B#3 | A Lamb's Demon ⎜thecrownedraven

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
  • HOME
  • STAFF
  • FORM
  • ARCHIVE
  • BATCH 3
  • BATCH 4
  • HIRING
BTS2

A Lamb's Demon

thecrownedraven

MML

65


      /100

thecrownedraven

INFO

OG (5 Chpt)

Yifan Wu,Shixun Wu,Jun Wu(OC),EXO

Romance, Drama, Angst, SOL, School Life

CATEGORY

SUMMARY

It is the story of three parentless brothers who struggle to maintain their home and lifestyle. Behind their expertly-played facade, lies three broken brothers with their own problems. Having a little amount of money they received from their parents’ wills, the boys work hard to help one another. Wanting him safe, Yifan sent his little brother to a better school, while Shixun and he went to a school run by delinquents. They pray to see the next day and hope they can manage to keep living. Through certain circumstances, their lives spiral down to hell, in more ways than one.

marmalody

19/10/2014

SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
 

TITLE

Your title is relevant to the story and it's also simple but effective, so well done.

8

DESCRIPTION / FOREWORD

I adore your description of the story. Again, very simple but effective. It doesn't give too much away of the story but gives enough to let readers read more. I love how you added the characters and their information in the foreword as it'll help readers know more about them and what they may be like. I don't get how Sehun is nicknamed 'North Pole Prince' though as in the story, he's not portrayed as that (unless he becomes the demon inside him).

8

 

GRAPHICS

The mood isn't really there. I think the color would have been better off with a darker color because the white isn't cutting it. I like how the color used for the word 'Lamb' is in red so good job.

6

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

From what I've read so far, I know that the three brothers are broken, very vulnerable when they are not 'possessed' and that they are happy and protective of one another. Jun is somehow 'mature' for his age. Correct me if I am wrong but Kris is Yifan's demon, Sehun is Shixun's demon and I've no idea who Jun's demon is for now. They talk to the boys, possess them and make them feel weak and vulnerable. To be honest, this part was quite confusing to me as I didn't realize about this 'strange' personalities they hold or the demons they hold until the last chapter where Sehun and Shixun was talking to each other. It's not too clear but other than that, your characters are stable and their relationships show. I like how you sticked with the 'motherly and brotherly' figure when it comes to the 3 brothers' relationships and I like how you added some minor characters such as Amber, etc. Some characters pop out of nowhere though so it may seem like your ideas are all over the place.

6

 

APPEARANCE

Your font is fairly easy to read, no colored fonts whatsoever but I honestly don't like how you add in a link to a word/name. If you want us to see what you see, please put the link/s at the bottom of the chapters as not to disrupt the whole chapter itself or better yet, describe it. Describe what you want us to see whether it's a person or a thing. Refrain from putting links.

7

ORIGINALITY / PLOT

You have potential. I am liking your plot and how it is laid out although some parts are just kind of dragging the whole point. I honestly did not expect that the 'demons' are actually hiding beneath their fragile, innocent & naive selves. You portrayed that wonderfully yet evilly. I like it. Some parts are cliche though but nevertheless, it keeps the plot from straying away.

7

 

FLOW

Honestly, once I started reading the first chapter, it didn't left a huge impact. It was long which would have been alright but it was not entertaining enough. I had to skip some parts just to get to the point. You add a lot of details. Excessive details. Some sentences have been repetitively said and whatnot. I was starting to doubt whether the story was gonna have krisyeol and sekai in it because it honestly took long, I was just waiting for it to come already but I guess I see the reason why you did that. It's to show more of the brothers' relationships and daily lives such as school, jobs, etc.

6

WRITING

Your writing is neither simple nor too fancy or anything like that so well done. Remember to proof read your work as there are some mistakes.

5

 

GRAMMAR/SPELLING

Some of your tenses were mixing together and there were some sentences where I had no clue what you were going on about. Your spelling was superb though. Here are some mistakes that you have done:

Original version:
She prayed for their wellbeing’s.
Revised version:
She prayed for their well-beings.



Original version:
He walked passed their parents’ room
Revised version:
1) He walked past their parents' room
2) He passed their parents' room


Original version:
He watched the care leave
Revised version:
He watched the carer leave


Original version
(this one did not make sense and I'm trying to connect with it):
How could Shixun tell him not to worry when he wasn't close to run to his younger brother's side?
Revised version
(I don't even know if this is what you are trying to portray):
How could Shixun tell him not to worry when he was dreading to run towards him?


Original version
(two sentences that are repetitive):
Jun looked over at him and hugged him. He didn't say anything, but he hugged him.

Revised version:
Jun looked over at him, and hugged him without saying anything.


Original version:
Don't go thinking because any of us are late that we forgot about you.
Revised version:
Don't go thinking that both of us are busy that we forget about you.

These are just some mistakes but if you have time, please do go back, reread chapters and edit them or get a beta-reader.

6

GENERAL ENJOYMENT

I like how they kind of stray away from their 'image' in real life (although calling Kris beautiful is a pet peeve because he's not that feminine). I like how you added in some characters as well so well done! I personally like the 'demons' inside them. I'd have never thought of that if I was to write a story based on 'A Lamb's Demon'.

6

COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS + REMINDER

Comments and Thoughts: Hello! Thank you for requesting at Steph's shop! I apologize if I was harsh with my words. Do tell me so. Don't worry about your overall score. Just practice, practice, practice and with that, you'll better your skills, etc.

Reminders:
+Comment if you saw this review.
+Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!
Credits to marmalody [MML] @ Steph's Bookclub Review Shop ©

SBC