like how you gave a small passage from the fic. It definitely made me wanna read your story to fine out more. Great job for this part!

Graphics (8/10): 
Your poster most definitely setted in the theme and mood for the story. It gave a very dark and mysterious feel with a twist of sadness and a slight glimpse of the feeling of regret. The character's images and background image was well chosen to match up with the storyline and I loved the font! You're graphic artist did an amazing job!

Character Development (10/10):
The characters were portrayed in a realistic way, they don't sound at all superficial and neither were they written in a typically clichéd kind of way. I really admired the way how you described them so perfectly. It felt like I really, seriously knew them and was greatly impressed on how you portrayed Yerin. How her character developed throughout the story, it was so unexpected and no one ever saw it coming. You did a remarkable job in your character development section. Words just can't express any further. Full marks!

Appearance (10/10):
The font that was used was excellent! It was very easy to read and wasn't too freakishly large or tiny that would frustrate the hell out of the reader to not bother continue reading it. The story was also well structured and the chapter lengths were great, neither too long or short. In short, you're story structure's appearance meant at the top satisfactory standard. Well done!

Originality & Plot (10/10):
Your plot for "Last Glimpse" is undeniably original. Never in my entire 2 years of reviewing have I came across a story plot like this one. You really nailed this story! I was seriously amazed that someone can actually come up with such a plot. Your ideas were creative and smart! "Last Glimpse" brought a lot of intensity and heart clenching moments for myself. Heck! It even brought tears in my eyes, it was THAT GOOD EPICALLY AMAZING! And I seriously hate and love you at the same time for coming up with this storyline, aha. :P

Flow (10/10):
Your flow was spot on it flowed beautifully from the beginning to the very end. It felt like I was walking through a KDrama, witnessing scene after scene.

Writing (10/10):
Your ideas were well conveyed in this story and it's also rather clear how you want the story to go on. All the chapters were so descriptive and there were a lot of emotional and personal feelings poured into it. I still can't get over the fact that someone can write a story like this but you my dear have totally proven yourself worthy! Defs can become a script writer because this story is totally Kdrama material!

Grammar & Spelling (9.5/10):
You're grammar and spelling was great! Only there was one to two small, minor mistakes that you needed to fix up. But other than that it was all fine :)


Corrections:
Chapter 14:
"if you love Kris so much, at least make sure that Suho is *died! I don't care of anything. I just want EXO to disappear! S.M. Company to deteriorate!"

*dead not died.

Chapter 15:
Kim Youngmin was no better than that. He almost lost his *live because of the violence of the prisoners there.

*life


General Enjoyment (10/10):
This story was constructed to magnificently well. From the way you portrayed and wrote about you're characters to the plot… I'm just speechless. This story felt almost believable, like if EXO really died over such a terrible cause. I almost couldn't bear myself to read it because I felt so sad and wanted to run for the hills while sobbing my heart out. But… no I couldn't do that XP haha. But this just goes to show how talented you are as a writer to make you're reader feel this way, to take them to a different world and to lose themselves into your story. You have earned my respect and admiration! ^^

 


Total score: 94,5/100
Reviewer: bestfriend4eva
Reviewed on: 20/08/2014
Comments and thoughts: You totally served every mark you got! You really winged this story dear! Hope you like the review btw ^^, please keep in mind that I tell my honest opinions to help you improve, not to offend you.
Keep writing and best wishes!

XOXO
Aera (BF4E)



Reminders:
Remember to follow the rules.
+ Comment if you saw this review.
+ Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!

Credits to bestfriend4eva (BF4E) @ Steph's BookClub Review Shop (SBC)©

Credit us
 

Credit 1
writerFairy-SBC-credit.png
Credit 2
writerFairy-SBC-credit2.png