B#1 | My Shadow | hunhan5

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
 
Steph's BookClub
Steph's BookClub
Navigation:
 
My Shadow by hunhan5 
 

Title: My Shadow
Author: hunhan5
Characters: Kai, Kyungsoo
Genre: angst, horror, thriller, mystery, fantasy,
Rating: /
Status:Completed (Two-Shot)
Description: In the world covered by darkness there are two tipes of beings; the humans and the shadows. The shadows stay in the dark. You don't see them, you don't want to. But young shadows you do see, they attach to children untill they are strong enough to survive on their own. We're used to it. They don't talk, don't do anything but follow until you wake up one day alone at last. They just leave...


Title (8/10):
Your title is straightforward and relevant to the story itself. It feels a little boring though so maybe a little more 'snazzy' kind of feel would make it better (?)

Description & Foreword (8/10):
I honestly love the description of the story. Although there are mistakes in the description, it was worth reading it because seriously, it pulls the readers in. It certainly, without a doubt, pulled me in and I knew that I would become your new fan. I did however, spot a few mistakes. You spelt type as tipe. I don't think tipe is a word. Also, this sentence: But young shadows you do see, they attach to children(...) is quite awkward in a way. This is the revised version: But young shadows you do see, they attach themselves to children (...) Other than that, I'm quite satisfied with the way you wrote out the description. It wasn't too revealing nor the opposite. It was alright. It sticks to the plot so well done.

Graphics (7/10): 
Both the poster and background fit well with the theme so good job. However, I took off points as it feels a little... Empty. Yes, empty.

Character Development (6/10):
I gave you 6 out of 10 because it doesn't really show a lot of progress between the two characters although there were a few pointers here and there. I think you could have gone into more depth with both characters. But it is quite understandable though seeing as it is a two-shot but even so, I would have liked a little development there.

Appearance (7/10):
There were a lot of big & large paragraphs, I think you could have spaced them out evenly (if you know what I mean), because it leaves a greater impact.

Originality & Plot (8/10):
I won't give you a full mark because I have read a plot similar to yours (minus the shadow part), but I honestly truly liked reading your story! It was y and the way you wrote. It is original and very unique. One of a kind. I seriously liked how the story is somehow based in the future and the legend is the past which is us right now, in today's generation.

Flow (9/10):
It was perfect. The flow wasn't too fast nor too slow but I didn't exactly adore the part. It went by too quickly

Writing (8/10):
Apart from the few mistakes, you did well. I love your writing style. Your excellent narrating created images in my head so well done!

Grammar & Spelling (7/10):
Well to be honest, I didn't really pay attention to your mistakes because your story was so great. Along the way, I did find a few mistakes but I will not point them out as they are not the most important ones.


General Enjoyment (10/10):
Wow, I am quite jealous of your creativeness, you have what other writers lack. Uniqueness. You think outside the box unlike some others. I personally enjoyed the two-shot (I hope you make it into a chaptered one :3) and I am surprised by the lack of comments you are getting. How can they not comment on this precious story??? It's honestly better than most featured stories here on aff.

 


Total score: 79/100
Reviewer:Marmalody
Reviewed on: 16/08/2014
Comments and thoughts: I'm literally speechless right now. Got to calm my kaisoo feels. Bye ^^ c:


Reminders:
Remember to follow the rules.
+ Comment if you saw this review.
+ Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!

Credits to Marmalody (MML) @ Steph's BookClub Review Shop (SBC)©

Credit us
 

Credit 1
writerFairy-SBC-credit.png
Credit 2
writerFairy-SBC-credit2.png