B#6 | Sweet Escape | rasikha_lorie

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
ZsQDyX7.jpg?1
 

--❏ Steph's Bookclub Reviewshop ❒--

 
poster

Title

Author

Characters

Category

Genre

Status

Sweet Escape

rasikha_lorie

Kwon Jiyong and Kim Taeyeon

Boy x Girl

romance, friendship

Full of different one shot and three shot stories, consists of 9 chapters. It's very long chapter, I hope you can bear. I want to improve my story too :)

Description

Kwon Jiyong and Kim Taeyeon, a leader of nation's idol group who find themselves in a similar situation, they don't know each other that well but figures out that they understand each other better than no one else. This story is about escapes, so they may find themselves alone without anyone near them.

 
 

Title


The title is nice, and I can’t really fault it for being too cliche since it’s the name of the song upon which the story focuses.

Descr.&Forew.


A basic and straightforward description and foreword. I’m disregarding everything after the poster credits, as I assumed that that was for the other stories in this set.

Graphics


Whoever made this poster did a great job! They chose nice pictures with good expressions for the characters as well, and I like how the title font is layered over foliage.

Char. Dev.


I believe that while the writing didn’t do the character development justice, the skeleton was there. The characters were both fed up with their lives, so they reached a breaking point and decided to do something about it. I appreciate how the characters were able to discuss their addictions with each other and tried to improve the other. The development is a little rushed, though, as the entire plot seems like an outline of a longer story that could have been more fleshed out.

 

Appearance


The font is clear and easy to read, and it’s not too small either. I just don’t know how I feel about the YouTube links in between the text like that, but I’ll look past that.

SBC

Orgin.&Plot


The plot was an original twist on an otherwise quite common central conflict. Kudos for that^^ I also like how it was based loosely off of some true events. On the other hand, it could definitely use some fixing up. First of all, for the majority of the work, I found myself wondering where the story was actually supposed to be going. I feel like it lingered in parts that it shouldn’t have and spent too little in other parts. The buildup to the story, especially from Taeyeon’s view, was quite dragged out; it pulls the focus of the reader towards the exposition as a completely different storyline altogether. Then, when the actual purpose of the story is revealed and the reader realizes that the beginning was only the opening to the rest of the story, it makes for a strange transition. The statement about the buildup being dragged out is especially true as this story is a kind of mini short story. The work would be improved if the story were longer so that if you, the writer, so desires, you can spend time on the two characters’ opening stories and keep them slightly drawn out, since the rest of the main story would also be extended. The plot was well meaning, but it was, once again, just not executed to its full potential, so I won’t be docking off too many points here.

 

Flow


The flow was fair for this story. The order of events made sense, and it moved from scene to scene, but it felt more like I was reading constant snippets rather than a full fledged story. This is another area where a longer story would have been beneficial. The “snippets” could be expanded, and extrapolation could be added to fill in the time between the “scenes.”

Writing


This writing could stand to be more engaging. The story should be able to make the reader invested in the characters’ fates and outcomes, and the story should keep the reader interested. I found it slightly difficult to keep my focus on this story, especially when it seemed that some parts of the story were conclusive, but it just continued on. I know this seems conflicting when I’ve been pushing for a longer story throughout the rest of the story^^ But I’d like to suggest a longer story where we get more exposure to the characters and feel more connected and concerned for their problems, such as their addition. The struggles can be made apparent through more than one scene of conflict, and Jiyong and Taeyeon’s relationship with each other can develop as they help each other through these things instead of a sudden plea when they’re in the club near the end of the story. Additionally, perhaps their “sweet escape” can be written as a location per chapter with more detail to delve deeper into their relationship. It also is a little strange how they are both okay with jumping into this impromptu relationship without really considering their current relationships as much as they really should have. I understand it’s an escape, but more attention should be given to this very plausible conflict. Also, it is unrealistic to add that not very many fans saw them, but the fans that were mentioned just all decided not to mention the relationship and simply just want to write fanfictions about the two. I read that you weren’t a native English speaker, so some of these conflicts and qualities that I feel are lacking will probably be easier to flesh out over time as you gain more experience with this horribly nonsensical and confusing language^^ Once again, I’d like to restate that the ideas and intentions of the story are actually quite good. There’s a lot of room here for the story to go into deep topics and create some great conflicts and romantic tension, and there’s so much potential and so many things I can see happening with this story! I wonder if you can keep this story as an outline and use it to later create a complete chaptered fanfic as you improve. If the execution of the plot and these ideas was improved, it would make for a great story!

Gramm.&Spel.


This was quite good for someone who added that English was not their first language. I’d like to let you know that your conventions are better than some actual English speakers -_- In any case, this is all stuff that can be fixed over time, and although some errors become distracting from the story, most are just smaller things that are easy to look over^^

Gen.Enjoym.


I’ll be honest: This story kind of lost me at a certain point because of the aforementioned faults with the execution and pacing of the plotline and the writing, but I can’t say that it was a terrible story because I actually wanted to know what would happen eventually. And like I said earlier, I really think that this story’s idea has a lot of room to grow and that you can explore much more with the topics you’ve introduced. My imagination of this story’s potential really had me hooked. Make sure to read the comments section^^

 
 
 

Title : 10/10

Description & Foreword: 10/10

Graphics: 10/10

Character Development: 7/10

Appearance : 10/10

Originality & Plot: 6/10

Flow: 7/10

Writing: 5/10

Grammar & Spelling: 7/10

General Enjoyment: 5/10

77 / 100

 
© writerFairy Layouts 2015