B#4 | Patient#748⎜--Muasbby

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
  • HOME
  • STAFF
  • FORM
  • ARCHIVE
  • BATCH 3
  • BATCH 4
  • HIRING
BTS2

Patient #748

BTS

KHS

93


      /100

-Muasbby

INFO

10 Chpt (C)

Moon Nayeon (OC), Lee Hoya, Hwang Taegi (OC), Hwang Minrin (OC)

Psychological, Thriller, Investigative, Angst, Tragedy

B*G

SUMMARY

Psychiatrist Taegi and Minrin gets a chilling case of a young girl seeing a man, Lee Hoya, every 14th of each month ever since she was in 7th grade. What happens when a perfectly normal girl finds herself trapped between reality and fantasy?

kheosena

08/01/2015

SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
 

TITLE

This is a very unique title and it sets up a mood of mystique for the story.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT

10

DESCRIPTION / FOREWORD

I like the particular scene that was chosen for the foreword. It introduces the characters’ personalities a little as well. The page itself, however, is a little crowded and cluttered so it might be nice to have a more presentable format and keep most of the fonts and sizes the same. This might also be accomplished by adding mini-headers before the different sections. For example, before Nayeon’s profile, you might want to add, “Characters.” Before the opening scene, you might want to add “Foreword/Description” or something that denotes what is to follow. Also, there are minor grammar errors in the opening scene which might turn off some especially picky readers, although it’s not too much of a concern.

9

 

GRAPHICS

The poster, background and trailer are all excellent. The trailer is especially good and seems quite professional for a fanfic trailer. My only complaint is that the poster is far too light to read much of what is written on it, besides the title, and it is difficult to distinguish much else on it.

9

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

For the length of this story, the characters show growth and have good backstories. Although we do not know them for a long time, we still can relate to them or appreciate them as a character. Honestly, however, for a story of this depth, more character development and more extrapolation on the entire story as a whole would make it better. However, since this was intended to be a short story, the level of underdevelopment is a bit more understandable.

9

 

APPEARANCE

Good font size and structure.

10

ORIGINALITY / PLOT

This story has a very fresh idea.^^

10

 

FLOW

The story has a pretty good flow. Once again, because the plot that was set up is so complex, a story like this needs more background, extrapolation, or fillers in between things. The story also felt a bit as if it was jumping from chapter to chapter. However, because of the length of the story and the fact that it was still well written enough to have a decent flow, it doesn't matter too much.

9

WRITING

There were a few (one or two) things that were glazed over that didn't make sense. Nevertheless, everything was easy to imagine in my head. The author also made good use of pathos throughout the story, and the story, plot, and characters got to my emotions.^^ Once again, though, it was just slightly jumpy and I felt that some ideas, topics, or scenes in the story could use some more explanation.

9

 

GRAMMAR/SPELLING

There are minor errors in grammar and writing format, but they are able to be ignored whilst being read.

9

GENERAL ENJOYMENT

I really enjoyed this story. However, I felt as if it was more of a preview to a full story or book rather than a complete story on its own. (Think of the relationship between a trailer and an actual movie.) I've said this a lot already, but because the story’s topic and plot is so complex and there’s so much that the author could talk about and fill to create a full story, it really should have been a longer story. That being said, that did make me want to read more as well. This short story has so much potential as a complete story, and I suggest that this be looked in to.

9

 

COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS + REMINDER

Comments and Thoughts: Overall, this was a well written short story, although for the amount of information and plot potential that was given to the readers throughout the story, it should have been a longer story that took time to explain many of the bits in between. Even so, it was still an enjoyable read as a short story and it still brought almost everything full circle. Once again, I suggest the author look into making a full story.^^

Reminders:
+Comment if you saw this review.
+Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!
Credits to kheosena [KHS] @ Steph's Bookclub Review Shop ©

SBC