B#3 | The Bodyguard ⎜regzlim

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
  • HOME
  • STAFF
  • FORM
  • ARCHIVE
  • BATCH 3
  • BATCH 4
  • HIRING
BTS2

The Bodyguard

BTS

STLK

78


      /90

regzlim

INFO

OG (36 Chpt)

Song Ji Hyo & OC

romance, comedy, M

YURI

SUMMARY

Grumpy, dorky and at times, awkward Reg has recently moved to Korea to start a new adventure. Enter beautiful, adventurous and kind Korean actress, Song Ji Hyo.
Two completely different people from different upbringings and cultures. What happens when the awkward turtle discovers love in the form of the unattainable and falls for the girl on tv? Thousands of love stories happen everyday. And sometimes the most unlikely pairs are the perfect match.

StephLovesKCulture

08/11/2014

SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
 

TITLE

The title says it all. You made the perfect choise by chosing that title. It definitely draws the readers in to start reading your story. And by the first look of it, it doesn't give away that much. In that sense, that it can go so many ways. Well done!

10

DESCRIPTION / FOREWORD

Your description is short but to the point. You don't need more information to read the story. With your description you give them a little hint already from what's your story about. And by reading your description, in a way you do want to continue reading. Because every Authornim has a different view on certain situations.

10

 

GRAPHICS

You didn't give a posterlink. But when I started reading your story, I saw that you already had a poster for your story. So if you want, I can comment on the poster you have. I do think the poster fits the story very well. I like the composition and the graphics a lot. So congrats to your graphic designer! It does portray the atmosphere and feelings of the story well.

--

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

You did a fine job on the character development. You portrayed every character in a realistic way, even the actress, you gave her a realistic image and not a stuck up superficial b*tch. I do like that about her. I like how you made Reg, the adorkable one, it totally fits her personality. As for important changes made by the characters, I do not think there a some major changes. But overall, I must credit you, you did a fine job ;)

8

 

APPEARANCE

You choose the right font and also the right size to enjoy reading your story. It doesn't bother the readers at all. You structured your story very clearily and from my point of view, your story is quite easy to follow. Maybe a little pointer here: It might be sometimes a little bit confusing when you go suddenly back in the time to describe what happened before the first part of the chapter.

10

ORIGINALITY / PLOT

Well, to be honest, it does sound cliché, but for me to reverse a cliché story in a good story, that's amazing. And on that note, I do think you did a great job of making the storyline your own. It's a typical love story and maybe you would think very predictable but you are capable of keeping ones attention to your story. That's because you use some tricks to keep our attention, like little unexpected things that makes your story stand out a bit from the other cliché stories. There is a typical love triangle going on, but you managed to keep it excited.

7

 

FLOW

The story flows rather slowly towards the end. Apparently, you love to give us a lot of details and facts and situation, which makes your chapters long and not always that smoothly going. But overall, you did a fine job on the flow of the story. It does inch slowly towards the main plot.

7

WRITING

Your ideas are very well conveyed in your story. You do like to use interesting words to describe some situations. That makes it interesting to read on. I did get the images you wanted to display, in my head and like that I could continue your story. It was like a little Kdrama playing on.

8

 

GRAMMAR/SPELLING

If English is not your first language, I must congratulate you on this section. I didn't find any major or minor mistakes in your story, so well done!

10

GENERAL ENJOYMENT

Well, here's the section or part where I will be super honest with you. I actually don't read yuri stories. *Mianhaeyo* Luckily for me, this wasn't a ty yuri, but a very light and fluffy and dramatic yuri story. Which made it at some point a bit much easier to read on. Overall, your story is quite good. In a way, I did like it. But only for this once. This will be the only yuri story ever that i will read :) I liked the fluffiness of the story and the drama in your story. So for me, yes to convince me to read your story, you did again a great job!

8

 

COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS + REMINDER

Comments and Thoughts: I hope you're not offended by the general enjoyment section. I just want to be honest with you. I wanted to grant you your right of getting an honest review. Although, as I said before I don't read or do Yuri stories, your story was not that bad at all. Well, you gave me a different experience by letting me review your story. Thank you!

Reminders:
+Comment if you saw this review.
+Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!
Credits to StephLovesKCulture [STLK] @ Steph's Bookclub Review Shop ©

SBC