B#5 | A Story About The Perfect WildFlower | Rai_Moore

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
ZsQDyX7.jpg?1
 

--❏ Steph's Bookclub Reviewshop ❒--

 
poster

Title

Author

Characters

Category

Genre

Status

A Story About The Perfect Wildflower

Rai_Moore

Bang Youngguk & Miyoung (OC)

BxG

Fluff, Romance, Comedy, Travel

OG (6 Chpt)

Description

Miyoung is classified as a wildflower. She can't stay in one place and has a burning desire to travel the world. Yongguk is an ingrown introvert. He likes to stay in one place and is content with a book and thoughts about a story to write.
Oddly, they met. He fell. She booked. Soon, Yongguk found himself on a plane to somewhere with the girl he was in love with.

 
 

Title


This title is definitely unique. It’s whimsical and it kind of makes me nostalgic, somehow. Don’t forget correct punctuation, though; unless it was intentional for stylistic reasons, “about” should be capitalized.

Descr.&Forew.


There are quite a few errors on this page, and it does look a little cluttered. You might want to make the fonts more uniform and move the reviews to right after the description. Then, you can put all of your credits and extra ads. It would just look better that way and be more organized. By the way, I really do like the fact that you have reviews on the first page.

Graphics


This is one fantastic graphic! I’ll have to check out this Cheesecake Productions Shop in the future… Like seriously, I was so surprised! Excellent job to whoever designed this. It could be a published cover. It totally gives the right feel and mood for the story.

Char. Dev.


As of right now, it’s too early in the plotline to expect any outstanding or recognizable character development, so you get a free 10! I like the way things in the story are headed, though, and we can catch small glimpses of Yongguk’s changing attitudes and how he makes small decisions he would otherwise never make if not for Miyoung.

 

Appearance


The font is neat and easy to read, but it’s just a little small. Since you can increase the size, though, it’s not a problem.

SBC

Orgin.&Plot


This is an interesting plot. It’s definitely original, because I haven’t really read a fanfic like this before. It makes me think of those novels where teens go on long road trips and “find themselves.” I’m also somehow reminded of “On the Road,” by Jack Kerouac, lol^^ All this travel stuff! But anyway, I like the setup for the rest of the story, and personally, if this is well written, I think I’ll be a er for this kind of plotline. It’s totally up my alley!

 

Flow


So I get that the story is supposed to be a little spontaneous, but it kind of switches the moods too much. I’ll explain more about what I mean under the “Writing” section. Additionally, there are quite a lot of grammar and conventions errors that take away from the flow a little.

Writing


This is a little tough to assess. In some parts of the story, we read Yongguk’s musings about his situations. By this, I mean the bits of the story that directly address the audience and are kind of just Yongguk’s thoughts on a certain situation or something. These parts in the story were kind of scattered, mainly in the first few chapters. In some instances, they ran too long, and it gave the story a strange feel to it. The narrative sections are much improved upon these tidbits of writing in between; this doesn't mean that those portions are bad and subtract from the writing, but they are simply found too often. Too much of a good thing is bad. You should try to drag out those parts less and focus on extrapolating on the narrative more. Make sure parts in your story don’t jump too quickly, but take your time writing about each scene and make sure you have everything that the audience needs for it to be complete. Also, it would be good for you to give more details about the characters as well.

Gramm.&Spel.


There were quite a few errors throughout this story. Sometimes, it detracted from my full focus and enjoyment of the story. I could still understand everything perfectly fine, but it was distracting to see errors throughout. Try and see if you can get a beta reader to proofread things for you before posting^^ One major kind of error that I’d like to point out, however, is that there are some strange, out of place or misused pronouns throughout the story. You might want to fix those as well.

Gen.Enjoym.


This story was pretty interesting for me. I am really into the plot ideas right now, and the writing was good enough to follow so far. I’m really excited for the rest of this story, and right now I'm a little iffy about how the rest of it will play out. I’m counting on you, jeojanim! Please make this a great story!

 
 
 

Title : 10/10

Description & Foreword: 8/10

Graphics: 10/10

Character Development: 10/10

Appearance : 10/10

Originality & Plot: 10/10

Flow: 8/10

Writing: 9/10

Grammar & Spelling: 8/10

General Enjoyment: 9/10

93 / 100

 
© writerFairy Layouts 2015