B#5 | Angel Of Music: A Strange Duet | fefedove

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
ZsQDyX7.jpg?1
 

--❏ Steph's Bookclub Reviewshop ❒--

 
poster

Title

Author

Characters

Category

Genre

Status

Angel of Music: a Strange Duet

fefedove

Jasmine (OC), Bii, Exo

B*G

angst, romance

Ongoing (11 Chap)

Description

Jasmine Lu is the symbol of perfection: beautiful, talented, kind and wealthy. But it's hard to keep up the facade as a happy and sweet flute prodigy, especially not with someone who can see right through it-right to the ugliness she's trying to hide.

 
 

Title


The title itself is used quite often, but it is really fitting for this story. It has a nice sound and readers that are generally interested into music should be interested.

Descr.&Forew.


The description & foreword give off a real mysterious and angsty feel. It's bound to make readers be interested. It made me wonder "Why are they like this?" Which is what this section should be doing. It drags readers in and it didn't give anything away. it had a perfect balance.

Graphics


In my opinion, the poster doesn't really give off the correct experience the story is trying to represent. From what I have read, the story is about 2 people's lives and how complicated their lives are. But music will slowly help them fix their life. The poster doesn't really have anything to do with it at all. But it doesn't really take anything away from the story, so it's fine.

Char. Dev.


You're characters are definitely complicated, and they know it themselves. You're realistically describing them and don't rush their development. Since your characters are complicated, I LOVE that you're slowly making them advance. You don't rush it nor do you drag it out to long. I can definetly see how they are advancing and it's at a great pace.

 

Appearance


It's pretty easy to read, but make sure you check over the chapters. I did catch that in some scenes the font size would get smaller than bigger. Overall though, it's consistent. It's structured very well, and a reader shouldn't get confused as to what they they are reading.

SBC

Orgin.&Plot


At first glance, the story does seem cliche, but it really isn't. The plot line may be somewhat common, but the character do bring a new feel to it. The way the characters interact isn't you average cliche character. Their surface description may be, but their actions and how they portray are not and it definitely brings a new sense of fresh air into the story.

 

Flow


Perfect. Like seriously perfect. The flow is not to fast or slow. It focuses on main events just enough time, and side events also. The story doesn't have "fill in" chapters and keeps the story moving instead of stalling.

Writing


Your use of imagery is great. I would give you a 10/10, but not all people understand music terms. Myself also playing the piano and a bit of flute understood. But other readers who don't probably have a tiny bit of a hard time understanding all the sophisticated music terms. But since you do put definitions it's alright. But maybe cut off, just a little bit, on the sophisticated terms.

Gramm.&Spel.


It's clear of errors and it doesn't get in the way of enjoyment.

Gen.Enjoym.


I absolutely adore your story... You got a new reader from me ^^ My favorite section has to be the interactions between Jasmine and Bii. I love that you keep them "real" and you stick to their original personalities and you don't change them when they're together. I'm a bit picky so the only bad thing is the font size in some chapters.

 
 
 

Title : 9/10

Description & Foreword: 10/10

Graphics: 7/10

Character Development: 10/10

Appearance : 9/10

Originality & Plot: 9/10

Flow: 10/10

Writing: 9/10

Grammar & Spelling: 10/10

General Enjoyment: 9/10

92 / 100

 
© writerFairy Layouts 2015