B#5 | Crossing The Han River | MissTommorow

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
ZsQDyX7.jpg?1
 

--❏ Steph's Bookclub Reviewshop ❒--

 
poster

Title

Author

Characters

Category

Genre

Status

Crossing The Han River

MissTomorrow

Do Kyungsoo & Kim Jongin

(BxB)

Romance, Drama, Angst, Future!au, Not Rated

OG (3 Chpt)

Description

Three hundred years have passed since Seoul has split into two twin cities along the Han River. Each has its own government, but the idea of unity as a city called New Seoul has been brewing since the new Grand Councilor took power in the North. Do Kyungsoo, son of North Seoul's wealthiest philanthropist, has just inherited his late father's fortune and position in government. When all he wants to do is improve the bleak lives of North Seoul's people, he decides that the only way to do so is to involve himself with the future Governor of South Seoul: the strikingly handsome Kim Jongin.

 
 

Title


I love your unique title. It does fit your story perfectly, because it does indicate the separation between North & South Seoul. That's what your story is about. Well, actually it's about how Kaisoo can reunite both parts of Seoul again. You could have chosen many other titles as well, but I'm glad you made a logical though out of the box choice for your title. Logicial, because they actually need to cross the Han River and out of the box, because it's very extraordinary and absolutely far from a cliché title. Your title is mysterious and angsty, and that draws the attention of the readers. It triggered my curiousity to continue reading. Well done!

Descr.&Forew.


DESCRIPTION
Your foreword is very neat and clarifying. You give us just the right amount of information to continue with your story. In your short description, we get introduced to the main characters as well. It's a good way to start off your story. I like the quote that you are using. As for now I can't fully give an opinion about it, if it's fitting or not. But I do think from reading the taglines as well, that you made the right choice by putting that quote there. We shall see.. Surprise us!
FOREWORD
You keep it so clean! I love your style already. Also, it's a great idea using your foreword as prologue to the story, like that you can start right away at the beginning and how it all came to that one meeting. Nicely done! It definitely attracts readers continue your story. You keep us lingering to read more.

Graphics


First of all, kudos to your graphic designer who made your poster. I love it! It's very angsty, but does give us also that romantic feeling that's lingering and waiting for the passion to come out. I love the color scheme that has been used, it's black but at the same time it isn't that harsh. It suits the story perfectly and sets the mood. As for the background, it simple, clean and it fits together in combination with your poster.

Char. Dev.


The characters are portrayed in a realistic way so far. You only have about 3 chapters written, so there is a lot of room for the full development of the characters. I do feel there's a lot of potential for both main characters. There's also like this lingering passion between both of them. None of them know it yet, but I think to have a great cooporation to unite both parts again, it will come in handy. I like the characters so far. They are displayed as very calm characters so far, but with in their past the feud between both of their families. It seems like every decision they need to make will have a great impact on their future. They already met each other at the funeral of Kyungsoo's dad. For DO it's too much to handle so he goes somewhere private, but that privacy gets invidaded by Kai (Kim Jongin) and as I understand from that moment the story will develop further. So keep on going!

 

Appearance


The font is large enough to enjoy reading. Also the fact that you keep everything neat and clean with the chapter layout helps out a lot! I like it very much. It gives your story that little extra. Your story is very well structured. I wouldn't change anything. You can also easily follow the storyline.

SBC

Orgin.&Plot


For me personally, the story doesn't sound cliché, it's innovative and very creative. It's another kind of "love" story. It revolvs more around the political matter, but in the meantime, yes offcourse it's still a love story. I do like how you take this plot and make it your own. It shows that you are great writer, by using what's cliché and adding an unusual element to it which makes it very interesting to continue with your story. To be honest, I don't normally read those kind of story, but because you intruiged me, I couldn't stop reading. Well done so far! I do hope it will continue this way!

 

Flow


It flows very smoothly without any choppy parts, you made sure of that! As for now it goes by slowly but that's only because we have about 3 chapters so, a lot can still happen for which the flow can change to a faster pace.

Writing


I love the way you write. It's like very poetic and on point, and very sophisticated. You are able to convey your ideas and words in a very enjoyable way to read. When I was reading this, I could imagine everything in my head because of the imaginary language you are using, like a K-drama. It's due to the fact, you use such a descriptive language and are able to go into the smallest detail of everything, without it being too much. It gives a certain feel to the story. Well done!

Gramm.&Spel.


You're great in English! No errors found so far!

Gen.Enjoym.


As you can already notice, I like this story a lot! It's like the future Romeo & Juliette or in this case Romeo & Romeo. They are separated by the Han River and a lot of other invisible barriers . Your story starts off with a sad event, but I do think we need this event to be able to continue your story. I love the whole 3 chapters so far. There's mystery, lingering passion and love. I'm curious how the story will evolve! Keep on writing like this! ;)

 
 
 

Title : 10/10

Description & Foreword: 9/10

Graphics: 10/10

Character Development: 8/10

Appearance : 10/10

Originality & Plot: 8/10

Flow: 9/10

Writing: 10/10

Grammar & Spelling: 10/10

General Enjoyment: 10/10

94 / 100

 
© writerFairy Layouts 2015